Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #361
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
To Terry and Marie,
best wishes and good health... ...soonest

DEAR CHUCK!
I can quite understand your frustration. MSRA is a real problem over here too! My wife, a nursing sister, tells me that at one time any nurse with MRSA would be sent off work until they were no longer infectious. They did that until they realised it was endemic and the whole of the staff would be permanently house-bound. The people who selflessly treat us are subjected to all the bugs we have. We can do our best to protect them and us but that's why it's called Multi-Resistant.
Marc
Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #362
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
sorry, folks...I meant no offense with my previous comment. I'm just venting frustration.

My FIL is down there in FL...has been dealing with a chronic illness that requires frequent similarly invasive procedures, and it seems that whenever he has to be in the care of a medical facility, these "procedures" inevitably result in a nasty infection. However, in the care of his wife (MIL), at home...this has never happened once. (in 3 years!).
Chuck, no offence taken. Hospitals are where all the people go when they are sick, so that is where the greatest concentrration of bugs would be.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #363
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I am coming to you "live" from a hotel near the orthopedic surgeon's office, where tomorrow morning I will be going to get the stitches removed from my latest misadventure. The hotel is needed because the doctor is over 2 hours' travel time away from home, not counting rush hour traffic snarls. We would have to leave home at 4 in the morning to ensure we would be there in time if we left from home. With any luck we will be home tomorrow afternoon.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #364
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Best of luck pardner! Hope this is getting easier fo you!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #365
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Major Dose Of Karma

Sending you and the wife both a major dose of Karma. Can't have too much Karma. Maybe if you hold your laptop over the infected area the karma will flow down thru the ether and sooth the infection.

I'm so sorry you've had this bump on the road to recovery. I know you'll beat it and move foreward, so keep your spirits up.

Airstreaming season SOON... and if you have to put a ramp up to the door to do it, oh well. Now where did I see an aluminum ramp for getting a motorcycle onto a truck.... would that work?

GET WELL SOON! Pretty please

Paula
Old 03-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #366
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Chuck,

I am so sorry for lashing out to you. I really did not mean it to sound that way, I know you and everyone, especially Terry, are getting frustrated.

I try not to get upset and yell, scream or cry, but every once in a while it slips out. I am also dealing with a bad situation at work and am on the verge of telling them where they can put my job. No vaseline will be provided.
If I didn't need the insurance for Terry's care I would.

I really do appreciate all the airstream family has done for us and will forever be in their debt.

Thank you so much for understanding.

Marie
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #367
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac
...No vaseline will be provided...
Ouch!

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #368
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Sending you and the wife both a major dose of Karma. Can't have too much Karma. Maybe if you hold your laptop over the infected area the karma will flow down thru the ether and sooth the infection.

I'm so sorry you've had this bump on the road to recovery. I know you'll beat it and move foreward, so keep your spirits up.

Airstreaming season SOON... and if you have to put a ramp up to the door to do it, oh well. Now where did I see an aluminum ramp for getting a motorcycle onto a truck.... would that work?

GET WELL SOON! Pretty please

Paula
Paula,

There is a ramp in the garage for loading scooters on the truck. Now we can use it to load Terry onto the airstream. Good thought on your part!!!

My sister called a little while ago, and she's making reservations at the Ocala National Forrest campground for Memorial day weekend. Anyone near there why don't you join us. They have an sob, but we'll forgive them because she has been giving me a lot of help and free massages (she's a licensed massage therapist). We'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. We are going biking on the trails (NOT TERRY) and since they own a bike shop in Fort Myers, maybe I can get my bike tuned up, or whatever they do to them.

Well, need to get Terry settled (and me) for the night. Cookie is at Terry's brother's again and seemed really happy to see him.

Might be back on later.

Marie
Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #369
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac
....I am also dealing with a bad situation at work and am on the verge of telling them where they can put my job. No vaseline will be provided....
Marie
Marie,
I will pass on to you one word of advice from the Assistant Police Chief of my sister's police department in TX. and that is "You're the only one in charge of your own morale." The second one came from my father years ago and it is "Don't let the bast__ds get you down!" There are times I wish I had thought a little harder about them before I opened my mouth and gave them hell. I don't always practice what I preach.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #370
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Hostile workplace

If your work situation took a sudden drastic turn for the worse right after Terry's accident, you may be in a hostile workplace. There are Federal laws against this, but it's a long hard road to go and should best be avoided. Your husband's medical bills could have an adverse effect on the group rate premiums being charged for your workplace. (God I hate to admit it, but I own a small company and had an opportunity to hire a good prospect, but she'd had a kidney transplant and was taking $5K in Rx meds a month.) With only 20 covered employees, our premiums would have tripled. In large workplaces, say 300+ employees, that kind of increase usually doesn't happen.

I've been shocked and dismayed to see how many hospitals actually work very hard at getting older nurses who are just on the verge of becoming fully vested in their pension funds quit. They also ruthlessly drop people who have any physical limitations, sometimes even temporary ones. They'll take a nurse who has worked in pediatrics for 20 years and transfer her to the E/R. Of course, if patient care suffers because the nurse isn't able to stay on her feet at a dead run for 8 hours... tough. As long as they can get her/him to quit or be terminated for a failure of some sort.

If you think you are being discriminated against and your workplace has 50+ employees, First - you are entitled to up to 12 weeks of unpaid family leave. There are quite a bit of nitpicking regulations, but if you have to take leave to REleave your pressure consider it. Second - employers ARE afraid of getting sued, so get your facts together quietly. Have several other people been dismissed or driven out? Are they all over 50 or even 45? If work is becoming unpleasant, is it one person or does it seem to be endemic. Keep a journal of each incident (calm, cool, just the facts m'am). Get on the internet and research the federal and state regulations against workplace discrimination. Remember, knowledge is power and employers DO fear the cost and bad publicity which follows a potential lawsuit. If they know you've got them dead to rights, they will likely back down. "When you've gottem by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

I have a friend in the answering service business who is a genius. She found a way to deal with two problem employees by using the hostile workplace regulations in her favor. It's too long to post here for the general forum, but I'll email it to you privately. Just letting it be known around the job that you have some familiarity with these regs could make your supervisors think twice before making your life hell. Hopefully her e-mail will help you.

Paula
Old 03-22-2007, 04:34 AM   #371
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Morning,

The situation at work has been going on for about 5 months, and is a management team who has been put on probation by the home office for not performing up to par, and they are taking it out on the rest of us. Been through it before, but with the problems Terry has had, it's made it more difficult to handle. They are very careful too avoid crossing that fine line but can make life very difficult. I will get through it, been through 5 teams, and are still there. Pass the antacids please.

Well, need to eat so we can make it to Dr. office.

Marie
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #372
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
"When you've gottem by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."
Paula
Oh, THATs a KEEPER!!!

I LOVE it.

(can I use it? )
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #373
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,

We are home again. Uneventful trip and guess what, he was not admitted to Tampa general for anything. Next visit with the ortho is May 3rd. Still no weight bearing, but the x-rays looked good.

Off to get Cookie from Lynn's then dinner. At you later.

Marie
Old 03-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #374

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Glad to hear it - good news! Congrats on being home again!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #375
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Nice try Terry - blaming the dog!
It was worth a shot!...
I guess I won't be doing much camping before May 3, my next doctor's appointment.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #376
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
What could a little dog do!!!!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #377
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Oh, THATs a KEEPER!!!

I LOVE it.

(can I use it? )
I stole it from Seal Team 2... pass it on.

(They say I'm rotten to the Corps, but that I'm great to the Fleet!)

Paula
Old 03-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #378
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Morning,

The infection is clear according to the lab results from Tuesday night. yea, yea, yea.

Going to Infectious Disease Dr on Monday.

Have good day.

Marie
Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 AM   #379
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Great news!
Has he started learning Russian yet?
Marc
Old 03-26-2007, 04:53 AM   #380
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck
Great news!
Has he started learning Russian yet?
Marc
Да, что-то сделать с моим временем оно дает меня.