Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

What's you're theme?

Retro 70's / 8 track, 60's hippy/shag, 50's diner, North woods, Fla. Flamingo, gone fishin...
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 03:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
We have a plain theme using blue. There's just something about blue that we think looks good in an A/S. Blue carpet, blue curtains, etc.. In our bed room my wife made some quilts and cushions out of material that have pictures of A/S'S in the print. We also have the lamp shade covered with the same material.

I would post some pictures but I can't seem to get the site to co-operate with me on that. I don't know if it's my pc or this web site preventing it. I've posted several in the past but it just doesn’t want to work for me right now. Anyway, whenever the photo section is ready I'll try it then.

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
re: whats your theme......

low maintenance..........
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:47 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1972 Overlander is updated but original as far as theme.

1985 34.5 Motorhomes theme is Frank Lloyd Wright prairie style arts and crafts era. It is a work in progress but already have new hardware on all cabinets, hooks, door handles, stained glass hanging over dinette lamp. Mica shaded lamps in bedroom, living room, & wall sculpture from price tower in OK. As I have said before the 2 years plan went to 2 months so we will live in it and continue to modify as we go and can afford.
mareinmn
cmgirdwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:23 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
The "Parrot Inn"............

has a somewhat tropical/jungle thing going for it. I was a skeptic when my wife started out on this, but I must admit I'm now impressed and enthused. Throw rugs, Futon, and pillow covers in different but contrasting animal hide motives. Curtains in a more-subtle bamboo print. Etc., etc. The in-laws keep seeing what they can buy us to improve on the theme. It got her brother and sister-in-law enthused to start a "beach" theme of their own for their mint-condition 1968 Avion. I bought my wife a neon parrot sign this past Christmas, and arranged a way to hang it where it shines out the front door-side window when we take it the trailer on outings. She hangs little parrot and flamingo party lights around the awning fringe to add to the theme - tres' tacky, perhaps, but sort of fun. Its not like we feel compelled to apologize to anyone for acting silly at our age.
joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 07:00 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Theme

Mine is Northwoods/Camp. I love those old coolers and the flashlights, but they are getting harder to find around here. I can't wait to see pictures. hope the pic. deal is worked out soon.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Ours is blue/tropical. The local superstore had tropical print picnicware and bedsheets this spring, so I loaded up with service for four - plates, bowls, silverware, glasses and tablecloth. I used the sheets to make slipcovers for the cushions, and the pillowcases for throw pillows. I also got some tablecloth weights with cute hula-girls and tiki gods, but I haven't figured out where to hang them yet. I'd like to use the leftover fabric for curtain valances. We matched the outside with blue-striped window awnings. It's all fun and sunny, and completely reversible, so if I don't want to look too tacky, we can revert to the reserved floral pattern cushions.

I'd like to see a picture of the 'parrot inn', Joe. Maybe I can steal some ideas...

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:51 AM   #8
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Southwestern

Mine is Southwestern with a hand-woven wool blankets on the wardrobe side and the bathroom door There is also a small blanket on the wall by the door.

In the bedroom, there is cowskin hanging with an Indian rattle centered on it.

On the bathroom wall, there is an Indian sand painting.

In the couch area, there is a Pena print.

On the cabinet end over the stove, there is a flame-cut star I found in the workroom of a welding shop.

My winter comforter is Southwestern style. In the summer, I use thebrown Airstream-supplied bedspread with the Southwestern style sheets from the conforter set.

My upholstery is Amarillo, which fits with the theme quite well.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:20 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
New Florence , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to mkeith54 Send a message via Yahoo to mkeith54
Mid western comfortable and low maintenance. Pergo up front with berber in the bedroom and bath. Will be taking the bath berber out and putting pergo there as well. Up graded the beds to aero beds, big iomprovement. Wife redid the couch and drapes, again for low maintenance.
mkeith54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:33 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
thank God the tiki bar is open....

have fun kids......im still low maintenence......
norby....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 08-08-2003, 09:38 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

The theme of my future will be resto mod. meaning the out side will be vintage while the inside will be vintae but with modern touches. sound system, cable, phone DSS Etc.

Tim
Airstreamlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:15 AM   #12
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm with Norbert....low maint...
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:31 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by mareinmn
1972 Overlander is updated but original as far as theme.

1985 34.5 Motorhomes theme is Frank Lloyd Wright prairie style arts and crafts era. It is a work in progress but already have new hardware on all cabinets, hooks, door handles, stained glass hanging over dinette lamp. Mica shaded lamps in bedroom, living room, & wall sculpture from price tower in OK. As I have said before the 2 years plan went to 2 months so we will live in it and continue to modify as we go and can afford.
mareinmn
Ohhh post some pictures of that! I'm a big Wright fan.

I want one of our outings to be a where we hit a few places like Falling water .

Well our theme is looking like it may be Tabassco. They have a lot of neat stuff at www.tabassco.com . When we get to that point the camber will go from Toaster to Chilie Pepper.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 09:47 AM   #14

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
I'm with Norbert....low maint...
Aw, come on you two, have a little fun! I can't imagine my trailer being much lower-maintenance unless the inside was waterproof boat vinyl so I could hose it out As it is I toss the print covers in the wash after the dogs dirty them up, give the place a litte sweep and a dusting, and we're ready for our next trip. Of course, some of you have bigger units to clean, that must be the problem...

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:04 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
have some fun....

there's no time left for fun after you finish dusting all those chatskies......
norby.