Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Camping preference, parked between 2 Class A MH's or 2 Airstream trailers?
Camp between 2 Class A Motorhomes 4 11.11%
Camp between 2 Airstream trailers 32 88.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
What's your preference?

Everything else considered equal if you had an Airstream TRAILER and you were offered a campsite parking you between two Class A motorhomes or between two shiny AIRSTREAM trailers which would you choose?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I would rather park in between two Airstream trailers, of coarse, if given the choice; But I have no problems being parked between any nice and friendly RVers. On the other hand, [not mentioned] could the two class A motorhomes be Aluminum Airstreams?
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
Thumbs up I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, I would rather park in between two Airstream trailers, of coarse, if given the choice; But I have no problems being parked between any nice and friendly RVers. On the other hand, [not mentioned] could the two class A motorhomes be Aluminum Airstreams?
Who cares what is parked on each side.as long as they are nice and friendly .But if you are uptight about what is parked beside you it is time to stay home , that way no one bothers you. Remember TT and MOHO we all pay the same dues and addmission prices to camp. So people lets get off the " I hate the TT and MOHO bit" and remember the main objective is to have fun camping.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
In between the 2 MHs

I just love it, when I'm between two $100k plus rigs, and everyone walking by is talking about our Airstream, and not the 2 MHs. And they always say - those things are expensive... I just love it! They only see the shiny thing, not the big, square MHs.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Rob, hits the nail right on the head with his comment. I often get folks coming up to my rig to ask what year it is, what's up with the back doors, and all that. Some of these folks are driving newer 100K plus rigs.
I love it that mine is paid for...
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
When I went to the IBT rally it was very nice to have a neighbor with a motorhome. We made a group of new friends with our neighbors and we gathered each evening. When it was too cold and windy or too rainy to sit comfortably under the awning, we TT people were very fortunate to be welcomed into the larger interior of the motorhome with slide outs where we could all fit with ample extra room, even had room for their two and my one dog to play.

Other advantages would be that there is more privacy in the trailer since the motorhome windows are higher. The motorhomes will cast a shadow and shade you from the sun and allow your refrigerator and ac to run easier. The motorhomes will block the wind and make your propane for heat last longer.

Given a choice I would go park off the beaten path and be the fool on the hill, but that's just me.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Motorhome people can be really nice sometimes too. Like starting my generator up during the day and letting several trailers plug in and charge batteries.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
Rivet Master

It's a hard call...........

I have had a few bad experiences parking next to big motorhomes.( 7:00 am generators for making coffee, flooding my site with stinky grey water). But some big riggers have been real nice. Some even ask when the best time to run the generators and offered to charge my batteries. Sometimes they provide needed shade. It's the people not the size of the camper that matters most.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Thanks for remembering us Bob and say hi to Lee for us. I also agree with robandzoe. It's amazing how much attention we get when we're the only silver ones out there. In the end, it really is the people that make the difference, no matter what they're in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asf1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	34099  
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
Send a message via AIM to wannastream Send a message via Yahoo to wannastream
I'd park between anything, old, new, big, small, TT, MH, 5er, I don't care because if I could park between any of these then that would mean that I have something to park!

Bill
How I treasure every minute, being part of, being in it, with the urge to move on"
wannastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Couldnt care less if they are good neighbors. Selection of travel equipment is a choice not a religious calling. I love airstreams to death, but it is the being out there that is most important. *gets of soapbox*

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
I love the smell of aluminum in the morning!!!

Yep...I prefer being between 2 AS's any day. Nothing against all the other TT's out there but shiny aluminum beats painted metal any day.

I agree with a previous poster and that is it doesn't matter what brand but the people inside of them. If they have critters (aka dogs/cats) then they're my kind of people.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #13
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Personally I think they should be parked boy/girl, boy/girl ...well at least AS/MoHo, AS/MoHo, AS/MoHo...but I doubt you will find that many Airstreams in one campground unless an AS rally is going on I really don't care who I park next to as long as they are non obnoxious, and relatively courteous.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
how common?

How common is it to find obnoxious RV'ers? Is it more common at state parks or other?

Thanks!
How I treasure every minute, being part of, being in it, with the urge to move on"
Old 03-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Defensive?

"So people lets get off the 'I hate the TT and MOHO bit.'"

The original post was everything else being equal... which preference do you have? This means that if you are parked between two motorhomes you will find those RVer's just as friendly as the ones in the AIRSTREAM trailers. Nothing has been stated in the original thread about "hate," and so far the poll is showing that with everything else being equal a sizable majority would choose to park between AIRSTREAM trailers and NOT Class A motorhomes. The poll result shouldn't be interpreted though to mean that there is hate for RVer's with motorhomes.

The question that arises then, is it GENERALLY less pleasant to get parked between two motorhomes if you are camping in a trailer? And is there a general and fundamental difference between the two RV lifestyles?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
"is there a general and fundamental difference between the two RV lifestyles?"

I'd say "yup there is". One of these groups drives their "home away from home", while the other group pulls their "home away from home". Other than that I don't think it would be easy or fair to make blanket generalizations or assumptions about either of these groups. MH people don't necessarily spend more on their rigs than the AS crowd and vice-a-versa. I'd be that there are nice folks and jerks in either camp.

But what do I know? I've only used KOAs from a tent and sleeping bag perspective, never with a solid roof over my head.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #17
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Personally I think they should be parked boy/girl, boy/girl ...well at least AS/MoHo, AS/MoHo, AS/MoHo...but I doubt you will find that many Airstreams in one campground unless an AS rally is going on I really don't care who I park next to as long as they are non obnoxious, and relatively courteous.

Aaron
Hear, Hear

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
wannastream,Is your tent silver.We tent camped year round,It's amazing what a good bag and a thermarest will do.Hang in there we just upgraded to a hardshell 4 or 5 months ago.Also to stay on topic you had a couple of very good points,Well put
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote