View Poll Results: Camping preference, parked between 2 Class A MH's or 2 Airstream trailers?
Camp between 2 Class A Motorhomes 4 11.11%
Camp between 2 Airstream trailers 32 88.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado

"So people lets get off the 'I hate the TT and MOHO bit.'"

The original post was everything else being equal... which preference do you have? This means that if you are parked between two motorhomes you will find those RVer's just as friendly as the ones in the AIRSTREAM trailers. Nothing has been stated in the original thread about "hate," and so far the poll is showing that with everything else being equal a sizable majority would choose to park between AIRSTREAM trailers and NOT Class A motorhomes. The poll result shouldn't be interpreted though to mean that there is hate for RVer's with motorhomes.

The question that arises then, is it GENERALLY less pleasant to get parked between two motorhomes if you are camping in a trailer? And is there a general and fundamental difference between the two RV lifestyles?

Out for coffee!
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
Send a message via AIM to wannastream Send a message via Yahoo to wannastream
"is there a general and fundamental difference between the two RV lifestyles?"

I'd say "yup there is". One of these groups drives their "home away from home", while the other group pulls their "home away from home". Other than that I don't think it would be easy or fair to make blanket generalizations or assumptions about either of these groups. MH people don't necessarily spend more on their rigs than the AS crowd and vice-a-versa. I'd be that there are nice folks and jerks in either camp.

But what do I know? I've only used KOAs from a tent and sleeping bag perspective, never with a solid roof over my head.

"Like a roller in the ocean, life is motion, move on...
Like a wind that's always blowin' life is flowin' move on...
Like the sunrise in the mornin' life is dawnin' move on...
How I treasure every minute, being part of, being in it, with the urge to move on"
wannastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #17
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Personally I think they should be parked boy/girl, boy/girl ...well at least AS/MoHo, AS/MoHo, AS/MoHo...but I doubt you will find that many Airstreams in one campground unless an AS rally is going on I really don't care who I park next to as long as they are non obnoxious, and relatively courteous.

Hear, Hear
There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
wannastream,Is your tent silver.We tent camped year round,It's amazing what a good bag and a thermarest will do.Hang in there we just upgraded to a hardshell 4 or 5 months ago.Also to stay on topic you had a couple of very good points,Well put

bertro is offline   Reply With Quote