Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Shane, finding a competent place to fix this close by might not be an option. If you can't make the trip to JC, shipping it is an option. Considering the damage the dealer has done, this is something I would consider trying to get out of the dealer. I think I remember your wife's an attorney?
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #22
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Shane, any update? Repair photos?
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
QUESTION: What would you do?
ANSWER: YELL MY HEAD OFF - Then calm down and ask them to put it back together and take it to Jackson Center for repairs. Document EVERYTHING they said, did, were suppose to do, looked like they were doing, and ate for lunch (OK the last one was a bit much but you get the point). Right now, they should be out every dime. All the repairs, your drive up at a reasonable milage rate, hotels or campgrounds, etc. JC should then back their certified dealership workmanship up with a full repair including panel replacement, window install (new), and rain test. That would be a start, new jackets and some tee shirts would help calm me down, cooler full of beer upon arrival would be a minimum consideration for your troubles.

DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Shane, There's a lot of advice here, while well founded, is just going to make you bitter and foul. Get the right tools and materials, ask the methods from some really good folks on the forum and DIY. Is all this worth the aggrivation? Warranty is only as good as all the middle men and factory which administers and screws them up. The only way to do it to YOUR satisfaction is do it yourself. Some of the screw up are best left alone, like the dents...but IMHO move on.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Honestly..Airstream doesn't care. They were figting them on the window leak. Which is the WINDOW seal,..not the gap it was placed in.

Shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
No guarantees the window will be fixed. The glass window itself was leaking. The seam on the window. Manufacturers defect. The Window...not the hole the window slides into. The Airstream needs a whole new window,,,Which airstream refused to replace...or so I'm told.

Shane
Hi, Shane. Refusal from the factory is somewhat common when the factory knows that a dealer doesn't know what they are doing or they are over charging on jobs due to lack of experience and/or lack of knowledge of the product. You might want to involve the Mother Ship and have them repair it correctly.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Have you actually called AS? or are you taking the dealers word. Please call AS yourself and try to calmly tell them the story. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Give Paul Mayeux a call...817-919-3651 is his cell....he does a lot of work on Airstreams and is certified by the factory....tell him Dwight sent you....