Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 06:35 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
OVERLANDER.
Are you seeking opinions or are you on a crusade to bad mouth Inland RV Center, as well as myself.
If you don't like the prices that Airstream charges for parts, then pick on them, NOT A DEALER.
We are not here to buy parts from Airstream at their price and sell them to you at your price.
If you spent as much time researching what it takes to keep replacement parts available for Airstreams, as you have with your bad mouthing and put downs, you would change YOUR attitude in less then a heart beat.
We are here to serve and will continue to be. If you don't like us, that's fine. Take your business elsewhere. But when you find that the "elsewhere" tells you only Inland RV has that part, because they had the forethought to get involved to provide many parts that were no longer available. That's the American way.
If in the future you need parts for your Airstream, please don't call us, as we are gladly accepting the fact that you do not want to be our customer. We don't want you as one.

Call someone else on your money, instead of theirs.

You spoke of time. Who I choose to talk with is my business, not yours. I stay very very busy talking with nice people all day long, everyday. I simply don't have the time to waste on anyone that could never be pleased.

Furthermore, I have not seen you donate hours upon hours of your time, trying to be helpful to others, as I have gladly done.
If you spent 37 years with the Airstream products, as I have done, and from many different aspects, perhaps you could be an expert as well. I have the international credentials, do you???

It would indeed be interesting to learn what work you do or what work you are involved with, so that we could have "equal time" in putting that industry to shame as you have repeatedly tried to do with the Airstream name, it's people and it's endeavours.

Simply put, if you don't like the thing, get rid of it, and let the rest of this group get on with far more useful subjects........
They need assistance and advice, not hearing someone go on and on and on, about a useless point.

Perhaps Andy Robonowitz will get enough of your crusade and delete this entire thread. But at least we got our chance to reciprocate.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com

Old 10-08-2002, 07:06 PM   #30
overlander

yep you got me i'm out to get air stream............i along with others that have posted me privatly have stated that they agree with me...and some of wich dont deal with you.... wich had to do with you not me........i just think they want to much for things and I want to know why.....you couldn't even answer me...I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH AIR STREAM PRICES.......i have no contoll over it, how is my asking people about it (prices) attacking a A/S its there parts maybe not there price tag...they did it to theselfs. i was trying to find out for my knowledge and the knowledge of others..... maybe some people out there like me had no idea what some of this stuff cost! just becouse i bought somthing old it shouldn't mean i should have to pay so much for so little.......

I am a mill operator for a limestone mine........... go ahead and put the industry to shame...............you need roads to pull air streams on.

if you don't like what you read don't read it..... just like if i dont like the price. i can ask any questions i want to you chouse to respond in the begining........do you even remember what the thread was about? i wanted prices from people for parts.....thats all. NOT CARS OR GROCERIES OR ANYTHING ELSE.

and from now on i wont mention names.....i take back everything everything bad i said about you...........

Old 10-08-2002, 08:03 PM   #31
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
$ 49.00

I paid $ 49.00 plus Ca tax for a door lock tumbler with 2 keys from InlandRV in Corona CA. This is the most I paid for an airstream specific part.I did pay $ 299.00 for a water heater, but that was a generic replacement from Atwood, nothing Airstream specific.
I have had bigger parts bills, but for several parts, not a single part. I believe this is what this thread was about,no?
Old 10-08-2002, 08:07 PM   #32
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Ivory with silver highlites!

I paid $25.00 for a NOS exaust fan cover for my kitchen vent from Inland RV and $35.00 for a new exterior outlet box from Colaw Salvage, with the outlet still in it. Of course since I have an Argosy it looks a bit odd with a silver vent cover and outlet box but it all works and does not leak! so I will get over it. I toohave bigger bills, like a new $1100.00 refer and my kitchen sink, counters, Etc. but that was off the shelf stuff.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 10-08-2002, 08:24 PM   #33
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
The gasket for my windshields was $150 from Airstream, $100 cheaper than the outfit I got the windshields from. Considering the size of the gasket and it was 1 piece (no cut and fit and glue, no leaks) it was not that bad of a deal. That is the most expensive single part for me from AS.

John
Old 10-08-2002, 09:40 PM   #34
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
I paid $2400.- for aluminum panels, 3 preformed corner panels and two large side panels. Sure made it pretty looking.
I also paid 530.- for a windshield, could have paid 1,000.- from an Airstream dealer.
Then I paid $41.- for a solenoid valve for the Airbag system. Could have paid $180.- for the very same valve from an Airstream Dealer.
All depends on what ya wanna do. And when you are ready to do it, don't believe all and everything someone tells you.
AIR #13
Old 10-09-2002, 12:32 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Spelling Lessons~

GAWD!
Will someone PLEASE show this guy how to use the "spell checker"~!!
Old 10-09-2002, 09:10 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
while we are on the subject of pricing. My son left his retainer, (the plastic tooth thing that you wear after the braces come off)out where my dog got it and tore it up.
These two small plastic trays, cost 400 dollars to replace. $400 for 2 small pieces of semi-hard plastic. Draw whatever conclusions you want...
If he wants straight teeth we have to buy another set...If I could make a retainer myself I would....

If I want to own my Airstream I either get creative with my r&r or I pay a high price for the "right" parts. I have fixed many items creatively with lesser expensive methods, like the door lock I replaced with a new tumbler for 14 bucks, instead of the whole assembly for 185. Or the onan type filter I got from NAPA for 4 bucks instead of at the rv place for 12.

Sounds to me like if you want to own something special and unique you figure out a way to get it, and then how to keep it going after that.
No problem with dealers charging what they can get for specialty item, its your perogative to buy or not.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #37
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Hear Hear

Yeah what he said.

there are Options in this life, especially here in good ol' America.

I have heard that Texans believe that Texas is their own country.

No slam intended, I love Texas and the people.

Nobody is dragging consumers to Airstream and or it's dealerships.

Capitalism is the American way.

Thats all I have to say about that!

Smily
Old 10-09-2002, 09:42 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

I think if I owned something that was 30 or 40 years old and I could find a replacement part for it I would be very happy, regardless of the price. I wonder how much expense someone has incurred in 30 years just to store an item? I know real estate in California is very expensive, say nothing of taxes and insurance. Let's just be thankful we can find the parts we need to keep those silver twinkies rolling.
On The Road, USA
Old 10-09-2002, 10:19 AM   #39
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
I wonder how much money and support the "Limestone Industry" donates to the churches that are supportive of our creator. It would seem to me that if I could get my raw materials free for the taking, that I could also reduce prices.
Airstreams do usually, but not always, need roads to travel on.
Thats why we have asphalt and concrete highways.
Since concrete, we would all agree is better, it's also more expensive.
Same for Airstream parts.
But some take the cheaper route, just like asphalt, which is the way our system works.
To each his own, BUT DON'T DAM THE PERSON OR COMPANY THAT DIFFERS WITH ONE'S OPINION.

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com
Old 10-09-2002, 10:51 AM   #40
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
LastwordAndy

Hi Andy,
part of why we love you so much is because of your entertainment value. You will have the last word, won't you!
Old 10-09-2002, 11:12 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Lightbulb last word?

'
Old 10-09-2002, 11:45 AM   #42
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Uwe. I am not trying to have the last word, BUT, I am trying to help the new people that are just getting into what you and I enjoy.
Since they don't have an experience factor, I am very concerned that they not be mislead by someone that is ill informed, or is off base.
It is that new person that can be easily swayed by mis-information, not only about a person, but a product or company as well.
If anyone has a gripe about Airstream parts, or their pricing, they should direct their concerns to Airstream, directly. To carry on a crusade, on this site or any other site, can and will have negative effects on those new comers.
You and I, in person, shared many positive thoughts, relative to the Airstream family and products. You have visited our facility and have an understanding of what we try to do for the Airstream family of owners, and therefore any opinion or suggestions that you may make to us would be very carefully considered.
It is the person who doesn't know us, or has never visited our facility, that becomes critical or negative about what we do, that is a great concern, when that person could improperly influence someone new to Airstreaming.
But also as you know, we are very defensive of Airstream, and when someone readily admits that they are on a crusade to give them a bad name or reputation, we will step in and take exception to those tactics, whenever we can.
It also serves no useful purpose, other than to feed one's ego, to go on and on with negativity towards Airstream.
They could just get rid of their Airstream problems, that we both know, WILL, only get worse in time, and get a Shasta. But there is no audience that is available for a Shasta owner to gripe about.
I have always enjoyed observing the treatment a griper gets at an Airstream function, from peers. Usually shuts them up for a long long time, and rightfully so.
Just look at the time I have wasted on this subject, instead of trying to help someone that has a "real Airstream" problem.
ENOUGH!!!!!

Andy
inlandrv.com
airstreamparts.com