Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
Liquid Cooled

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
near Indy , Indiana
What I'll probably do this spring... and why

It’s below zero tonight and more snow is forecast for tomorrow. We’re cozy and snug in the house and the bauxite pickle is safe in an insulated barn. It’s time to sit on the recliner with a pet curled up at my feet and a book on my lap. My wife, also bundled up, sits on the couch leafing through the newspaper.

As the snow starts to fall, I cut my mind adrift and the thoughts begin to find their own way... In my mind it isn’t winter anymore, but Spring: warm, sunny Spring. We’re on the road, headed it-matters-not-where, when a tire blows. No worries, there’s a dusty bar and grill with parking right here.

I walk into the bar and it takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the dark. My nose, however, adjusts immediately. A miasma of onions, light beer, and, maybe a little day old curry, which is puzzling until my ever widening pupils behold the cause of this eclipse, the biggest, greasiest biker ever to escape central casting. To my horror, he looks at me, points, and utters those three terrifying words: “You wanna dance?”

I blink. Hard. Finally stammering out a bewildered “Huh?”

“I said, the Auto Center’s having a sale on tires. Maybe we can get a spare for the trailer.” She lowers the paper and I get a look. One of those significant - "are you paying attention this time dear" looks.

I blink again and wipe the drool from my chin. It takes a second to chain the loose thoughts back down and realize it was my wife speaking, and another second to reconstruct what she just said.

“Yeah,” I reply as I look outside at the snow and shiver. “We really need to do that.”
RedSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Certifiable

. , .
Check yer lugs Romeo

They say you are all the characters in your dream. Did you recognize anything of yourself in that greasy, foul smelling biker?

Who are they anyway? (They keep following me ....)

Throw another log on the fire and appreciate your wife.
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Life comes in 3's ....????

Hello all -

You know how life goes comes in 3's at certain points in your life, 3 deaths, 3 job changes, 3 family events, etc...

Well, we have had our 3 event all surrrounding Tombstone Arizona. 3 different members of the family, in totally unrelated areas of their lifes, got long, interesting conversations going about Tombstone. So that is OFFICIALLY on the list of possibles....

Also, on the short list is Carlbad. VERY cool town before the tourista carpetbomb themselves ALL over the place. Fun before they arrive - ARG after.

North Rim of the Grand Canyon/ Page Lake - again before the massive summer hoards decend and make everything so annoying.....scuse my attitude.

Those are all place I would love to go and they are very doable from here with a bit of flexability built into the schedule.

We'll see!

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote