Old 06-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #1219
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
One thing to keep in mind was we had the AC and all the vents out, so the middle channel was open to allow the running of the wires. WE installed the new 15K Dometic HP. Was not planning on it, but working with parts and being able to have the work done in service, it was the right decision. We do NOT regret spending that extra money.
After all hot dogs in Feb taste as good as they do in July!

On the diameter of the lights the pucks complete are 2" with the spring loaded holders. The over all light is 3". We ran them in three (3) section on three (3) separate switches. The front lounge and galley lights are all above the stove where the exhaust fans is located on the 72. The mid berth is where the old thermometer used to be by the curbs side bed light.
I'll get a picture of that the next time I'm at the coach. The reason for this was when we ran the lights (ODM) we also ran the wire for the AC/HP to the furnace which ran right down the wall behind the sink. Pretty easy. What was time consuming was the measurements to get the lights centered of the port and starboard side more than within the ribs location.

We used the warm white in the mid bedroom and the other two sets in the galley and lounge area. The dimmer switches are awesome in controlling the brightness. What a huge difference in heat as the coach is real cool with these lights.
All lights in the airstream are now LED to include the vanity in the bath and the reading lights above the beds and U-shape.
We purchased everything over the summer pacing ourselves so it didn't hurt as much and then had them installed as doing it all together saved time and made the work somewhat easy.
During this upgrade, the tech, Ricky, found that the inverter was bad and again with the majority of this torn apart, made that install easy on the check book as well.

There are some great companies out there that offer the same. Location, location, location, location, as location is what drives our upgrades.

Lights and switches were purchased through ODM here are the part numbers.

DRBW PREMIUM FLUSH MOUNT 12BW LED Bright White (12)
DRWW PREMIUM FLUSH MOUNT 12WW LED Warm white (6)
2VKDIM DIMMER SWITCH LED KNOB (3)

Hope it helps.

SL4BLLT

Old 06-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #1220
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I picked up Big Butt Bertha with her new floor.. And I love the new look. What an improvement over the 22 year old carpet!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1401754698.127058.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	213369

Old 06-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #1221
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
That looks great. It seems hard to get rid of the new technology 22 years later and hopefully that will last another 22 years.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #1222
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
I just wanted to add a outside shot that include the new Maxx Air smoke covers that we also installed. We almost went with white, but based on the rock guard with the grey base and our repairing of the LP tanks top cover the same grey color, this all worked out.
Guess it is time to spend some money camping.

SL4BLLT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0310.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	213372  
Old 06-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #1223
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT View Post
I just wanted to add a outside shot that include the new Maxx Air smoke covers that we also installed. We almost went with white, but based on the rock guard with the grey base and our repairing of the LP tanks top cover the same grey color, this all worked out.
Guess it is time to spend some money camping.

SL4BLLT
Thats a very good looking rig - Well done!
Would it be possible to get a bit of info on your flag pole? It looks like it's come type of telescopic pole! How small will it get and how does it attach to your frame.

Thanks in advance for any info you can send along....

Cheers
Doug
Old 06-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #1224
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Articfox,
thanks. Tempting to buy new until you realize that this is 42 years old is very light. The upgrades aren't cheap, but the quality even as a "Beatrice model" make this very comfortable. The hard part is making sure you do it right with the correct upgrades and do it once.

On the flagpole, we was purchased at Harbor Freight for $39.99 a few years back. It is a telescopic one that mounts into aluminum tube style pipe held in place by two plumbing clamps that we rigged around the jack pipe (top and bottom) that the jack stand comes up into. It collapes to the one length all internal about four feet tall. Very light.

The flag is an all weather US Flag I purchased and had flown over the Pearl Harbor Memorial back in 2005-06, replacing the 3x5 that came with it. Love hearing it snap in the wind.

here is what they currently offer for $52.99, on sale. Guess they went up in price.

Flag Pole Kit - 20 Ft. Telescoping Flag Pole

1-800-423-2567-US. Might be able to get one prior to July 1 for Canada Day!

This five section aluminum flag pole “telescopes”, making it easy to raise and lower your flag without hoist ropes! This telescoping flag pole kit is quieter than hoist ropes in windy conditions and won't tangle. Five easy-to-assemble rustproof aluminum pole sections fit into the in-ground PVC mounting tube. The telescoping flag pole kit flies one or two flags and a 5 ft. x 3 ft. USA flag is included.
  • Comes with one 5 ft. W x 3 ft. H American flag with brass grommets
  • Five easy-to-assemble rustproof aluminum sections
  • Extends to 20 ft.
  • Fittings for US flag and a second flag
  • Decorative ball ornament
SL4BLLT
Old 06-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #1225
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Great! Thanks very much for the info and links ....
Thanks again

Doug
Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #1226
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
It's been raining a lot - muggy - broke down today and bought this GE dehumidifier

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1401930037.581413.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	213573

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #1227
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Geek, where does the water go? So you leave Airstream plugged in all the time to run this? Is that ok for batteries to be plugged 24/7? Just asking because I might get one.

I have two big purchases today
- acl surgery on our border collie Maggie
- i replaced my one of my thules,

My festival season has started.....
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #1228
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
A new towing setup

A new trailer hitch set up from CanAm RV. Andy Thompson and his crew did an outstanding job of setting up our 25 FB with the 2015 Yukon. The proof was driving home in cross winds gusting to 35 mph with no sway and absolutely stable. Can't say enough about the good work the folks at CanAM do.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	June  2014-06-0309-07-25.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	213582   Click image for larger version

Name:	June  2014-06-0120-23-09.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	213583  

Old 06-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #1229
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
..and at the other end of the expense spectrum, a set of Chef'n collapsible measuring cups, a collapsible collander, and a set of those little magnetic spice containers from BBAB.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:45 AM   #1230
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Odenton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbb View Post
Geek, where does the water go? So you leave Airstream plugged in all the time to run this? Is that ok for batteries to be plugged 24/7? Just asking because I might get one.

I have two big purchases today
- acl surgery on our border collie Maggie
- i replaced my one of my thules,

My festival season has started.....
I have one just like this. There is a water reservoir at the bottom or a side panel opens up where you can connect a standard water hose to to drain it so you can have it drain to your sink or shower or toilet. I never thought of using mine in my Airstream but after my last trip there was a ton of condensation on the windows.

- WBCCI #3750;; CMU #166, 2nd Region
- 2015 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT
- 2016Airstream 22FB Sport
Tadashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #1231
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I leave AS plugged in and keep an eye on battery water level.

Drains in a pan - wen full it cuts off - bought drain hose as well and will allow to drain in sink if it fills that pan too often.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #1232
3 Rivet Member

1998 30' Excella 1000
Halifax , Nova Scotia
Ordered some items over the winter and installed yesterday:

Rubber gasket for the rear trunk door and a replacement Ventline fan for the bathroom, both from Out of Doors Mart

New sewer hose and fittings to adapt to fit older Airstream

And today......replacement batteries. Old ones have done their time...Interstate replacements $$

This is SO much fun and $$ keeping things repaired and running!!

Gilmurr is offline   Reply With Quote