Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #1051
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Hi Hibby:

This is a good looking grill and one I have been looking at also. Have you cooked on it at all? I'm asking because I have read were some say it will not put out enough heat. That said, I'm not sure what "not enough heat" means in real world cooking. In my world I just need it to put out enough heat that one can cook a good steak on it and for that not to take for ever.

With luck you or (anyone else) will have a bit of real world input into this

Thanks

Doug

Doug, I've had my Weber Q for a couple years now and I love it. That said, there are some short comings with regard to heat output vs. say, charcoal or a full size gas grill. But it does a better job than any other gas portable I've used.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to bbqing, grilling and smoking. My first choice is always to cook over wood... There's nothing more fun or tasty. Second is lump or charcoal and last is gas. But for quick easy and convenient I don't think you can beat the weber q. I would like more btu's for searing steaks, but the Q does an adequate job and is very good for burgers, chicken, fish, and dogs.

We hook ours up to a 5 gallon propane tank along with outdoor stove and lantern and that works great. We've used the small bottles also and no difference.

One last thing about weber in general is that they have great customer service. I had an issue with the auxiliary hose for my 5 gal. Tank and they replaced it without issue and offered me a accessory from there Q accessory list free of charge, just for the inconvenience.... That's pretty awesome. My advice is buy it - you'll like it.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #1052
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Just got my babyQ1000 in the mail today....looks nice....will be trying it out I think this weekend for our local camping trip

Also ordered the book “The Next Exit”....some folks on here had recommended to me in the past as I was talking about finding gas stations suitable for easy access with my rig. Looks like a great book to have as a reference...I think it tells you much more about each exit....not sure if it mentions dump stations...

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #1053
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Hey Pharm, I have the q2000, what's the difference bigger - smaller?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #1054
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
1000 is I believe smaller...ill take a pic in a few

Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 AM   #1055
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
We have the Weber Q as well and love it! No complaints at all. Also purchased the griddle for it and perfect for morning pancakes!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #1056
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Griddle - cool - want

Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #1057
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Thanks for the input and advise Mark....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markj55 View Post
Doug, I've had my Weber Q for a couple years now and I love it. That said, there are some short comings with regard to heat output vs. say, charcoal or a full size gas grill. But it does a better job than any other gas portable I've used.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to bbqing, grilling and smoking. My first choice is always to cook over wood... There's nothing more fun or tasty. Second is lump or charcoal and last is gas. But for quick easy and convenient I don't think you can beat the weber q. I would like more btu's for searing steaks, but the Q does an adequate job and is very good for burgers, chicken, fish, and dogs.

We hook ours up to a 5 gallon propane tank along with outdoor stove and lantern and that works great. We've used the small bottles also and no difference.

One last thing about weber in general is that they have great customer service. I had an issue with the auxiliary hose for my 5 gal. Tank and they replaced it without issue and offered me a accessory from there Q accessory list free of charge, just for the inconvenience.... That's pretty awesome. My advice is buy it - you'll like it.

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #1058
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Quote:
Thanks for the input and advise Mark....

My pleasure Doug. It's always nice to shed a little light on a good product. If you buy one say from lowes and don't like it, they certainly will take it back. I would recommend the accessory hose for use with big tanks. I don't know if you like grilled veggies but, the Q does a nice job w those too. If you get one let us know what you think?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #1059
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax gal View Post
We have the Weber Q as well and love it! No complaints at all. Also purchased the griddle for it and perfect for morning pancakes!

I was considering a griddle for mine. Do you take the grill off to put the griddle on? And will it fry bacon as well? Thanks
Old 04-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #1060
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Great thanks Mark - I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow and will be in the States all next week. So I'll get my but over to Lowes and see what they have... Do you know if the optional hose will allow me to hook into my main tanks on the AS?

Thanks and Happy Easter by the way!

Cheers
Doug

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #1061
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Quote:
Great thanks Mark - I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow and will be in the States all next week. So I'll get my but over to Lowes and see what they have... Do you know if the optional hose will allow me to hook into my main tanks on the AS?

Thanks and Happy Easter by the way!

Cheers

Doug

Doug, yes it will is the short answer. However, the one that weber makes is only about 6' long so that may require finding a longer hose ext. which if Lowes doesn't have, walmart or a camping supply will. You'll of course have t o disconnect you trailer line or I the future you could add an adapter w/ shutoff to make things simple. If you use other propane items outside (stove or lantern) then an auxiliary tank w/an option "tree" for hooking up the additional items is the way to go. They make 2gallon propane tanks as we'll. I used that size when I use to take guests out on pack horse trips. Good luck and let's hear from you.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #1062
Retired

2008 30' Classic
Livingston , Texas
[IMG]Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1397861006.207980.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	903.7 KB
ID:	209909[/IMG] A new Hensley.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1397861056.049452.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	994.8 KB
ID:	209910
Which brings up, who wants a ball mount, 1000 lb bars, and friction sway control? All the hardware, breaker bar and pins included. Make offer via PM , I am in Central Indiana.
2008 Classic 30'
2013 F150 Ecoboost
tvketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #1063
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Why a Hensley?
Why not a ProPride?
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #1064
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
Picked up some window tint. Going to put new seals on the last two windows and start putting tint on all of them.