Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2018, 05:58 AM   #5841
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Pete View Post
What model Dometic toilet does this fit on?
Mine is a Dometic 310.

And yes, unless you plumb it to your water heater (could be dangerous unless you use a mixer valve) you will on a cold morning get a wake up call. I have one in my home and am on well water. Even when the outside temps are in the 30's, it's not that bad. Actually, quite refreshing.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #5842
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakinup View Post
Pure Spa Easy Bidet.... Reduces the need for TP in the holding tank, and on a cool morning... wakes you up quicker than a cup of Espresso! Simple to hook up and works with my Dometic.
Would be useful on 'full hookups', but using a lot of water if boon docking and running off of the fresh water tank supply.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:38 AM   #5843
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakinup View Post
Mine is a Dometic 310.

And yes, unless you plumb it to your water heater (could be dangerous unless you use a mixer valve) you will on a cold morning get a wake up call. I have one in my home and am on well water. Even when the outside temps are in the 30's, it's not that bad. Actually, quite refreshing.

This is very cool, and, well..., just so civilized! Thanks for sharing this.
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Re-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #5844
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Would be useful on 'full hookups', but using a lot of water if boon docking and running off of the fresh water tank supply.

Too true, and yet, what price can one put on a shiney hiney?
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Mega Cab Diesel 4x4
Re-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #5845
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Quote:

Without getting too graphic... it all depends on how much cleaning is needed. I camped for a week, used it everyday, and it really uses minimal amounts of water. Again, if you need a fire hose to keep yourself clean... it isn't for you.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #5846
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Our Viair 450 RV compressor kit came with an air chuck with gage. I use a Longacre digital racing tire pressure gage and find the included Viair kit air chuck indicated 50 psi when the racing gage indicated the desired 44 psi. I strongly suggest double checking tire pressure with an accurate gage as under inflating by 6 psi (in my case) could cause significant tire issues.

http://www.longacreracing.com/produc...al-Tire-Gauges

Also of recent interest above might be this Dometic accessory on Amazon:

Dometic 385311124 Hand Spray Kit for 310 and 511 H Toilet - White

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-38531...SIN=B002UC6OYC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #5847
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Our Viair 450 RV compressor kit came with an air chuck with gage. I use a Longacre digital racing tire pressure gage and find the included Viair kit air chuck indicated 50 psi when the racing gage indicated the desired 44 psi. I strongly suggest double checking tire pressure with an accurate gage as under inflating by 6 psi (in my case) could cause significant tire issues.

http://www.longacreracing.com/produc...al-Tire-Gauges

Discount Tire often gives away the cheapest, cheesiest, chineesiest little tire press. gauges free at their store counters. I keep a genuine aircraft-quality calibrated unit (expensive) in the hangar for our airplanes...and those cheapie gauges from Discount Tire always surprise me by being Right On The Money!(and accurate)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:32 AM   #5848
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
What Did You Get For Your Trailer Today?

Attachment 328311Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0248.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	328312Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0247.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	328313
Installed a new Smart Plug for (Journey) and completed one power in put cord.

So it was 3:15 pm and install time was estimated at 15 to 20 minutes according to U-Tube and post on the Forum.....

In the real world I walked back up to the house at 6:06 pm completely worn out with a pulled muscle in myRight shoulder.

Pulling the power cord back into the new female plug, a job best done by Paul Bunyan .....

Have to install New plug onto my short power cord in a week or so..... yep right after shoulder muscle is healed.
DSteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #5849
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Sounds like my experience. The old power inlet must have been caulked with an entire tube of sealant at the factory and took forever to get off the back of the skin, working through the hole from outside...
But, IMHO it’s worth the effort.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #5850
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Sounds like my experience. The old power inlet must have been caulked with an entire tube of sealant at the factory and took forever to get off the back of the skin, working through the hole from outside...
But, IMHO it’s worth the effort.

I am LOL right now as they used two tubes of that gray rubber stuff on mine.... had to get a long screwdriver to break the back plate up and then about 30 mins of cutting and pulling and prying, but at last had a hole big enough and pulled out enough Romex to hook up the new plug....the fun really started on the female side of the plug..... oh my, if all things in life were that tight I would die a happy man. Huh, can I say that on the forum.....
Sure am glad to know that some one else didn’t finish the job in 15 mins.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #5851
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
What Did You Get For Your Trailer Today?

It was at least a couple hours cussing the inlet mess, and getting the plug onto the cable was at least another hour. The strain relief was a real struggle to get it just right on the cable and get the wires the right length so all of it fitted correctly.
Once it’s done, it fits nicely and looks good. Stab it in place to hook up. No cross-threading plastic ring to fuss with in the rain...

I also plan to install another inlet up front so I can easily power the AS from a 3400 watt Champion Dusk fuel inverter generator in the bed of the truck without dragging the cable in the dirt.

Toughest part of that will be finding the right rout for the internal wiring to the power panel and s new transfer switch. My panel is in a box under the aft dinette seat. Not sure how to get there from streetside front end area.going to be another adventure.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:48 PM   #5852
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
It was at least a couple hours cussing the inlet mess, and getting the plug onto the cable was at least another hour. The strain relief was a real struggle to get it just right on the cable and get the wires the right length so all of it fitted correctly.
Once it’s done, it fits nicely and looks good. Stab it in place to hook up. No cross-threading plastic ring to fuss with in the rain...

I also plan to install another inlet up front so I can easily power the AS from a 3400 watt Champion Dusk fuel inverter generator in the bed of the truck without dragging the cable in the dirt.

Toughest part of that will be finding the right rout for the internal wiring to the power panel and s new transfer switch. My panel is in a box under the aft dinette seat. Not sure how to get there from streetside front end area.going to be another adventure.

Your right about it being worth it.....did you ever notice the old power socket never came lose in the warm sun of daytime, but would always give trouble in heavy rain or if the wind was blowing 35 mph, or best of time was when temperature dropped below 20 degrees.... Murphy law.

This thing is hooked up until you unhook it.... plain and simple.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:18 PM   #5853
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:

Hi, if you go to my blog, and look at the first four pages, you will see my front generator inlet and how I did it. Also in my design, there is no need for a transfer switch. My generator mounts in the bed of my truck and can be used while driving.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #5854
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
When we did the complete rewiring of our 2015 23D, we installed a new 30 amp power inlet in the front of the trailer as well as a 20 amp power outlet. We installed a proper mechanical relay transfer switch between the two incoming power sources wires and then into a new 30 amp main breaker box. We also wired the Magnum hybrid MSH3012 inverter/converter so we can bypass it if ever necessary. All of this equipment is under the street side dinette seat forward of the furnace and behind the original vertical panel in that storage area. From the furnace to the front edge of the street side wheel well we have the solar system controls and the 300 amp hour lithium battery. All of these parts are behind the original cabinet vertical wall and the bed slide out is still operational. We replaced the factory circuit breaker box with a commercial six circuit box located in the same location as the stock box. All power outlets in the trailer were converted to commercial grade Hubble 20 amp GFI units and all are powered by the Magnum inverter/converter. We also added a power outlet on the rear of the trailer to the left of the rear storage access hatch.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:39 AM   #5855
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Motion LED lights inside the cabinets.
I saw this tip from LoLoHo, and thought I'd give them a try.
OMG, what a great idea! They come on when you open the cabinet and are rechargeable from a USB port. They're magnetic (easy to charge) and mount on a metal strip that has a adhesive tape backing. I mounted them so the light is mostly into the cabinet. Each came with a charger cable which is a mini B, and also fits my TPMS monitor.
Mollysdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #5856
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Manteca , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Motion LED lights inside the cabinets.
I saw this tip from LoLoHo, and thought I'd give them a try.
OMG, what a great idea! They come on when you open the cabinet and are rechargeable from a USB port. They're magnetic (easy to charge) and mount on a metal strip that has a adhesive tape backing. I mounted them so the light is mostly into the cabinet. Each came with a charger cable which is a mini B, and also fits my TPMS monitor.

Sounds perfect for those dark spaces. Have you had them long enough to have to recharge them? How long does the battery charge last between charges (depending on usage/idle of lights)? Thanks!

2016 27 Flying Cloud FB
2005 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4x4, Equal-i-zer Hitch, 4.10 axle ratio.
4riveteers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #5857
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4riveteers View Post
Sounds perfect for those dark spaces. Have you had them long enough to have to recharge them? How long does the battery charge last between charges (depending on usage/idle of lights)? Thanks!

I did these same lights in our over head bins and closets and really like the additional light,can’t wait to be on a trip in January.....
Old 11-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #5858
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Quote:
I had a friend convert the storage areas under the curb side bed from tote bins to full extension drawers.

Attachment 325540
We are planning on doing the same thing in that location and under our sofa in our Globetrotter
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:30 AM   #5859
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
We have these light strips and they are fantastic! The charge lasts a couple of months for us.

Ham Radio Callsign - VA3PGJ
Philip Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #5860
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Got the new Corian sink cover from Coachcraft by McDonald in Columbus,Ga.
don’t you love it when folks take pride in their work.
Really makes a big visual difference.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	329147