Old 01-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #3571
Rivet Master

1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
We have a 50AMP 2015 30" FC. Power cord is heavy and in cold weather does not want to cooperate. So, I bought two pig tails, both fit into the male plug on the trailer side - 50 AMP and one is for 110 and the other is for 30. Therefore, only on those occasions when we feel we must have 50 AMP do I need to wrestle with the cord and now only the much lighter 30 AMP or even better the 110.

Bud
110? Did you mean 20 AMP?

Old 01-26-2016, 04:19 AM   #3572
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Let there be light.....

.......THIS

Bob

ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:34 AM   #3573
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
I purchased 4 of these ADX Motion sensing LED magnetic lights. And put them on the tongue and bumper of our Airstream.....
I read the reviews on that product because I'm looking to do exactly the same thing. Some of the reviews claim that they are specifically not for outdoor use, even though they were advertised as such in the Amazon description. Other reviews cite operational problems due to cheap construction.

I bought a similar product about two months ago - an Innogear battery powered motion sensor light, which looks like a rotatable eyeball that you can aim in many directions. I could scarcely believe how cheap the construction was, and it actually did not work at all - it was dead on arrival.

I'd love to invest in a product like one of these if the quality justified the purchase. If anyone else can recommend a reliable outdoor brand, please post a link. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:06 AM   #3574
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
I keep forgetting to share this. But I've been really happy with this purchase. And I thought it was worth a mention here.

I purchased 4 of these ADX Motion sensing LED magnetic lights. And put them on the tongue and bumper of our Airstream. They act as perimeter lights and have a really good range of motion detection too.

ADX 140 Degree Infrared LED Light

I also recently invested in buying rechargeable batteries for everything. It was an investment, but now everything we have is technically solar powered. I bought Panasonic eneloop pro's.
How long do they stay on when activated by motion?

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:39 AM   #3575
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
I keep forgetting to share this. But I've been really happy with this purchase. And I thought it was worth a mention here.

I purchased 4 of these ADX Motion sensing LED magnetic lights. And put them on the tongue and bumper of our Airstream. They act as perimeter lights and have a really good range of motion detection too.

ADX 140 Degree Infrared LED Light

I also recently invested in buying rechargeable batteries for everything. It was an investment, but now everything we have is technically solar powered. I bought Panasonic eneloop pro's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I read the reviews on that product because I'm looking to do exactly the same thing. Some of the reviews claim that they are specifically not for outdoor use, even though they were advertised as such in the Amazon description. Other reviews cite operational problems due to cheap construction.

I bought a similar product about two months ago - an Innogear battery powered motion sensor light, which looks like a rotatable eyeball that you can aim in many directions. I could scarcely believe how cheap the construction was, and it actually did not work at all - it was dead on arrival.

I'd love to invest in a product like one of these if the quality justified the purchase. If anyone else can recommend a reliable outdoor brand, please post a link. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
How long do they stay on when activated by motion?

IB,

Same experience here....cheep & un-reliable.

Bought 6 for the Stereo cabinet.

3 of the six purchased did not work properly right out of the box.
They were replaced and one out of the three was defective.

Also noticed that on the ones that do work, when the batt's get .5v low they just blink constantly, still bright but blinky...

IMHO...if you want motion sensors, get ones that also have a on/off switch.
I ended up with THESE.

Chief.....about 30s.

Bob

Old 01-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #3576
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Bob, those look pretty good, thank you.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #3577
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
All of mine worked on arrival. But I read the reviews too, most are positive a few are troublesome. Spending $29 per light isn't really worth it to me, when I can send things back to Amazon for free. (we have PRIME)

The build quality is about the same as say the plastic used on a smoke detector. I wouldn't leave the out in the rain. But I got them on the 5th and it's the 26th now and no problems yet. \_(ツ)_/

They stay on for about 30 seconds. They'll stay on longer if you are moving in front of them the whole time.

But now that I have these, I started thinking about these: http://www.amazon.com/Litom-Sensor-P...XNND278ZMTP1AY

But the angles are wrong I think.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:18 AM   #3578
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Bob, those look pretty good, thank you.
They do work pretty well, but they do have some of the quirks of motion sensor lights. They blink at random when the batts get slightly low, and if the sensor is left on, they seem to drain a bit quicker.

They are nice when they work properly though.

One good use for one of the original round lights that still works as it's supposed too, is above our turntable. It lights when you reach in to change a record but stays off when a record is playing.

Bob

Old 01-27-2016, 06:00 AM   #3579
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Montreal , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
They do work pretty well, but they do have some of the quirks of motion sensor lights. They blink at random when the batts get slightly low, and if the sensor is left on, they seem to drain a bit quicker.

They are nice when they work properly though.

One good use for one of the original round lights that still works as it's supposed too, is above our turntable. It lights when you reach in to change a record but stays off when a record is playing.

Bob
Is that and old Beogram 4000? I love those tangential turntable. I still have a Revox B790 paired with a Quad 33 pre amp and 405 amp.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #3580
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa smurf View Post
Is that and old Beogram 4000? I love those tangential turntable. I still have a Revox B790 paired with a Quad 33 pre amp and 405 amp.
1979 Beogram 4004 with a Soundsmith Cartridge, SMMC20CL+....

Bob

Old 01-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #3581
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I just ordered 6 on Amazon Prime; will see.

mike 27937 AF/WBCCI
Old 01-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #3582
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB International
Carlsbad , California
PD 4655 for Saturday install...
Old 01-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #3583
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I really want to post up about my composting toilet But it won't be here till Friday. I don't think I've been so excited about pooping before. LOL
Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #3584
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
I really want to post up about my composting toilet But it won't be here till Friday. I don't think I've been so excited about pooping before. LOL

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airstream.nerds.7
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote