Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #3109
4 Rivet Member

Rockingham , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Two Kermit chairs with leg extensions, drink holders, and "Casa Rocinante" script embroidered on each. Sweet!

Nice. We bought some Kermit chairs years ago for yearly remote trips rafting in Alaska. They still look brand new. No more disposable folding chairs for us

"The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask."

- Nancy Newhall
Danattherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:52 PM   #3110
Storm Master

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
Thanks for the education on 4/3rds cameras. I favor point and shoot rugged cameras myself and the wife likes her giant DSLR's. I just got my Olympus rugged TG-4 before our last trip. So I guess it was something for the Airstream because I take more pictures of the Airstream in different places than any thing else. I will relay all your great info and see if she wants to down size to the 4/3rds format. It would make it easier on me because I always have to carry her giant camera gear bag everywhere. Thanks.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #3111
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampman View Post
Thanks for the education on 4/3rds cameras. I favor point and shoot rugged cameras myself and the wife likes her giant DSLR's. I just got my Olympus rugged TG-4 before our last trip. So I guess it was something for the Airstream because I take more pictures of the Airstream in different places than any thing else. I will relay all your great info and see if she wants to down size to the 4/3rds format. It would make it easier on me because I always have to carry her giant camera gear bag everywhere. Thanks.
Funny... lately I seem to be using my cameras more for Airstream photos than anything else, also!

You would LOVE carrying m4/3 camera gear for the wife vs. DSLR gear. I must say, the future IS mirrorless. DSLRs are big, heavy dinosaurs for all BUT some pros who require them, these days and those days ARE numbered.

Coming from a life long-career as a full-time commercial photographer, I couldn't be more thrilled with the advantages and performance of m4/3 system gear.

I hope the post may be helpful to someone.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #3112
Storm Master

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
Great info! We are still working and treat all of our travels as vacation trips and have to take a gazillion pictures. When we pack the Airstream up for the road, camera gear is a high priority item. Can't leave home without em. Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #3113
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampman View Post
Great info! We are still working and treat all of our travels as vacation trips and have to take a gazillion pictures. When we pack the Airstream up for the road, camera gear is a high priority item. Can't leave home without em. Thanks again.
You're welcome, friend. Camera gear is a BIG deal to me too, STILL... especially while traveling and, even in my retirement.

I guess, once a hard-core photographer, always a hard-core photographer!

I'll be doing whatever I can to capture the best images that I can, as long as I can.

Pass along to the wife, please, DON'T underestimate the post-processing aspect (computer editing). Ansel Adams did NOT skimp on emphasizing "darkroom" skills and today, we can't skimp on emphasizing our "Lightroom" skills! It makes ALL the difference and just like in Ansel's age, is more FAR important than whatever camera model you decide to buy! The camera only captures the basic elements. It is up to the skilled image maker to "develop" those basic image elements into something magnificent. The camera is just a basic tool. The PHOTOGRAPHER is what makes all the difference... in his/her choice of gear, image-making decisions, and post-processing development & printing skills.

You can buy the best scalpel on the market... but does that make you a great surgeon?

You can buy an amazing array of kitchen gear, but does that make you a great cook?

At the end of a magnificent meal, a guest once asked his hostess... "that dinner was one of the finest I have ever eaten!... what kind of stove do you use???"
Old 08-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #3114
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
South Western , Pennsylvania
Dhart,
Thankyou so much for taking the time to provide such an in depth answer to my question. I did not know about the 4/3 cameras and will definitely do more research.

To the gentleman's reply about keeping ON Topic: Really!! I thought the photos that Dhart posted where excellent and wanted to know what equipment he used and yes they would enhanance my Airsteam experience!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #3115
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivLoveLaugh View Post
Dhart,
Thankyou so much for taking the time to provide such an in depth answer to my question. I did not know about the 4/3 cameras and will definitely do more research.

To the gentleman's reply about keeping ON Topic: Really!! I thought the photos that Dhart posted where excellent and wanted to know what equipment he used and yes they would enhanance my Airsteam experience!

Agree with you, but it is the OP's thread and his request should be respected.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #3116
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Question Does anyone else......

.......find it interesting that the OP's listed trailer is a 310.

I didn't get anything for my trailer today....this post, is it allowed?

Bob
Old 08-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #3117
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Homosassa , Florida
Installed A New 310 toilet and fixed the sliding door again. And a 50 amp 15' RV cord.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #3118
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Zip Dee awning claw spacers came in the mail!
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #3119
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
We can take the camera discussion over here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ml#post1672155

Thank you.

Moderators: if you wish to delete my contribution above, please do so. Thank you. And, my apologies for not immediately starting a new thread to reply to the question.

(From a non moderator):

Don't worry about it, it was a minor excursion of much more value than many of the on topic posts already present here. We are of course all tolerant. However apparently some are just more so than others. It is far from the first time that this thread has taken a small diversion to answer questions about the things mentioned.

Thanks for starting the new thread, I will subscribe to it. Your explanation of the importance of after shooting processing was very enlightening to me.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #3120
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Thanks, Ken. It seems to have been useful info to several others, as well. Most of us (one partner of most couples, at least) seem to have more than a passing interest in photography, especially as it relates to traveling with our Airstreams! I felt the posts weren't far off topic and a number of others agree.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #3121
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
New camera?

Hi, my camera still works pretty good, but has been acting up. First it was electrical; Switches not doing what they are supposed to do, and now working right. Now spots in zoomed pictures; water spots from moisture or Sun spots in camera sensor? Very hard to see what you are taking a picture of and most all new cameras don't have a view finder. I will be looking for something, but it has to be pocket sized and super zoomed for me.

What was the topic about?

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #3122
Storm Master

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
I'm adding this topic to my participation thread list to stay up with all the great photography education on gear and things. Learning a bunch so far. Thanks.