Old 08-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #1653
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
What did you get for your Trailer today?

Fantastic fan-branded vent covers (smoke color) with bug screens. Given we already have Fantastic fans, choosing this brand seemed to make the most sense. The dealer mentioned afterward, "Hey, that's pretty cool. By matching the brand of the vent cover to the vent, you made it easy for us to mount the cover without drilling any more holes." He's been selling the Max Air vent covers to his customers...maybe now he'll carry both and recommend the FF brand to those who already have FF vents.

Oh, and we had them install switches so we can turn off the Voyager camera and the TST TPMS repeater while boondocking with the main battery switch in the "use" position. Note to anyone else who installs either of those items: Put the switches in when you install them, it's a lot cheaper that way. They actually did a really nice job, putting in standard AS rocker switches. They look real nice - just need to label them so others who come along will know what they are for.

We also got a bunch of small but annoying warranty items addressed, though they failed to address the last issue - our CATV / TV antenna port leaks water. Every time I open that port after the trailer has been in the rain, water drools out. When I opened the port in front of him after he said the problem had been fixed...you guessed it, water drooled out. So it's good that he witnessed the problem, bad that they hadn't fixed it yet. Current theory is that the port itself is poorly seated against the skin of the trailer and water leaks in. I hope they are right, because otherwise water's getting in somewhere else and coming out there!

To give them an early kudo, it looks like they may have finally resolved the issue of our front storage compartment door not fitting right and sometimes letting water in. It feels like a really tight seal now when I close the door. Here's hoping! We'll know more the next time after dark when I turn on the storage compartment light and close the door, and then even more after driving through our next downpour.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #1654
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . just ordered a complete set of LED bulbs for the interior. Mine has 15 puck lights in the ceiling ! & 10 bulbs in under cabinet & bath light pancake-type fixtures. Bought from M4 Products. queried Steve about dimmers p o had installed, & tried his recommendation. They work fine. Also purchased Oxygenics shower thingee. . . getting ready to roll regards, Craig

Old 08-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #1655
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Leaf Blower, used to have a nice clean pad. I have seen several people with them.
You can also use the leaf blower as a 'Air'dryer when you give the Airstream a wash. Saves a lot of soggy towels.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #1656
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
Not today, but accumulated over the last few weeks: A Vornado flip-down fan to help cool "her" corner in our rear twin-bed FC; set of the new Andersen levelers, haven't tried them yet; and another set of Camco plastic chocks, very handy and easy to store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140823_142305_590.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	219609   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140823_142423_133.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	219610  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140823_142514_133.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	219611  
Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #1657
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Hi Silver moon:

Just wondering if you could post a picture of your unit with the smoke vent covers installed. I was talking to my dealer in Seattle last week about this very thing and I'm still waiting for him to get back to me with a price.

I also just put in a switch for my TPMS system - but I did it the easy way and just mounted a pull switch on the edge of my battery box.

Hope you can get the image as I'm interested in how they look

Thanks

Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvery Moon View Post
Fantastic fan-branded vent covers (smoke color) with bug screens. Given we already have Fantastic fans, choosing this brand seemed to make the most sense. The dealer mentioned afterward, "Hey, that's pretty cool. By matching the brand of the vent cover to the vent, you made it easy for us to mount the cover without drilling any more holes." He's been selling the Max Air vent covers to his customers...maybe now he'll carry both and recommend the FF brand to those who already have FF vents.

Oh, and we had them install switches so we can turn off the Voyager camera and the TST TPMS repeater while boondocking with the main battery switch in the "use" position. Note to anyone else who installs either of those items: Put the switches in when you install them, it's a lot cheaper that way. They actually did a really nice job, putting in standard AS rocker switches. They look real nice - just need to label them so others who come along will know what they are for.

We also got a bunch of small but annoying warranty items addressed, though they failed to address the last issue - our CATV / TV antenna port leaks water. Every time I open that port after the trailer has been in the rain, water drools out. When I opened the port in front of him after he said the problem had been fixed...you guessed it, water drooled out. So it's good that he witnessed the problem, bad that they hadn't fixed it yet. Current theory is that the port itself is poorly seated against the skin of the trailer and water leaks in. I hope they are right, because otherwise water's getting in somewhere else and coming out there!

To give them an early kudo, it looks like they may have finally resolved the issue of our front storage compartment door not fitting right and sometimes letting water in. It feels like a really tight seal now when I close the door. Here's hoping! We'll know more the next time after dark when I turn on the storage compartment light and close the door, and then even more after driving through our next downpour.

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #1658
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I bought 2 of the Camco chocks. The black twist knob broke off one of them. I didn't realize I was that strong. I will try X-chocks next.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #1659
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I bought 2 of the Camco chocks. The black twist knob broke off one of them. I didn't realize I was that strong. I will try X-chocks next.
try these, you will like them:
Fastway ONEstep Tandem Axle Wheel Chock - Progress 84-00-4000 - Chocks & Levelers - Camping World
Attached Images

AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #1660
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
I'll bet Camco would replace it. Haven't had any issues with mine; that's why I bought another set after having the first set for about a year or so.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #1661
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH-Airstreamer View Post
I got one of those a few weeks ago. I had noticed while sitting outside the trailer while DW was walking in the trailer that despite standard chocks behind one wheel and in front of another, the trailer moved forward and backward with her steps. I had always wondered why the trailer felt like it was moving/bouncing even when the stabilizers were down. After seeing that motion I tried these and really like them! Very easy one time set up process and simple apply/remove process. Very happy with this!!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #1662
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edistobob View Post
Not today, but accumulated over the last few weeks: A Vornado flip-down fan to help cool "her" corner in our rear twin-bed FC; set of the new Andersen levelers, haven't tried them yet; and another set of Camco plastic chocks, very handy and easy to store.
We got those Andersen levelers a while ago and finally had a chance to use them a few weeks ago. What a great invention! Perfect leveling without any guesswork. We are very happy with ours - I wish more sites were unlevel! :-)
Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 AM   #1663
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Maybe Camco would replace it, but I want something better/stronger/more durable. I might put the redneck tech on the broken one- weld a gate valve handle or a nut to use a socket and ratchet handle on the end of the threaded rod where the black plastic knob was- that ain't gonna break-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #1664
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
. . . I might put the redneck tech on the broken one-. . .
Hmmm, I'm familiar with that technique. Pretty often it works very well .
Old 08-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #1665
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . replacing all 31 bulbs in the FC28 with LEDs. . . those ceiling pucks are a pita !. . regards, Craig
Old 08-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #1666
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
Reservations for the week of Thanksgiving. Palmetto TX State park