Old 05-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
We're Having A Heat Wave

Hi, I am not enjoying my first heatwave with Eire Stream. I am parked in driveway, I have a fantastic fan, and a vent, an egress window, side window and big front one. At this time of year I am home during the week and out on weekends, while it is above 95* what should I do, leave a window open a bit, a vent open(although a pop up storm could soak my bed) leave fan on...I just figure leaving everything closed up could make AS too hot inside. Need direction. Thanks.

2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Here's the good news......
You live in a state that has humidity ! Not like some of us that live in super dry heat (Nevada). If you don't have a lot of dust flying around and super windy days, crack open one of the windows and you'll be ok. My first year in Nevada (N Las Vegas) I went to visit my AS and low and behold the bathroom walls and shower stall door were all apart due to the heat and dry hot air !. Now I put a couple of gallons of water inside to have a bit of moisture.

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
I leave several (4-5) windows slightly open (1/2" or so) all summer so there is some cross venting. I leave the toilet vent open with the fan off when the temperature is above freezing spring, summer, and fall, so there is some chimney effect venting. This seems to be adequate ventilation. Dust and pollen is a problem in spring. We have high 90's in the afternoon with 90%+ humidity for most of the summer.

I have been using a thermometer in the trailer for the last several years that shows the high and low for the previous 24 hour period. So far this year my interior has only gotten up into the high 90's when it in the high 80's outside. July and August it will get above 100 inside. The trailer is in direct sun except for the last 3 hours of daylight it is shaded by trees. My storage spot is in my backyard.

If I'm going to be in the trailer I turn on the Fantastic Vent fans to cool the trailer down, both blowing outward. One fan is directly over my bed and one is between the galley and living area. They have operated flawlessly for years. Even if there is a heavy rain shower, no more than a few drops ever get inside before the lids close automatically.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Ok, on it, will check bathroom vent. I was. Just surprised that I really do not have a lot of windows that open. My prevous rv had windows on all fours sides that opened and my fan had a cover so I could leave it open.....and last weekend we were in snow showers thank you.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote