Old 08-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

We're back from Colorado!

Tom and I pulled the Bambi all the way to Colorado (from KY) and back without a single problem! With all our new hitch set-up, Bambi pulled like a dream the whole way (about 2,400 miles total). We're starting to get more confident now, which makes it more fun, of course.

One thing I wanted to ask... When we returned home, I was cleaning and emptying our stuff out of the camper and realized the medicine cabinet has pulled away from the wall. It isn't hanging down or anything, but is definitely pulled away and needs to be reattached. I don't see any screws or bolts. Are they just glued on from the back? Is there some way to access the back of the cabinet easily? Is this a job for a dealer, and does it have to be an AS dealer? Any advice is appreciated.

Cherie

Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bay city , Michigan
from the back

the medicine cabinet might be screwed in from the back side of the interior skin, i have found a few things like this in my 2000 excella. if this is the case the skin actually has to be removed in order to get to the screws. I was floored the first time i run across this. it appears that they mount things to the skin and then rivet it in place. my vote Dealer issue.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Sounds like another job for OLYMPIC RIVET

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Hey Cherie, Sounds like you had a successful trip to Colorado...Did you get caught in any of those electrical storms?...I was there mid July for a wedding in Basalt( north of Aspen)...saw a cute little Bambi in a parking lot there by the Best Western..perhaps it was yours...
Old 08-06-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Probably not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerbunny
Hey Cherie, Sounds like you had a successful trip to Colorado...Did you get caught in any of those electrical storms?...I was there mid July for a wedding in Basalt( north of Aspen)...saw a cute little Bambi in a parking lot there by the Best Western..perhaps it was yours...

Yes, we did have a great trip, and we did see some serious lightening on the horizon when we were a couple hours East of Colorado Springs. Fortunately, we didn't have to drive in any of it. I doubt we were the ones you saw, since we made a straight shot from West Kansas City to Fountain CO on 7/19, then returned the same way on 7/26.

We saw the wildest Avion conversion ever on our way through Kansas. There was a pick-up truck with the shell of an old Avion cut and welded to form a truck camper on the back! I tried to take a picture but my stupid camera was too low on battery, and it didnt work. I was so disappointed, because that was one strange-looking vehicle and I wanted to show you all. Oh well....

Cherie