Old 10-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
Well folks, I pulled the trigger

I finally did it. I just gave the dealer a deposit for my first Airstream. I ended up purchasing the 25' International CCD and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am.

The dealer that I bought it from actually had two on order. Fortunately, the two were not sold, so he was able to change a few things and I should see my trailer by mid December.

I have to admit that I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time, but I really think that there are going to be a whole lot of new adventures for me in the future ahead.

Thank you so much to all of you answered many of my questions. I was able to learn so much more from you than any salesman who I have ever spoken to.

This forum has been a wonderful resource and I appreciate it.

Thanks Again!

joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
Congratulations!! And living in Arizona you will be able to use it immediately.

Jerry Sullivan
'01 Limited
'01 Safari
On The Road, USA
gwsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
Which Dealership did you choose?
csimingt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:48 PM   #4
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois

First, congrats!!

If I read you right, you ordered this coach? If so, and it's being built, Jack Canavera and I also have two being built to order. We are trying to keep track of the quality control issues.

If your unit was in fact a build to order unit, then I'd really apprec it if when you got your coach, that you might compare notes with Jack and myself. We are trying to assess if the quality control Airstream has been talking about is starting to make it to the coaches coming off the line.

Please contact me via PM.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
Silvertwinkie, and Josh,
" being built to order"... please forgive the newbie question, but just how much say do you have in a build to order unit? Luke

also, pre-congrats to you both!
luke warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
Joshua ,

Congratulations on ordering your 25' CCD. Hope you recieve it asap .

We are picking up our new 22" safari next week, ours was a special order also. Picking it up in Manteca Ca. .

Good traveling and a short wait.
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 02:53 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member
I ended up purchasing my travel trailer from Tocano RV in Los Banos.

Due to the fact that my unit is being made specifically for me, I made a point to the dealer how important the PDI process was to me.

I have to admit that after doing a lot of reading and seeing the quality complaints from a lot of the other forum members, I was scared. I was afraid that if I couldn't physically see and touch the trailer before it came in, I could get a piece of junk and then be stuck with it.

I decided to trust the Airstream quality and have a thorough PDI done when it arrives. After that, I plan on using the travel trailer immediately and making sure that everything is working correctly. As long as I find all of those things with 2 years, I'll be fine.

Regarding price, if you would like to contact me privately, I would be happy to tell you how the deal went.

I am very excited and cant wait till it comes in!
joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
Currently Looking...
Wichita Falls , Texas
Hi joshua32064. I'm about ready to pull the trigger as well. I would love your advice before I do and of course I would love to have the price you paid.
Is the 25' CCD the best trailer? What does CCD stand for?
David D
Wichita Falls, Tx

David D is offline   Reply With Quote