Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
not so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlassie
Ron,
Wish I was close enough to bring over dinner for ya. Hang in there.
You have an a/s....you could roll it out behind the Overlander and make me breakfast lunch and dinner....Distance is NOT an excuse....LOL

My investor aunt sent a nice email regarding this issue, with a nice little...So when IS the Overlander going to be done so we can sell it on Ebay???

What part of THEY TOOK EVERY DIME I OWN don't you understand?????

Sorry, had to vent.

Ron

Old 05-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #30
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Your aunt sounds like a gem. See how lucky you are?

Keep smilin', Ron, we need your spirit and sense of humor around here!

X

Old 05-08-2004, 08:43 AM   #31
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
[QUOTE=jaco
I have tried at 3 different banks that I do business with to aquire a credit card with only a 300 dollar limit. No way they will do that for me. The least I have been offered is 1850.00 line of credit.
I only want the low-ball to use on line. I figure if I get scammed it can only do some SOB 300.00 worth. Of course the banks don't agree. I think I was offered a 350 dollar card when I was a Freshman in college, no credit history and no job. I didn't take it but often wished I had.
[/QUOTE]

Why not get a prepaid MasterCard? There is only as much on it as you put on it.
I have one I use for online transactions, if the bad guys get hold of it the absolute worst is they get whatever is left on the card after your last purchase.
Terry
Old 05-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Why not get a prepaid MasterCard? There is only as much on it as you put on it.
I have one I use for online transactions, if the bad guys get hold of it the absolute worst is they get whatever is left on the card after your last purchase.
Terry
Thanks Terry I never heard of such a thing. None of the banks mentioned it either, and I jawboned two of em quite a while. I get hundreds of credit card offers but I just rip em open check the rate and trash em.
I use CC for almost all transactions, only write about 12 checks a month now. Of course three to the CC folks. Pay all in full each month and avoid the charges. I would not have a debit card and have had to scold banks for issueing me them several times. I also won't write a check where they scan it and hand it back to me. I am no fan of electronic banking.

I'll look into the prepaid cards asap.

Now give me an idea of the cost of a 300 or 500 dollar prepaid. Obviously they have to make something, or do they just deduct it from the seller when I use the thing? Does Visa and AmEx and Discover do the same?

What ever happened to Carte Blanche card I wonder?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:09 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco

What ever happened to Carte Blanche I wonder?

You know, I heard she died.....what a shame....LOL
Old 05-08-2004, 10:33 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

RIP Blanche,

I guess I should have known. Its a wonder she lived as long as she did, what with all the things she did on that cart she pushed. Always wondered why she didn't just get an Airstream like Xaviera Overlander or at least a Painted Wagon like Jean Seberg nee Elizabeth.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Ron, The spirit is willing... the AS could roll but afraid I wouldn't make it to Ohio. Lassie is AWIP (a work in progress) with a few more months of intense work before she sees the asphalt. If Luke our dog had his way he would pull it ... afterall Wally pulled one with a bicycle right? The beauty of our Airstreams is that they will be waiting...till we get the money to fix them. Silly but I bought a vent cover that was expensive for us to celebrate the day we bought her...seem to be doing that a lot lately. I am graduating from college this week and I am already planning on how I am going to spend my gift money on the AS. Guess I'm hooked. Enjoy looking at all your pics and the cool things you are doing with your AS(s). Saving an Airstream is a good days work. Better days ahead.

Mindy WBCCI #5672
silverlassie is offline   Reply With Quote