Old 04-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I think you will find P&S very Friendly,they were to me. If they have anything You can be fairly well assured that it will be in the best condition possible, they don't cut corners.
I will keep my eyes open here local for ya.

Roger & MaryLou
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #30
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Ever consider coming to Canada to buy?

Your US dollars are worth a lot more than our Canadian ones, and one of Canada's best AS dealers is near to you in SE Michigan. 2 hours and 18 minutes from Flint, for example. You are closer to them than I am!

Can-Am RV Centre is in London, Ontario. Have a look at this one, for example. C$26,000 and "make offer". That's a LOT of trailer for that kind of money!

Andrew_T, their president, is an Airforum member and really knows his stuff. I bet they'd make it simple to get it back home for you.

And no, I have no affiliation with them, none at all.

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Good Evening AS friends!
Roger - thanks for keeping your eyes and ears open for me!

Aage - of course we'd go to Canada for the 'perfect' unit! Had a nice PM exchange with Andrew and if they had the one for us we'd be happy to work with him. They even to the import to Port Huron. I guess I'm officially looking internationally for our AS
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #32
Rivet Master
1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Originally Posted by hanlon View Post
Jim, I know you really like CC in Buda, TX, but I will never set foot on that lot again! I went there on my one day off and asked for Mr. Kiminski; was told he wasn't available. A salesman recently moved from Orange County, CA showed me several ASs; smaller models. He had NO ASs on lot - and said he never got any- older than '08s. The least expensive AS he showed me was 39K plus tax, and when I asked him if he ever had any used or lesser expensive ones, he replied, "you don't need an AS, you need one over there", pointing at an ugly box, and excused himself. I'm sorry, but AS dealers will never see me again, especially this one! Color me insulted and disgusted.
Hanlon - Like "bad hair days", you just got a sales person who wasn't lucky the night before . Call & ask for Tom Kaminski ~ make an appointment. He's a great guy, VERY AS knowledgeable & friendly, but not "pushy" at all. They have quite a few AS on the lot, mostly the smaller, now more popular models. But they did have a few larger trailers as of last week, including a gorgeous 27' FB Classic. I don't know the age of their AS stock. But they are a volume dealer of Airstreams, so I'd imagine they carry current year stock.

If anyone has ANY problems with a sales person at Camper Clinic in Buda - please PM me. That is something I can look into quite easily.
I can tell you they won't put up with snotty or uncooperative sales people. Again, Tom Kaminski is the one to talk to.
The usual disclaimer - I have NOTHING to do with Camper Clinic and don't profit in any way from any referral I may make.

I love that old time rock & roll.
whitsend is offline   Reply With Quote