Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Coquitlam , Beautiful BC
Washington state vintage A/S repair shop??

I am need of a couple last major repair/install things.None of them are urgently pressing,but I would like to take care of them before Spring is in full bloom.There is a local Airstream dealer about 45 minutes away(Langley,BC)but I have not always been happy with their work and do not trust that they are capable to perform one of the repairs(rear end seperation)I need fixed.

I had a good referral to Spencer's RV in Portland,Oregon,but unfortunately the two gentlemen who were recommended have retired and they are unable to help me.I see there is an A/S dealership in Fife,WA,but I don't know what their reputation is like.

If anyone can refer me to a shop experienced in repairing vintage Airsteams in Washington state(or Oregon),I would really appreciate it.I don't mind driving the trailer 5 or so hours somewhere if it will mean getting it done right.

Thanks!
Charcigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via ICQ to xtrm69 Send a message via Yahoo to xtrm69
Hi CharCigar:

I have a thread on Wa state area airstream repair here somewhere. I believe is AllRVRepair.com
http://www.allrvrepair.com/
Its in Maryville Wa.
What type of cigars you like? Just smoking a Hoyo De Monterrey Maduro now. (Non- Cuban)
xtrm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:53 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Coquitlam , Beautiful BC
Thanks for that link.I will call them later today to discuss my needs.They would be less than a 2 hour drive from here.Have you used them yourself?If so,would you recommend their work?I would just feel better going someplace that gets good reviews!

Regarding cigars...I like a lot of different kinds.A friend just got back from Cuba with a nice bounty for me,so last night's selection was a Diplomaticos #2.Quite lovely.I enjoy the non-Cuban HdM line very much.My favorite is their Excalibur in maduro.Are you a regular cigar smoker?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:37 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Cool

Hi CharCigar:

I havent used rvrepair.com yet, i just called for a floor estimate. I beleive thats the closest one to me that does airstream repair.
As for cigars, yea, I smoke 1 cigar a day or so. It has become a hobby now lol. Havent had a real Cuban yet, hopefully one of these days.
The wife and I drove down thru Canada from Alaska. Was a great drive, nice country side there. Drove from Skagway Ak. over to Fort Nelson and down to Prince George. From there on down towards Vancouver. Frasier Gouge was great!! Wouldnt want to drive that road in slippery icy conditions though lol. On our drive back up to AK, we drove to Prince Rupert and took the ferry up to Juneau Ak. All in all, it was a great trip.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

cigars

My sister is taking a trip to the Dominican Republic next week and has promised me a goody bag I cant wait, love them Cohibas
paul k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:01 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Coquitlam , Beautiful BC
Paul K.....a friendly word of warning,the Dominican Republic is just about the WORST place in the Caribbean to buy Cubans.99% of the supposed Cuban cigars sold there are total FAKES.There used to a be a La Casa del Habano,that sold authentic Cubans,but I understand it is no longer open.You are better off buying some good Dominican smokes there instead.I'd hate to see you get taken.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:43 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Hi CharCigar:

Did you manage to get ahold of the airstream dealer??
Old 02-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Coquitlam , Beautiful BC
Yes I did.Unfortunately,they are not familiar with the frame seperation issue.I think I have resigned myself to taking it to my local Airstream dealer for that specific repair after all.

Thanks for the referral...and btw,if you would like to try a Cuban or two,shoot me an e-mail and I'll send ya a care package.

stogie@shaw.ca