Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
... , ...
Crowd? What Crowd?

You can be anywhere you want to be . . . and there are a places neither you, or anyone else want to be!!

(Picture not showing - oh well, use your imagination . . .)
GetOutDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Afton , Virginia
Maybe you should rent a motor home for a shakedown cruise before you decide one way or the other. While I lived in Europe we rented a small motorhome and drove to Sweden. That trip made it easy for us to buy a VW camper and we have never looked back. That was in 1970. A week rental is not all that expensive. And you can then concentate on which kind of camping you want to do. I prefer to find the free camps that don't have amenities for a couple of days, then take one night at a full facility to do the laundry, watch TV, etc.
Don't give up!
regards
herrgirdner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Dock'n In The Dacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS
Come to N.Y.<> We have the largest State Park in the Country!!!!!

If you don't know where your going<> Any road will take you there.
This is N.Y.<><>where are all the people??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STREAM'N%20IN%20THE%20ADIRONDACKS%201.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	43174  
Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
I'll chime in, too, even though I'm not on that end of the country...we much prefer pubic parks & campgronds (county, state, and federal) to commercial RV Paks...the public places give you more elbow room because their bottom line is not making $$...the commercial ones try to cram as many spaces as humanly possible into their park, and that makes for cramped quarters. We have done both...but have had the best times with the public situations. We haven't boondocked a lot, but we are edging in that direction little by little, now that we've got our feet wet and feel more comfortable with what we are doing (after 3 years of RVing...just 5 months with the AS, however...before that it was an SOB)...even if you don't want to boondock, many of the state parks have at least partial hookups.

Good luck and we hope you give it a whirl!...TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
levi 2
I think u have had a knee-jerk reaction to the opionions of others. I know there are lots of quiet places in these United States. Although we still dont own one ,at least not this yr,we will not give up our dream of owning an Airstream and traveling to see friends and family across the US.
Don't give up so easily Try it and U deceide Dont let other deciede for U.
Lot Of Luck
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #46
1 Rivet Member

Asheville , North Carolina
Thanks for the nice, sweet, encouraging replies........

We'll be at the N Ga Fairgrounds for the Fallalluminum Rally @ site 48(around 5:00 ) Obviously things aren't near as "bad" as I was thinking, even if I don't want to go within 200 miles of Disneyland . Open, uncrowded places are of my tastes, & Big Bend State Part in Texas is definitely on my list .
We'll see what happens, & I'll keep everyone posted as to what purchase I may make. Thanks again.

levi
levi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Smith lake , Alabama
Big Bend is awesome, we went last april and there were no crowds. One of the campgrounds there, had maybe 5 rv's, it was nice and quiet. We got our airstream last feb, i would never go back to sleeping in hotels again, to many bed bugs. hehe
mrchinup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
colorado springs , Colorado
I gotta agree with comments on hotels.
Especially when CSI first hit the air, and they liked to shine the black lights around a hotel room to show all of the -ahem- biological spillage around the room.
Sure its hollywood, and maybe the exagerated it a little, but I prefer to take my own bed sheets thank you.
Along with my own pillow, comforter, bed, toilet seat, toilet, TP, shower, coffee maker- you get the idea.

Theres a nice varitety of campsites out there. Unfortunalty the current fad with privatly run places is to bulldoze the site to stack as many 50' busses in as possible, because that's where the money is.
But, as many have stated, there's plenty of federal, state, county & municipal campgrounds out there. Along with many private places that still "get it". Finding these gems is half the fun.