Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Wall Street Journel

Accountant is using an Airstream as an office ... cost 2,500,
spent 22K Gutting and remodeling.... says it helps her customer "relax" after a bad year.

Nice! Did anyony else see that article? Section c page six I think..

DMC
airstreamcaravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:49 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
Yes, I saw that and read it with interest.......

Another interesting thing happened to me today. I am down in Melbourne, Florida, on business. As many of you know, there is a huge Airstream park located near the Melbourne Airport. I bought my trailer from an old fellow who lived here for several years. I usually drive through to see what else is for sale - always looking for another great deal for friends or someone. I noticed a fellow sitting on the porch of his '72 Sovereign, which he had completely gutted. Turns out it was Jason Reed from London, England. He finds good deals, restores them and ships them to England. I believe he said he is working on his 8th trailer. You have probably seen Jason's posts in this forum. Small world; a very fine fellow; and fun to find a European friend, fancier of Airstream trailers, and another Forum member.
joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Another Austinite!!

The woman (who is from Austin) who owns the A/S was in the Austin American Statesman today, our local daily paper. Doesn't really get into much detail other than the purchase price of $2 grand and supposedly a $22,000 dollar renovation. Crazy huh? Just sits beside her house and she probably didn't even have to change the axles! From what I can tell in the picture it is pretty much gutted, has the old jalousie windows, guess it is a early 60's model?

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote