Old 04-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Let them do it. If you have the need to fix things I'm sure lots of folk will let you play with their stuff.

Old 04-24-2004, 01:47 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
2nf F/F

X, We had a 2nd one (by the bathroom) put in our 22' CCD by the dealer. I'd recommend you do that in case some warranty thing occurs in the future. Our dealer called us yesterday afternoon to let us know our 04 25' had arrived. We're picking it up next weekend after they put the solar panels on. Very smart of you to burn in the furnace. That was one of the few complaints we had with ours (of course we were total newbies to trailering last year). Did it actually come from the factory with propane in the tanks?
Enjoy,
Ken

Old 04-28-2004, 06:09 PM   #31
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
New upholstery to replace the "Hazard Orange"

A couple of updates:

1) the Fantastic Fan will be installed by the New Mexico dealer (Holiday Travel Trailers). They are glad to assist and were most gracious when I talked to them.

2) We've decided to get rid of the "life raft orange" seats in our CCD and are having them upholstered with this fabric. We thought it was a bit more organic while using the color scheme of the existing surfaces. Frankly, we like it much better than "Hazard Orange" on the dining seats. This one warms up the interior quite a bit without distracting from the modern styling, in our humble opinions. Should be finished next week. I'll post a completed pic when done.

Here's the new pattern (top) and the original fabric (bottom).

X
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2004, 06:48 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydc
Hope your trailer is as sweet as mine. I have not had a minute of remorse, only elation! Airstream outs out a fine product!
Absolutely DITTO!!!

X, definitely check those wheel lugs with a torque wrench after each stop. I have made three trips for a total of about 100 miles and MOST of my lugs were not torqued after checking three different times. Can not imagine the horror for someone who is not checking those lugs after delivery. I picture a wheel spinning by on the highway...

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:57 PM   #33

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Thanks Dee, will do! Appreciate the feedback very much.

X
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

Hiya Xray,
I have been at a rally so I missed the big arrival. Just saw the posts today. With each post the anticipation mounted. First the storm, then the traffic jam... I was wondering what else. I am sure you were on pins and needles.
When we bought our 96 Excella.... we felt the same way. Wondering if we were making the biggest mistake of our lives. We already had a vintage tradewinds. Once we made the decision and got the excella home. We both realized we had done a very right thing.
We have taken just a few trips to florida and up to helen. in two weeks we embark on our big trip. To pagosa and beyond. We know our stay will be in comfort -- that means alot.
Now i am just blabbering... congrats on your ccd. We hope there many happy trails ahead for you and yours.

Tom & Betsy
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:22 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Oh Gee,
i forgot to add..... the ccd looks great!!!!
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #36

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Tom and Betsy,

We have started packing the CCD and making it our own. I love it more and more every day.

It made it here safe and sound and unscathed. It has license plates now. I paid for the insurance. It feels real. Today is week 1 anniversary. I'm celebrating!

Thanks for the post.

X
Old 05-17-2004, 08:36 AM   #37

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Had Holiday Travel Trailers in Albuquerque install the rear Fantastic Fan that I paid for but A/S forgot to install at the factory (A/S sent a new fan and paid for install). I only have one word to describe it - FANTASTIC. You were all correct in suggesting that the dealer do it. Turns out the fan has a remote thermostat/control that needed to be snaked to the wall to the left of the kitchen sink.The tech said it took some time and a call or two to the Center but he got it done. I left the trailer overnight - gasp! - so not to rush the install. They did a terrific job and seem to be a very good A/S dealer. Call Dan at (505) 294-8280, if in the area. Their service tech is Andrew and he has been working on A/S's for many years. Not your run of the mill RV tech. He was VERY professional and showed MUCH attention to detail, thankfully.

My front Fantastic Fan has all the controls on the facia of the fan and the fan speed adjustment range is quite limited - fast or very fast, so it seems. The new one in the back has the external controls. I can control the fan speed to a very, very low setting on the rear fan. I will be able to crack the front one open and set the back one on a very low speed setting while sleeping and it shouldn't be a bother at all and give us some good ventilation.

Also had the fridge lighting problem corrected. A simple adjustment to the ignitor was all it took. The gap was too close when delivered. Starts on the second or third try now. Terrific!

Packing up! Had a departure delay as I caught a spring cold and was laid up for a couple days last week.

Stay healthy and happy everybody!

X