Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Thumbs up Vintage Trailer Supply - Best Company Ever?

I am providing completely unpaid, unsponsored, and un-asked for kudos to Vintage Trailer Supply. www.vintagetrailersupply.com

So far, I have spent close to $2k with this company in maybe 4 or 5 separate orders. I have talked with Steve, the owner, twice. I have also talked with his main office manager Kimberly several times, and she is excellent to deal with as well.

I buy most things mailorder, or through the internet. As an IT professional, I can navigate very well through the net and usually find the best deal. I just find it more convenient than driving to multiple stores when I'm working on a project - plus I can do it at my day job - make an order, go back to work, and 2 days later it's on my doorstep.

Steve not only offers the best price on almost everything, he also doesn't gouge on the shipping. I have checked him against Amazon, other RV suppliers, and just about anyone else I can find and he still beats the price, and usually beats on shipping as well - it does help that I'm on the same coast though.

Now, some companies will beat other companies on price (like Amazon) but have horrible customer service. Amazon is almost impossible when it comes to returns. Steve even outperforms on that as well.

This week, I made a very large purchase (over $500) from him and realized I had ordered the wrong product. He actually explained to me that I could buy from a competitor and get a better price, but told me he would be happy to accept my merchandise and stock it at his warehouse so I wouldn't have to pay the manufacturer's restocking fee since he has this item drop shipped from the manufacturer. What this means is that until he sells it, Steve is going to have this ~$500 tied up in inventory that he normally wouldn't carry.

I cannot think of a more awesome approach to customer service, and VTS will remain a benchmark for me of customer service.

At this point, if VTS was selling me a bridge in Brooklyn, I would buy it. It would probably be a great price, and the customer service, impeccable. (shipping might be a killer though....)
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
Every experience that I have had with them was great.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
As a newbie doing what we can to hold our 73 Tradewind together I too agree Kimberly has been EXCELLENT. Super patient helping me figure out the right purchase.

Kathy and Andy at Inland have also displayed quality customer service returning calls, emails, and posts in satisfactory time.

Bet their company's pay taxes too. OK could resist a jab at GE.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Great Company

Steve and his company are at the top of my list when needing something Airstream! Will continue to use him on many of my other projects.
Thanks Steve, for knowing how to run a business.

Levon
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
If Andy would put all of the parts that he has on his web site I would want spend a *Ton* of money on all of that neat stuff.
Thing is, I hate talking on the telephone.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
as a guy in "the trade" I could not agree more about what has been said above. Above DanB that is. No comment on what he said..
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Robwok,

I've spent an Airstream load of money at VTS in the last few years. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you have so eloquently expressed. As much as I have spent it would have been more if not for frequent out of stock items that I have wanted and had to reluctantly go elsewhere. Very recently I ordered some items and had to leave a semi-negative feedback because they did not fit. Steve almost immediately sent me an e-mail asking if I could provide measurements (which I did) so he could check the possibility of getting some manufactured. I will always try VTS first for my parts needs. Oh, and I am on the left coast.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
More than satisfied with the stuff Steve has sent me.
He's the answer to everyone's AirstreamDreams.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
company, parts, rare, vintage trailer supply, replace