3 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Vista , California
Army Reserve Oct 1978 to May 1979 Admin Spec
Air Force Active Duty May 1979 to Jul 1981 Graphics Artist Spec

Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #604
1 Rivet Member

Abilene , Texas
USN Flight Surgeon: Pensacola. Adam, AK. Pax river. Navy test pilot school. Loved it. Oldest son Academy grad. Fighter pilot.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #605
1 Rivet Member

Abilene , Texas
Make that "Adak, Ak".
Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #606
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stfinabi View Post
USN Flight Surgeon: Pensacola. Adam, AK. Pax river. Navy test pilot school. Loved it. Oldest son Academy grad. Fighter pilot.
Our youngest Son In Law (we have several) is hoping to become an Army Trauma Surgeon. I guess you know where he'll be working. He's in the NG now and hoping to start Med School next fall.

Great Kid. He certainly has the smarts for it and the desire.

Thanks for your service, Doc.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #607
Yertle01.com

2006 22' International CCD
Estes Park , Colorado
Ditto what Easyrider06 said.

"My two cents is worth every penny."
TRizzuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #608
2 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
Stfinabi,
Spent almost 2 years at San Diego Medical Center (Balboa) 2008-2010 and I want to thank all the Navy Doctors and our team medic HM2 "Gee" (Team Easyrider) for saving my life on 13OCT2008 in Afghanistan. Good luck to your son... good Air Support can save your life!!!
Regard,

James "Easyrider 6" Becker MAJ/IN/USA (Ret)
Old 08-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #609
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' International
Bayfield , Wisconsin
Ditto on the military spouse. Twenty years Army. Seventeen of that with Special Forces. A good wife makes it much easier. Salute!!

WBCCI # 1959
Black 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
2015 23D International Signature (Salsa)
Stella our Bull Pointer mix
Airborne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #610
1 Rivet Member

Fair Oaks Ranch , Texas
US Army 1972 - Present

USMA 1972-1976
Active Duty 1976-2005
DA Civilian 2005-present

Currently at Fort Sam Houston until next summer when final retirement happens and trailer life begins!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #611
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider06 View Post
ALL VETS!!!

Just want to put this out there, as I'm a "New Jack" maybe I missed this in an earlier post, but it should be restated, those of us who raised our right hand to defend this country's ideals (whether PC today or not) are a special group of individuals. I don't think we are all heros as the public wants to "throw" around so easily. However, if your reading this, you are not only special, but are also a "survivor" at least physically of your commitment to this country's freedom. There are no "regular" guys/gals, officers/ enlisted, Marines(OK, an exception, LOL), Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors or Coastguardsmen, Active/Reserve/National Guard we are all "special"(not short bus) citizens, remember that. I don't think you ever look at the flag/nation the same again after you have offered your life to her. Finally, lets not forget the folks who supported our service, I know my wife is a prisoner of "my" war and I know some of you know what I'm talking about. She is my savior and a Godsend from above... To All, live long and travel safe...

"Still looking for our AS"

Regards,
James and Rebecca
James and Rebecca - You are right, of course... and thanks for the reminder and your family's service. Also, we all "earned" the right to, whenever the flag passes by or the National Anthem is played or the Pledge is said, render a hand salute to the colors (instead of the hand over the heart.)

This is something Congress authorized in 2008 and yet few people know. One thing in the Congressional committee hearing reports as to "why" allowing veterans to salute was that, at a public gathering those who rendered the hand salute even though in civilian clothes would be readily recognizable to their fellow citizens as VETERANS. So, you earned it and in rendering the hand salute you are saying to other veterans "I'm one of you."

See Rules for Rendering Hand Salute of U.S. Flag - Military Benefits - Military.com

(Hope you find that AS soon!)
TAC
TCT
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:53 PM   #612
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Not a veteran, but I am heavily involved with an organization that resurrects vintage warbirds. Most of our collection is RAF/RCAF, but we also have some a/c that is related to the USAF. We are about to build an air-worthy WW1 Sopwith replica that will be sent to France in 2017 for the 100th anniversary of Vimy Ridge.

Why do I do this?

Because the roar of those engines speak for those who have been silenced. It is my #1 passion in life.

Today (August 25th) is the 75th anniversary of the start of the Battle of Britain.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #613
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilnH2o View Post
James and Rebecca - You are right, of course... and thanks for the reminder and your family's service. Also, we all "earned" the right to, whenever the flag passes by or the National Anthem is played or the Pledge is said, render a hand salute to the colors (instead of the hand over the heart.)

This is something Congress authorized in 2008 and yet few people know. One thing in the Congressional committee hearing reports as to "why" allowing veterans to salute was that, at a public gathering those who rendered the hand salute even though in civilian clothes would be readily recognizable to their fellow citizens as VETERANS. So, you earned it and in rendering the hand salute you are saying to other veterans "I'm one of you."

See Rules for Rendering Hand Salute of U.S. Flag - Military Benefits - Military.com

(Hope you find that AS soon!)
A few years back, I backed my pick up truck into a parking lot in town so that we could watch the Christmas Parade as it passed by. The kids were younger then and one of them was participating in the high school marching band. A fellow walked up and asked if he could have a seat on the tailgate with us. Sure, sure. As the Colors passed by, both of us stood and saluted, then sat back down to enjoy the parade. It's all about the kids, right? When the parade was over we shook hands and parted ways. Don't who that guy was, but he knows the rules.

A Vet knows the rules.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 08-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #614
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Not a veteran, but I am heavily involved with an organization that resurrects vintage warbirds. Most of our collection is RAF/RCAF, but we also have some a/c that is related to the USAF. We are about to build an air-worthy WW1 Sopwith replica that will be sent to France in 2017 for the 100th anniversary of Vimy Ridge.

Why do I do this?

Because the roar of those engines speak for those who have been silenced. It is my #1 passion in life.

Today (August 25th) is the 75th anniversary of the start of the Battle of Britain.
Must be strange coincidence day. Susan's eldest uncle was a US Navy flyer prior to the United States' involvement in World War Two. As a trained fighter pilot, he was allowed to resign his commission and travel to Britain to join the RAF. You can guess the rest of the story, pretty much. He became a fighter pilot in the RAF and participated in the Battle of Britain. Sadly, he was lost around the time Pearl was bombed. Susan's Dad joined the US Air Force (then known as the USAAC) a soon as came of age. He did well. Two DFC's and seven Air Medals. A personal Hero of mine.

Rest in Peace, Pete. You are missed.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 AM   #615
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Hereford , Arizona
Multi service

U.S. Navy Submariner from 1970-1974. ETR3 (SS) USS Spadefish out of Norfolk, VA not that we were in port that often.

UA Army from late 1974-2000. First 8 years was a Fixed Station Cryptographic Equipment repairman. The last 12 years I an Electronic Warefare Maintenance repairman 33S, retired as a Sergeant Major 33Z. Stationed in MA, GA, TX, HI, VA, and AZ. Overseas I was in Italy, England, Scotland, Korea, and Thiland. Retired Oct 2000 at Fort Huachuca, AZ and then worked civil service for th Army until I retired September 2014.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:23 AM   #616
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
1970 27' Overlander
Boerne , Texas
Army and Navy Physical Therapist 1982 - 2006
Army:
Fort Sam Houston, TX 82-84
Fort Ord, CA, 84-88

Navy:
Oakland, CA, 88-91
Yokosuka, Japan 91-94