Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
1996 34' Classic
1996 34' Excella
Locust Grove , Virginia
Veterans Day 2009

Say thank you to a Veteran or person currently serving in our armed forces. But for their efforts, we would not be free.

2005 F-150 5.4L Supercab 4X4 (Betsy 3)
2008 Safari 27FB SE (Arvin as in RV'ing)
2010 TREK 2.3

Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Amen brother...

We have a great parade here in Northern California Petaluma Veterans Day Fly-In

should be a great way to honor our Vets and active duty..

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Well said! I too would like to thank all those who have served and sacrificed.
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
Gypsygirl1 and Hubby
1959 24' Tradewind
Windsor , Ontario
It is also Rememberance Day here in Canada. We rembember our vets who served and are currently serving.
Thank you to ALL vets and current troops fighting, for without them where would we be??
Gypsygirl1 and Hubby
1959 A/S Tradewind Landyacht 24ft (the traveller)
1952 Royal Spartanette 35ft (summer home)
1954 Pacemaker 32 ft (summer guesthouse)
Tin Can Tourists Vintage Trailer Club
gypsygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #5
Refurbished 89 Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
As I watched a news story the other day on a cable news channel that is shunned by our government, something really hit me.
The story was about a bunch of volunteers up in Maine at an airport. They greet incoming flights of veterans and thank them for their service. It is truly fantastic that this trend is EVERYWHERE now. I see it in malls, on the street, and at other airports.

Now go back to when MANY of us served in the 60's and 70's. Instead of a handshake or pat on the back. Organized folks that truly did spit on us as we walked through an airport or down a street.

What the story brought out in my mind was the fact that those folks that organized those demonstrations back in those days.......are now community organizers or actually reorganizing the government now...........

The pendulum swings and time marches on...........THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.......God bless our country and those that are NOW putting their lives on the live to preserve what rights remain.........Dennis
Dennis & Susan
D&D Farms, Sugar Valley, Ga
Registered Boer goats
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #6

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Thank you.....

What is a Veteran?

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye.

Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem.

You can't tell a vet just by looking.

He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

She - or he - is the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

He is the POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL.

He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies
unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.

He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say Thank You. That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, "THANK YOU".

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, Who has given us the
freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag."

Father Denis Edward O'Brien/USMC
AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
Rivet Master
1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Thank you for this beautiful post, Robert.
The Silver Queen
danalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks to all of you for your service and sacrifices on behalf of our country and its' citizens.
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Las Vegas , Nevada
Great post, Robert. Brought tears to my eyes. Besides "Thank You", "Welcome Home" are two more words we all need to share.
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member
1963 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Today being Veterans Day, I called my dad to thank him for his 33yrs. of service, I did get choked up.

He was a Naval Aviator for many years, putting his live on the line for this country, just as thousands of breave men and women have done.

From the bottom of my heart, I say Thank You!!. Thank you seems so small for something so important and so large.

I will continue to pray and support all branches of the
Military of the United States of America

Sixty3TW4US is offline   Reply With Quote