Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Updated Portal (Home) Page!

I changed around the home page a little. More photos from www.AirstreamPhotos.com and a few other tweaks...

What do you think?
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Since I use it exclusively and no one else has commented...

It loads slower with the extra pictures... and they're different every time I hit the back button to come back from a thread so 4 new pictures have to load each time.

I'd like to see site-specific stuff higher... I don't need a calender... have one on the task bar... put it at the bottom, if not just delete it.. The current survey should remain at the top just below a single picture.

Off-site news feed can go to the bottom. I'd rather see who's online here higher.

You'll have the important info, especially for a new member, at the top, Member Info, Search Box and Quick Links on the left, a teaser picture/link and survey on the right. Who's online and newsfeed could be below that on either side.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:34 PM   #3
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
What about...

I changed the recent posts from the last 20 to the last 30. I also removed the post date so the full title of the thread can be seen...

What do you think about those changes?
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:34 PM   #4
hex

Lightbulb You asked

I appreciate the change on last 30 from last 20.
I gather from some that they have set bookmarks/favorites to use the 'forum interface' as their entry portal, thereby (I guess) rarely ever going to the 'home interface'.
You might poll to see.

I wish the 'View Posts' buttons were on the home page ('last 24 hours', 'new',& 'no replies'). I generally only go to that page to use those.

I also see no reason for the links under the 'My Member Info' box being there taking up space. We should all be able to get to those places by other means. I would do away with the whole box. You might add those links to the 'quick link' box if you just have to have them on the home page at all.I would like the 'search for all my previous posts' link (from the profile page) added to 'quik links' if possible. If not could you at least add it to the 'my control panel' page?

I would put the 'Whose Online' box at the upper left where the 'My Member Info' box is now.

And I wish you would put a duplicate of the 'home' and 'forum'
link-buttons at the bottom of each thread page. (you have a dupe of 'search button' down there already)

thanks
hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 07:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Re: What about...

Quote:
Originally posted by Organic Hosting
I changed the recent posts from the last 20 to the last 30. I also removed the post date so the full title of the thread can be seen...

What do you think about those changes?
I _thought_ so, but wasn't sure. I like 'em! A thread often sank off the chart before I saw it before. It's also nice to see more subject.

Thanks,
Old 10-24-2002, 08:16 AM   #6
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Forum page

I'm one that has bookmarked the forum page rather than the home page.

The most important feature to me in "New". I wish I could bookmark right to the search, but then it doesn't take into account posts I have already looked at and marked as read.

I wish all of the forum pages had a "New" button so that if I respond to an email, I can look at that post and just hit "New" to see all the other new posts without having to go back to the Forum page.

BTW: I am stuck on a 28k dialup line and every page transition takes a lot of time.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 08:25 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up much nicer

i like it much better--most especially that the whole title of the thread is now visable.

you rule!
Dave Cole is offline   Reply With Quote