Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Ubiquitious!

Hello all,
It's been a while since I posted.
I remember last summer folks were talking about hardly ever seeing any Airstreams in their travels.
They ought to take a trip up to MN here and drive US 169 around the west side of Mille Lacs lake.
I've been going up North a lot lately and of course I'm always looking for those silver bullets.
There are eight of them parked from Garrison to Onamia - 25 miles , including the big 3 axle one that someone recently parked there and the little Argosy that is just south of Onamia.
Mine is another 12 miles north. And I saw another one the other day just north of Aitkin.
These are all parked semi permanently. Of course during the summer you always see a few more parked here and there in the camp grounds.
I always wonder if any of the owners are members here.
Be fun to meet for lunch some day.
I moved my trailer this weekend. First time it's rolled since August. It only went a few hundred yards so I used the tractor to do it. I wanted to organize my camp site a little better.
Meanwhile, I still log in on a regular basis but gave up internet access at home so now have to go to the library.
Mostly I just wanted to say hello to all the fine folks out there in Alumaville
and wish you all some fun as the camping season gets started across the country.
Jerry
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Jerry --We also travel that rte west of Mille Lacs & you probably have seen the place where several A/S are parked on the West side of 169. We stopped there seveal years ago & ask in regards one of them. Since that time they have added several more. The Argosy you mention South of Onamia--is that the one all wrapped up & next to the antique place? That thing has been wrapped for several years & I don't think that's to good for the unit. There's also a unit parked along a Co. Rd. between Rte 6, north of Crosby & Aitkin. They move it from back near the Mississippi River, to along the road for the winter. That wouldn't be your unit, would it? I travel that road a lot & will have to get the # on it. Seems it was out of a state West of here.
Best.

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Yo Dog;

Glad you dropped in. Hope things are going the way you want.

How about some pictures of your site?

Life without Internet?....YIKES !!!!

Best Regards;

-Bobby

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Mille Lacs

Jerry,
Nice to hear from you. Here is a picture of my Airstream and another, at Milaca in 1963. Mark Doane is third from the left. The little girl in the stroller is my 43 yr old stepdaughter Anna, and my bride is far right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Milaca.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	6218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Milaca2.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	6219  

markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Hey Jerry

Welcome back. I moved my Airstream just once since last August just to reposition it over my extended parking area that I built up. My inaugural trip might be up and around Mille Lacs to Little Bass Lake just north of Brainerd over the 4th of July where we will boondock on this private lake.

There might be a lot of Airstreams but I noticed the Airstream want ads in Minnesota have pretty much dried up. Seems everyone has jockeyed into one and held on after the spate of local publicity in the newspaper last August promoting the idea and popularity of vintage Airstreams. I feel we lucked out buying ours the week before the newspaper article appeared.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:35 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Acutlly I saw quite a few this weekend in just 90 miles of I75. I had to run down to Macon from Atlanta. Saw nothing on the way down but on the way back I saw a 310, a newer classic MH, 4 different coaches all put one appeard to be 90's or newer. I also saw one Avion trailer nad a GMC motor Home.

Most be a event south of here.

Last month I went to FL and saw only one on the road in 600 miles of driving and 4 in campgrounds and yards. One is was St George and was abaou a 68 Overlander I think.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote