Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #581
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
Silverado, is my "new" Classic (08) 30ft that I just acquired.
Luigi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:46 AM   #582
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Attachment 191446

Now you just need this image on the propane tanks of Bella L'Argosy

:-)

haha if I had the artistic computer skills it would be funny to take that pic of Bela and make it female for Bella...
Old 07-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #583
3 Rivet Member

1998 30' Excella 1000
Halifax , Nova Scotia
Don't have a name yet....we moved to our 30' Excella from a 10" Boler called The Itsy-Bitsy...guess we can't use that name anymore! Open for suggestions....
Gilmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #584
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Lawrence , Kansas
The State of Kansas named ours by giving us the license plate "911 EPY". So far Eppie has been great to us only coming close to the 9-1-1 prefix occasionally.
ttbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #585
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmurr View Post
Don't have a name yet....we moved to our 30' Excella from a 10" Boler called The Itsy-Bitsy...guess we can't use that name anymore! Open for suggestions....
Don't sweat it; these things take time. My Interstate is a year and a half old, and still doesn't have a name. But that's okay; even if it had a name, it still wouldn't come when I call it!

Hmm. Maybe I should call mine "Old Dog" because I can't teach it any new tricks. But that's a better name for a vintage trailer than a reasonably new Interstate, so on second thought maybe not.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #586
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Marietta , Georgia
you're a funny man protag...can't wait to meet you in person at some rally
Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #587
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Talking Still holding on

We have not renamed Moby over the years even though the nautical theme inside has changed. Poor Moby had his right tail fin area damaged on the way to International this year. Major repairs in the works.

"ttbikes" we are close by. If you need help, yell.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #588
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Madison , Indiana
All the names we have tried just did not work. Never called her by name once! We are going with Minihaus, cause we are fulltime, and Ann is a fan of Minnie Mouse. My grandmother's name was Minnie. Our truck is Big George. That has stuck.
Dwellstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #589
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Although Baked Potato really caught on, Heirstream sounds good.
You can look at it one of 2 ways:
1. I spent the kids inheritance on it.
2. We will leave it to the kids.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #590
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
It started out as the "rolling jellybean" but lately it's been "miss piggy". Time will tell which one sticks.
Joe Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #591

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Palmieri View Post
It started out as the "rolling jellybean" but lately it's been "miss piggy". Time will tell which one sticks.
Miss Piggy only really works if you've got a green tow vehicle named Kermit. After all, Miss Piggy is a porker, and Airstreams are too sleek for that. Just my personal opinion… pay it no mind.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #592
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Both our Argosy's came the current color from the PO. Had the 28ft for almost 4 years now and the Minuet 6.0 just a couple months. So when the big one was named "the turd" (see color), the little one was named "the fart"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airstream-argosy2.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	192543   Click image for larger version

Name:	minuet1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	192544  

Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #593
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Both our Argosy's came the current color from the PO. Had the 28ft for almost 4 years now and the Minuet 6.0 just a couple months. So when the big one was named "the turd" (see color), the little one was named "the fart"
Kind of romantic, ain't it?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 AM   #594
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Ottawa , Ontario
We're still towing SOB but on the lookout for our first AS. A name came to me the other day; I haven't run it by the boss yet though:
Aluminum Undercast
JDnBeastlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #595
4 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Stratford , Prince Edward Island
Send a message via Yahoo to macofpei Send a message via Skype™ to macofpei
I like that you are thinking of names before you even have a Stream. When you get your Airstream, the name will come to you. It's like naming your truck, when you see it, you name it. My truck is a black 2010 Toyota Tundra, CrewMax, so she is a Beauty. Our Airstream was bought in Georgia so her name is Southern Belle. ( I say it has a nice "ring" to it) :-)
WBCCI #4782
"Southern Belle"
'03 Classic 30'
'10 Toyota CrewMax
macofpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #596

2012 Interstate Coach
Since I still haven't found a name for my Interstate, I'm tossing out some of the ones I've considered, to get a reality check on them:

"Kaiser" - While the interior is all Airstream, the exterior is all Mercedes, and it came off the assembly line in Duseldorf according to the VIN. So, something German seemed appropriate, and the name is masculine enough to suit a mobile man-cave. The name comes across as too pretentious, but that might be okay because as a solo traveler my Interstate is full of my self, and being full of myself is what pretentiousness is all about.

"Breadbox" - It does vaguely resemble one, and as RVs go, it's no bigger than a breadbox, unlike the big Class A shoeboxes that are way bigger than a shoebox. I like this one for its irreverence; an RV can't take itself too seriously or it will start to get uppity. Plus, buying it took an awful lot of bread.

"Plan B" - After Hurricane Katrina, when I was homeless for weeks on end, I realized I needed a plan B. Five years later, I got one, in the form of my Interstate. Now if I evacuate and come back to find my home destroyed, I can stay in my Interstate until I can find a new place. Plus, it's a B-van, so the name fits that way, too. (Side note, anyone who watches action/adventure movies knows that Plan A never works, so I never even have one. It saves a lot of time if you formulate plan A, then throw it away untried and go straight to Plan B.)

I'm kind of leaning toward the last name because it has a story attached to it, but the first two both flow more easily in conversation: "I'm taking the Kaiser to Lake Enid next month," or "The Breadbox needs to be cleaned up before my next trip." Compared to "Plan B is in the shop for repairs."
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #597
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Seguin , Texas
What about "Marlene"?
Pileus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #598

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pileus View Post
What about "Marlene"?
Nah. Just doesn't feel right. There isn't anything particularly feminine about a Sprinter, with its blocky shape, and as Airstreams go, the interior is also kind of lacking in feminine touches, too.

An Interstate really needs a masculine or gender-neutral name, unlike the Airstream trailers, that are chock full of graceful curves. The Airstream trailers ARE ladies!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #599
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Protagonist - Kaiser is actually derived from Caesar, meaning Emperor, from the days of the Roman Empire. The term was recycled by King Wilhelm I of Prussia when he became ruler of the newly united German Empire in 1870.

In your case, Kaiser fits the humorist bent you clearly possess. Besides the implied Kaiser Aluminum association which immediately comes to the business minded, you can claim a heritage to the Roamin' culture for the historically minded types. Your other stated reasonings hold as well.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #600
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Since I still haven't found a name for my Interstate, I'm tossing out some of the ones I've considered, to get a reality check on them:

"Kaiser" - While the interior is all Airstream, the exterior is all Mercedes, and it came off the assembly line in Duseldorf according to the VIN. So, something German seemed appropriate, and the name is masculine enough to suit a mobile man-cave. The name comes across as too pretentious, but that might be okay because as a solo traveler my Interstate is full of my self, and being full of myself is what pretentiousness is all about.

"Breadbox" - It does vaguely resemble one, and as RVs go, it's no bigger than a breadbox, unlike the big Class A shoeboxes that are way bigger than a shoebox. I like this one for its irreverence; an RV can't take itself too seriously or it will start to get uppity. Plus, buying it took an awful lot of bread.

"Plan B" - After Hurricane Katrina, when I was homeless for weeks on end, I realized I needed a plan B. Five years later, I got one, in the form of my Interstate. Now if I evacuate and come back to find my home destroyed, I can stay in my Interstate until I can find a new place. Plus, it's a B-van, so the name fits that way, too. (Side note, anyone who watches action/adventure movies knows that Plan A never works, so I never even have one. It saves a lot of time if you formulate plan A, then throw it away untried and go straight to Plan B.)

I'm kind of leaning toward the last name because it has a story attached to it, but the first two both flow more easily in conversation: "I'm taking the Kaiser to Lake Enid next month," or "The Breadbox needs to be cleaned up before my next trip." Compared to "Plan B is in the shop for repairs."
I pondered this for a minute and thought about translating something into German for a name. I got out my handy-dandy Google Translate App and entered "Plan B" and got "Plan B". Hmm, German and English are close. How about "Option 2", that came back "Option 2". Then I scrounged the little knowledge I know about how Germans build words and merge them together and hit pay-dirt when I tried out "Escape Pod" and "Lifeboat" which translated (According to Google Translate) into "Rettungskapsel" and "Rettungsboot" respectively.

Just a couple suggestions, gets a little humor and German in there.
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote