Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
Toronto RV Show

If you need a little taste of summer in the midst of all this snow the Toronto RV Show is this Thursday - Sunday. We will have 9 Airstreams from 16-34' at the show. It is at the Toronto Congress Centre.

Thanks

Andy

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot
Andrew T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hey, Andy, I guess I put my note on this same subject in the wrong thread? Have a look at
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...how-47411.html

Even has a photo of one of your displays from last year.

Will you be doing the stunt I see on your website where you pull an AS with a bicycle?

see you there,
Aage
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Mr T... Thnxs for the reminder about the show..

http://www.rvshowtoronto.ca/layout/images/title.jpg

Will look forward to checking it out again this year.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
Hi Aage

The 61 Pacer will be there connected to the bicycle but they won't let us ride it down the aisles. It would likely be hard to pull on Carpet anyway.

Say hello when you are at the show.

Andy

Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I certainly will, Andy. I hope to be there Day 1 (Thursday).

It will be interesting to see what, if any impact the current financial conditions will have on the show.

cheers,
Aage
Old 01-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
I am interested to see as well, so far we have been affected less than I would have thought by looking at the news, then again I think the news is usually exagerated on most issues.

So far the only big change I see is to the commercial credit companies. That likely means dealers won't be able to stock as much inventory, which I don't think is a bad thing. Interest costs don't add any value to the RV. The number of RV's many dealers were stocking was really rediculous. The only reason to have that many is that Manufactures are under the mistaken idea that more inventory has to sell more coaches.

In Canada finanicng for customers is about as easy to obtain as it ever was. Which was never as easy as it was in the U.S. but again that is likely a good thing.

Andy

Old 01-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
RV show

Hi Andy, thanks for the heads up. I had a local RV dealer move my newly aquired airstream into storage for me and he mentioned it. I will certainly stop by and say hello as my 2001 airstream safari 25c is marked with your dealer plate and it will provide me a chance to see more airstreams. Would be nice to bump into a few streamers from this forum as well. bill.
Wilburstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
In Canada finanicng for customers is about as easy to obtain as it ever was. Which was never as easy as it was in the U.S. but again that is likely a good thing.

Andy
Yes, I think that's why we (as yet) haven't seen the same results here in terms of people losing homes. However, the job loss is certainly striking, the worst I can recall seeing ever.

Part of that is that Ontario, where we live, relies so heavily on the auto industry, with whole towns depending on it for their survival. I live in Aurora, and Magna closed two plants here last month. Closed, not "temporarily suspended operations", they are gone forever.

Anyway, it was good to say hello briefly today at the show. We were looking at the famous bicycle-powered AS when we saw you, and thought it would be fun to post a picture of it. That little trailer is in beautiful shape, and it surprised me just how much usable room there is in it!

I also got a kick out of those little "rpod" trailers on your stand. Clever designs, and towable by almost anything, I would imagine. Nice designs, that should prove popular with young families. Too bad they don't make one with a shiny aluminum outer skin!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Toronto RV show visit

Well we got up this AM and the temp outside was -18C. Headed to the Toronto RV show anyway. We were surprised to see it was as busy as any year. Lots of the usual consignees. The Congress building was full.

We toured the many Airstreams and it was interesting to over hear the comments of other folks checking out the bullets. Lots of wow's and awes.

Thnxs again to Andy for the technical info & tips with regard to our TV.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Too bad I missed you Road Runner.

I was at the show yesterday morning as well. Talked to the folks at CanAm and got some pricing on a new trailer. Went back today with the Mrs. and lo and behold just purchased a new 28 foot International!! We hope to take delivery around the middle of April.

Can't wait.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca View Post
Can't wait.
WoW!!! I bet you can't!

Congratulations, kama! Call me whn you have the christening party!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
just purchased a new 28 foot International!! We hope to take delivery around the middle of April.

Can't wait.
GREAT NEWS Malcolm. We are surely envious. The 28 is one sweet trailer.

We spent about 45min around the Can AM display just before noon. To bad we didn't cross paths.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
stouffville , Ontario
RV show

I had to pass on the show unfortunately. I really wanted to check out the new AS's. It would have been great if a bunch of us local ASers could have met up there. Maybe we can have a mini rally in the future. Condratulations Malcom, i'd really love to see some pics of the unit you bought. Cheers. bill.
Wilburstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Too bad I missed you Road Runner.

I was at the show yesterday morning as well. Talked to the folks at CanAm and got some pricing on a new trailer. Went back today with the Mrs. and lo and behold just purchased a new 28 foot International!! We hope to take delivery around the middle of April.

Can't wait.
Congrats from me too!

I had really been hoping to attend the show and maybe meet up with some local owners, but a painful shoulder/neck problem prevented it.

I'm just hoping it clears up for a trip to California we have planned for next month!

Enjoy!

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
The comments above have me thinking we almost need an Airstream owners reception area at the show so people that know each other can connect.

The Ontario Unit Mid Winter diner is next Saturday. It starts here at Can-Am with a wine and Cheese at 3:00 in one of the service departments that we fill with Airstreams. Even if you are not a club member I am sure you would be welcome to attend. http://www.ontarioairstream.org/coup...nterDinner.pdf

The show was quite positive compared with what you would think looking at the news lately. The attendance was almost even with 2008 & 2007 except for Sunday when the weather was not great.

There was a great deal of interest in Airstreams I would say more than other years. We have seen this before when the economy tightens up, people tend to look more at the quality of their investments so people that may have been considering a rapidly depreciating motorhome are more likely to purchase an Airstream.

Malcolm & Katalin I am sure you will love the 28 Signature!! Oh and your avitar is out of date now.

Thank you to all those that visited the show.

Andrew

Old 01-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #16
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
New Trailer

Andy,

I am sure we are going to love the International, after all we have lusted after it for a number of years! I am not going to change my avitar/signature though until I actually have it - don't want to tempt fate