Old 05-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Exclamation too mushy...

will it ever quit raining so I can stabililize the freed up jacks and get this thing levelled up?? The Northeast has been rough, first the winter now rain, at least no TORNADOES yet. My hart goes out to the OK twister victims.

Old 05-10-2003, 02:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Cool Remember

Phaedrus

Remember the advice about getting your unit under some sort of cover??
Now is the time...lol
Good luck~!
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
I know what you're going thru. Last year I was redoing my Minuet, repainting the exterior and it rained constantly. This year has been ok. I have been busy stripping and polishing my Overlander and although we do need the rain it has been overcast here for the last several weeks, helpful for what I'm doing. Not clouds but smoke from Central and South America. The farmers are burning their fields, not sure how far it blows north but we get it every so often. Not the best for ones health either.

Chas
Old 05-10-2003, 02:05 PM   #4

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Re: Remember

Quote:
Originally posted by 53FlyingCloud
Phaedrus

Remember the advice about getting your unit under some sort of cover??
Now is the time...lol
Good luck~!
Yea, we are sweating bullets here as the storms have been rolling through here since last Sunday. Just missed 3/4 inch hail about 5 miles east of here in a late morning storm. Tornado's touched ground just east of St. Louis, and 50 miles south of us a few days ago. More storms coming through late this afternoon and early evening. I've got the Safari still in the drive at this point waiting to head up to Bill Thomas's dealership for a new awing. I figure if its going to get pummeled it might as well be here rather than in its storage lot or up at Bill's. Cross your fingers if we get through the next round tonight the weather guys are telling us this bad run of weather will be finally ending. I don't think I've ever seen such a violent run of weather over a 7 day period.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 07:43 PM   #5

Not the same size as in the Mid West, but not to be left out, in south central VA, we got a tornado 15 miles north of us yesterday.

We had one in central city Philadelphia about 12 years ago. Watched it from the roof (not too smart), saw it cross the bridge to NJ. Mike is a weather's nut and he was overjoyed.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Good folks

Even as I sit here in the sunny weather we're having in New England..My thoughts are exactlly the same as yours`
My unit is down in Virginia and, yes I think abt the weather alot as well..Keeping our fingers crossed~!
Again, good luck to all`!
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 05-11-2003, 08:36 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Re: Re: Remember

Quote:
Originally posted by jcanavera

Yea, we are sweating bullets here as the storms have been rolling through here since last Sunday. Just missed 3/4 inch hail about 5 miles east of here in a late morning storm. Tornado's touched ground just east of St. Louis, and 50 miles south of us a few days ago. More storms coming through late this afternoon and early evening. I've got the Safari still in the drive at this point waiting to head up to Bill Thomas's dealership for a new awing. I figure if its going to get pummeled it might as well be here rather than in its storage lot or up at Bill's. Cross your fingers if we get through the next round tonight the weather guys are telling us this bad run of weather will be finally ending. I don't think I've ever seen such a violent run of weather over a 7 day period.

Jack
Yeah normaly I would pray for hail this time of year. My roofs shot. Now I have an Airstream LOL.

One of my 4x4 internet buddies was posting about the hail they got last week. The soft top on his Full size blazer destroyed last week. Busted the windsheild and mirrors. As well. Few dents in the hood. Another guy posted and was telling us about the new house they had just moved into a couple years back. The hail was soft ball sized or a lille bigger. Had enough volocity to blow clean through the roof. totaled out a couple of cars, his SOB trailer, and a few other things. Insurance company ended up paying out something like $450K after it was all said and done.

Here where I'm at the bigest I have ever seen was Quartersized. I'm thinking of picking ing up one of those free standing delas you see at HD or Wallmart. Brace it a little better side to side and replace the tarp with a Condura tarp that will take a lot more pounding before it fails.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:54 AM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Well, it's been a bit surreal here too. Some of the storms have had some meat to them and last night, we were suppose to get hail, but luckly we didn't.

On the Bambi's maiden voyage last month, I was just west of Louisville and my girlfriend's (Brandi) parents live north of Louisville. So on the last day, we made the call to go north to spend time with her parents. That night, there was a very powerful storm in the Louisville area. The area we were in had a bit larger than pea size hail. The area to the north where we moved to, had none.

I need a farm with one of those large tye warehouses to store the four cars, boat and now the Airstream!

Every storm I worry. I even have Bambi parked away from the tree limbs right now.....

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #9

53FlyingCloud
Quote:
My unit is down in Virginia and, yes I think abt the weather alot as well..
I don't want to alarm you, but 2 or 3 days ago, there was a report of a tornado on the VA coast, just mentioned "Tide waters" in general. Don't know if it was confirmed or not. Either way, I hope it missed your trailer.

As I write this, we are having some weird weather. Checking the weather radar a lot. Nothing shown. Hot & very windy. Hope it's nothing.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:06 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Red face Too mushy

Just got our first round of tornado warnings up here today, still no twisters except at the local ice cream shop!
Old 05-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up thanks

femus

Quote:
Either way, I hope it missed your trailer.
Thanks, I am sure it will~!!
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 05-11-2003, 06:36 PM   #12

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Its over....for now

Well we got through Saturday without any further problems. Storms came through early evening and finally the rain with the cold front. Looks like most of the tornados went up to Northeast Missouri north of Hannibal and into Illinois.

Weather folks said that the pattern that was sending these big storms through finally broke up. We will get some rain on Wednesday but it will be typical spring rains and not this violent stuff. I think nation wide there were almost 400 tornados reported in this past 7 days. My weather radio has really gotten a workout.

Hope everyone gets through the last remenents as the storm moves east.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #13

Phaedrus,
Quote:
at least no TORNADOES yet.
Keep your fingers crossed. The stuff that went North of us, is heading your way: I just heard about tornadoes warning for PA & NY.
Good luck to you to. It should be soon over.... for now.

I hope this is not a pattern of things to come this summer. We work outdoor, in a tent, in a middle of a field. So weather is always very present in our mind. We had pretty good luck in the NE these last years. Let's hope the "supply" of tornadoes is exhausted for the year. And the next.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:50 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
just received a call from my son who lives in amelia va west of richmond and the town got hit with hail and a tornado. totaled his wifes car dont know what the damage to the passanger side will be to his new ford ps. all the large trees at the court house are down. having trouble removing as no one has a power saw large enough to cut the trees up. this happened a couple days ago. lol
al