Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
JLD
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JLD
Those Numbers

Hi. I am on the road to the AS every other week and am always seeing at least one numbered AS on the road. What are the numbers about. If I looked them up somewhere, WHERE?, would they lead me to a fellow AS afficianato? Joan
JLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Joan,

Those numbers belong to a member of www.wbcci.org

It's an A/S club.

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Those Numbers

Greetings Joan!

Those numbers represent membership in the Wally Byam Caravan Club International as John mentioned in his post. Becoming a member of WBCCI is one good way to really get involved in Airstreaming (IMHO). In one of your other posts, you mention the Pendleton Round-Up. In the past, there has been a WBCCI Rally held in conjunction with this event; and it is my understanding that it is one of the premiere WBCCI events on the West Coast. It is quite possible that your coach's previous owner was a WBCCI member.

There are all types of Intra-Clubs in the WBCCI to address the hobbies and other interests of WBCCI members such as:

Vintage Airstream Club - - members who either own or are interested in any of the Airstream products that are 25 years old or older.

Computer Club - - members who are interested in personal computers.

Radio Club - - members who are interested in HAM and or CB radios.

Free Wheelers - - members who travel alone in an Airstream product.

You might find the Vintage Airstream Club of interest as I believe that you mentioned in another post that your trailer is a 1976 Sovereign. You can learn more about the Vintage Airstream Club at:

Vintage Airstream Club

When one joins the WBCCI, one of the benefits of membership is a copy of the membership directory. This directory lists all members alphabetically as well as by membership number. In addition, there are listings by state for campgrounds; and a complete listing of Airstream dealers. There is also a section with a comprehensive calendar for all WBCCI scheduled activities by region for the entire year.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
More info please

JLD

Please fill out your user profile so that we will know where you are and what sort of Airstream you have. Click on "User CP" at the top of the screen.

You will have free WBCCI membership through the end of the year just for showing a bill of sale for an Airstream. That will get you acquainted with the club. If we knew where you are, someone in that locality could contact you. I have steered a number of folks to our WBCCI unit.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Question Free Membership in WBCCI with Bill of Sale?

I have not picked up my used A/S from Mississippi yet (flying down Thursday 2/27/03), but when I do, I will have a Bill of Sale from the PO. Will that entitle me to anything in the WBCCI? (As my signature says, I am buying a 1960 24' project.)

Maybe I'll have to check that out!

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 07:42 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Yep! That'll do...

...but that's probably not even necessary.

When we bought our A/S, we didn't need to show the bill of sale to anybody...we just called up the WBCCI membership committee person with our local unit and told them we were new/first-time owners and were offered the one year free. The free year applies only to the WBCCI membership. You will still need to pay the $20-25 for VAC membership, as it is a separate intra-club.

If you qualify with a 25+ year old trailer I would strongly encourage membership in the VAC too. And once you're able to "take it on the road"...go to a VAC Rally. You'll be surprised at how much you will learn from other folks who have "been there, done that!" Even if your trailer isn't road-worthy yet, if there is a VAC Rally nearby...stop in & say "Hi". They ususally have an Open House day so you can check out everyone's trailers.

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote