Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

This forum

I tried unsuccessfully to post feedback so I will place my comments here:
I belong to several rv forums and this one is by far the best. It is well hosted and the people seem more interested in helping others than being obnoxious. Perhaps it has something to do with the class of people who own Airstreams??
Thank you for providing this great forum.
On The Road, USA
gwsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
I know Andy appreciates your very kind words. This is one of those things that just becomes a labor of love and he has really worked tirelessly and without any monetary compensation to achieve it. (ThanX Andy) If you knew what goes on behind the scenes you would be just amazed what it takes to provide a stable environment for all this to run in.

What problems were you having posting feedback and were? If you could post this, you can post anywhere on the Forums. Let us know and we will help you.

-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:04 PM   #3
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Thanks for the feedback!

We have a great community here with such a diverse members! Look for small features here and there over the next year.

As far as posting feedback, was it from the home page? I have not tested those features yet. As a matter of fact, I will go test them now.

Thanks again

Cheers,

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 09:28 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Andy, this is the error message I got when clicking on the "post feedback" link under "Quick Links" on the Home page.
Warning: Failed opening 'modules/Feedback/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in
/home/sites/site38/web/modules.php on line 23
On The Road, USA
gwsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Jerry- welcome to the forums. We encourage you to post as often as you would like, and respond to whatever posts you are interested in.
We have a number of somewhat "inactive" members who read and then don't post anything. While that is fine too, it's the "chatty" members like me and others that help stoke this fire.
Andy is a great host for this site, it has grown consistently and positively.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 04:08 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Jerry,
I've learned much from reading answers to posts made by others. While no means am I an expert in Airstreams, I now have answers to questions I posed after purchase of my '77 Excella 500. Many of the areas such as towing, the Nutone Food Processing Center and setting up the vacuum/hydraulic disc brakes were answered after numerous discussions with Andy of Inland RV, Airstream and others who have gone this route before me. I now enjoy posting answers of how I set up my system, how I took care of a problem that presented itself or just passing on what the "experts" have recommended on this or other forums if it pertained to me. That is what the forum is for, sharing of ideas whether technical or not. Good to have you as a member.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:50 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
This is by far the best forum. It started up just when Airstreamcentral.com (a similar forum) wanted to charge for access and their database was lost and no back-up was available . Forums grew very quickly and we haven't looked back!

The posts, active and previous, are a valuable resource. The connection with other Airstreamers is invaluable.

gee I hope this forum has it's database backed up...
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 03:05 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi there......

Hi there gwsullivan.
...Well I am sorry to say, I don't own a A/S or a R/V, because I live in England, things are a lot smaller scale, and sadly if I had one in my yard, it would only be used as target practice for the vandals, but since I saw that first picture of the abandoned A/S, I was hooked...so I set abt " lookin for them on the net ", soon I discovered a whole NEW world out there, U guys...I kn nothing abt them what so ever, well I did'nt at first, so I am as I say NOT much of a help to anyone, but I love the chat, all the same....I love to read all the posts, and put in my 5 cents worth...LOL, for what it's worth !!!!... I know a few Guys from other sites, but I realy ENJOY this one, as it's run by the people who own and run the wonderful A/S & R/V, so they have been there, and done that, even wear the "T" shirt to prove it, no doubt...So agn to the guys out there, what can I say...but THANKS
for a GREAT FORUM....and KEEP-UP the good work.
.....Stay good...Chris.....
Old 08-02-2002, 03:08 PM   #9
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Talking Yes the datbase is backed up!

Daily actually. Then each motnh I take the backups and zip them. Then burn the zip file to a CD Rom. Soo, I will start sending the CDs to a member for safe keeping. That way (god forbid) if anything tragic happens to me our community will still keep living!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote