Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community

Old 05-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Originally Posted by LBOskiBear View Post
We started with a 19' that took months of daily searching/calling to find. It arrived at our local dealer and hadn't even been prepped for sale. We went down and bought it the same day after making a call on a whim.

Two months ago, we traded it for a 27' from another dealer located 450 mi away. That was a bit of an adventure, driving the old one up and then towing the new back in a short weekend.

I wanted something larger, but was somewhat flexible with a 23, 25, or 27. In the end I'm quite happy with the 27'.

One thing I learned with both of these is that it's pretty tough to get everything you want when buying pre-owned. Some items are "must-haves" and others are compromises. Some features you didn't know about and turned out to be nice surprises/positives.

Are you pretty sure the 25 is it and a 23 or 27 would be a deal-breaker? I was intimidated by the 27 (going up from a 19) but, in the end, it's been a breeze to tow and I love the space!
Your last paragraph really touches an issue that most new people have - I was planning on my first being a 19. Went to the factory tour and saw the teensy bath... and also a 22 footer 2005 with a BIG wet bath. Then a few years later went to the 25. And 2 weeks ago picked up my Avion 10.6 meter (37 feet?) from Frank's Trailerwerks and - aside from taking the Potomac River Bridge over route 301 - towed it easily. If you're thinking the 27 is too big - compare the pantry and the closets and the knee room in the bath. You might be converted.

Happy hunting! I hope you find something that is perfect for your new adventures.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Mercer Island , Washington
This will be no help to you...

We were kind of kicking around looking at that same general model about 5 years ago. One came up for sale that was the exact thing we were looking for about 30 miles from home. I was prepared to drive up to 50!

seriously, I would have probably enjoyed a drive cross-country bringing it home if I wouldn't have gotten so lucky.

btowntincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #17
Clearwater , Florida
Twin Bed AS search

I bought 2007 twin bed AS from Calif pre-owned late model dealer. It is an excellent design.

Advantages: 3 outside storage compartments.
Large dressing area with twin beds.

I also have a relative that bought the Same twin bed 2009 model year from same dealer.

We are both happy with choice and dealer.

Ask for Vince!! Owner

He always has a large selection
of late model AS in stock!
Alanwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Colorado Springs , Colorado
We dove 1800 miles oneway to pick up our 25FBTwin from Colonial. They are very responsive, and even after the sale, they worked wth the support staff at Jackson to arrange for first class repair work locally to us in Colorado, and continue to follow up with first class support. So let them know what you want, and I am sure they will work with you to meet your expectations. After 200++ nights in our 25FB Twin, we could not be happier. We wish you well...............
amaier7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:56 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
St Paul , MN
Just curious what advantages you see for twins vs queen and front bedrooms? Some points to consider for my next trailer. Also I have a pretty comfy couch with lots of storage (for an Airstream) with fold down table - so it always feels spacious. Some models have the rear door with dinettes and the long couch that faces the kitchen sink - not sure how that would work - any advantages ? Also, we were so sure anything larger than 25 would be a hassle to find spots for in parks - so far no problem so knowing that I definitely would have chosen the 27 but still happy with 25. When they make a floor plan that I like as well then I will be getting another trailer. Happy trails and I hope you find a really nice trailer that is perfect for you!

Seemore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote