Old 02-10-2019, 06:21 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Wallingford , Vermont
Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

Let me start this off by stating unequivocally, totally happy with our purchase of a 2019 International Serenity 23fb. This despite some stressful moments at the dealer, including the rig arriving 2 months ahead of when we were told to expect and our readiness to bring her home. No matter, it's all worked out, yet I have one peeve...

We ordered the salsa interior and indeed, the dinette cushions are a beautiful red....but the throw 4 pillows are all in a brown/beige pattern. Not a good look. Hmmm. The 2019 brochure shows lime, red, and an oyster pillow combo. Seems like no big deal right? Easy to find some nice throw pillows on our own.

Yet....I've woken up this morning with irritation over the reaction of the Airstream rep when our sales guy reached out to question the pillow issue. We were essentially told they ran out of the red/lime/oyster pillows so they included what they had when it came off the line. What they had?? Just paid 70 grand for a TT and that's the reaction?

Not a showstopper, just highly irritating and was a slight joy-kill. Feel better already just posting this 'rant'. Thanks for listening!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190209_172954.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	333277Click image for larger version

Name:	20190209_105754.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	333278Click image for larger version

Name:	20190209_105832.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	333279

SerenityVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Any pictures of the cushions?

We have the salsa upholstery but took away the lime green cushions immediately as they were too slippery and we didn't care for the colour. The reddish ones have an oriental look and are a nice shape and look. The cream are very neutral.

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Wallingford , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Any pictures of the cushions?

We have the salsa upholstery but took away the lime green cushions immediately as they were too slippery and we didn't care for the colour. The reddish ones have an oriental look and are a nice shape and look. The cream are very neutral.
Nope. Was too irritated to take a picture of cushions. I've designed part of our decor around the green color, including towels, kitchen stuff, sheets, so the brown pillows will be trashed.

It's not so much the actual missing pillows as the 'too bad so sad' reaction.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
We got the salsa and all the pillows. I thought there were too many anyway. They all get tossed on the bed. Maybe the dealer should swap some with another unit for you? My dealer would do that.

Tow Vehicle: Ram Laramie 2500 crew cab, Cummins 6.7 Turbodiesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Wallingford , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy59 View Post
We got the salsa and all the pillows. I thought there were too many anyway. They all get tossed on the bed. Maybe the dealer should swap some with another unit for you? My dealer would do that.
Our unit had to be ordered, no Serenity or other units on the dealer lot that would be suitable.

My point isnt the pillows themselves, I am more than capable of purchasing lime colored pillows, it's the attitude of Airstream themselves....the 'shrug' and stating they are out of the items that their own sales brochures and videos show.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #6
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Just going to throw this out there......but if wrong coloured pillows irritate you, be prepared for some major therapy.

The trailer will test your resolve by having systems break down at the most inconvenient times; booking the perfect campsites, only to have your neighbours erect a huge tarp tent blocking your view of the senic river will drive you nuts; other drivers cutting in front of you and brake checking; your first scuff or scratch on the Airstream, (God help you if it's a dent)......the list goes on.

Learn to relax and go with the flow fast, or you'll be hating taking trips and camping very quickly. Nothing tests your resolve more, than packing to go camping; you'll pack too much; your husband will forget things like gas cans for the generator; the list goes on.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Mount Dora , Florida
Everyone has a supervisor, even the “Airstream rep” that shrugged off your concerns.
Call Jackson Center and elevate your complaint. I’m sure they’d be interested to know that one of their “reps” is not very responsive to an unhappy customer.
JMynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes View Post
Everyone has a supervisor, even the “Airstream rep” that shrugged off your concerns.
Call Jackson Center and elevate your complaint. I’m sure they’d be interested to know that one of their “reps” is not very responsive to an unhappy customer.

This ^^^^^^^!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Long Island , NY
Airstream Contact Info

SerenityVT,
Use this link below to contact the Mothership.
https://www.airstream.com/company/contact/
I'm quite sure they will satisfy you.
Stay tough!

2019 23FB International Serenity (on order)
2018 23CB International Serenity
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L Hemi with factory trailer towing package
Equal-i-zer Hitch

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Welcome! As you have discovered you will find many opinions here on the Forums. I’m glad you feel better now that you have posted. I won’t put in my two cents as someone already posted what I would do. I am most tickled by both your smiles. Love it! I wish you many happy days and years of enjoyment ahead in your fabulous new Airstream. It’s only just begun. As I say mine have far exceeded the dreams that inspired it. Hope to have the pleasure to see and meet you one day in a campground and enjoy a cold adult beverage by your campfire. Cheers!!!

MsRivet
Not all those who wander are lost.
Living the Dream ... Plan B
The 70 year journey of our Airstream Liner . . .
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f60...ey-176336.html
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
London , Ontario
Escalate your concerns

Hi,

I do believe that the pillows you ordered are an important issue for sure! Air Streams whether old or new are expensive and yes can on a good day cost us $ and patience as some of you have alluded to. What I do believe that concerns you the most is the lack of proper response from the AS rep. I do agree with "JMynes" comments and would encourage you to escalate your concerns to the next level and let them know you expect a response to your concerns. Bringing attention to an employee's bad business dealings or attitude might prevent him/her from causing others the same concerns.

Have a great time with your AS and surround yourself with knowledgeable owners and fun folks! Makes life so much easier

Wayne
winnie1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #12
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie1932 View Post
... What I do believe that concerns you the most is the lack of proper response from the AS rep. I do agree with "JMynes" comments and would encourage you to escalate your concerns to the next level and let them know you expect a response to your concerns. Bringing attention to an employee's bad business dealings or attitude might prevent him/her from causing others the same concerns...
I think the OP never talked with an Airstream rep but was merely reporting hearsay from the salesperson at the dealership.

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

Mount Dora , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
I think the OP never talked with an Airstream rep but was merely reporting hearsay from the salesperson at the dealership.
If that’s the case, I still recommend elevating the complaint to Jackson Center. Let the shame of poor customer service land where it may.
JMynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Wallingford , Vermont
I appreciate all responses, in particular those who get the 'why'. I am not an easily irritated person, I'm not discouraged and I'm well aware things will go wrong when we actually travel and camp. This isn't that.

There are ways to do things, and ways not to do things. Instead of just throwing some random accessories in the trailer and leaving it to the dealer to explain, how about just not sending any and offer the customer a choice? Heck, I would have probably said no biggie or send me a souvenir tshirt!

I just settled on the TT on Saturday and will be returning for training in a few weeks, so given it is a weekend, I'll deal with the escalation this week.

« Airstream sightings | Top | - »