Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
. . .
Learn to relax and go with the flow . . .
. . .

Your entire post is very well said, Tony.

Good luck Serenity with getting things adjusted in your favor!

Peter

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:46 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Lincolnwood , Illinois
pillows

That is unacceptable. If Lime pillows is what you paid for.
Lime pillows is what you should get.
Take as high as you have to go to get the pillows you paid for.
You already outfitted you trailer in those colors.
You paid for that Decor.
Jackson Center always has new shipments coming in.
DEMAND THEM !!! Don't take no for an answer.

I have a hard time believing the Jackson Center would send it out that way.
A more likely scenario is that someone at the dealership swapped them out for another customer, and never contacted Jackson Center.
Have you ever considered that you did not receive the trailer being built for you.
Are you 100% SURE that you received a NEW trailer and not someones slightly used/returned trailer.
Did Jackson Center give you a Vin # for your trailer ?? Call them and check.

FWIW My wife and I took most of the pillows out of the trailer.
They were always laying around in the way.
I'd call them to be certain.

Milo1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:22 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Dear people, I have never seen an Airstream pillow that I think is truly beautiful or high quality. One that I thought would be an exception was the first year Serenity which had one pillow that looked like crewel embroidery (wool yarn on wool fabric) of a bird in a field of flowers. When I saw it at a dealer location, it turned out to be a cheap print on second rate cotton fabric. Would have looked dingy and worn out in a year.

If the size and firmness of the pillows suit you, just buy fabric and replace the covers... the photographs of what you are buying were professionally lighted and perhaps photoshopped to tweak the exact shade of the fabrics... you can and will do better by going to a shop that sells upholstery fabric. Years ago Airstream did an Ocean Breeze interior that had blue and white striped couch fabric and blue palm trees on the curtains... People sitting on that fabric wearing shorts... meh.. Looked like shyte in six months.

Oh yes, and send the bill for the fabric to Airstream. I agree with prior poster who thinks that getting your salsa interior EARLY possibly means that someone else ordered it, then cancelled or changed the order as their trailer was on the assembly line. If they upscaled to a 30 ft Classic, Airstream or a dealer might have gone hunting for you as the buyer they could unload a salsa unit on.

Happy trails none the less!

Paula
Old 02-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Wallingford , Vermont
Thanks all for your input. I have spoken to someone at Airstream and the right pillows will be shipped directly to our home.

Also confirmed the unit was built for us, came off the line on the date I was told by the dealer, and is not someone else's trade in. I never really suspected that due to the white film still present on rocker panels and all the tags and other 'new' trailer stuff.

I love lots of throw pillows and our dinette will spend most of the time as a couch. That said, I already have other pillows. It is not about the pillows in particular, it's the situation!

Thanks to all! Glad to have this community.
SerenityVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
The fact your "special order" arrived two months early makes me wonder how?
I understand your concern, but all my throw pillows are now in a vacuum bag in a closet at home. I got tired of moving them.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #20
Jo3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lake Lanier Area , North Georgia
Top of the line companies should honor their “brochures “. (unless written “pillows will vary from picture”.
Ex: our granddaughter received a “sewing machine with sewing projects included”
It was missing pink fabric for the ballerina skirt. I called 1 800 # and they sent another sewing machine with included sewing projects. They had run out of pink fabric and just shipped out sewing machines for the Christmas rush knowing they all were missing fabric! At least they honored their missing product. Airstream should do “something” to make up for your situation. IMO. It’s a principle of good
business.
Jo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
[QUOTE=SerenityVT;2208862 I have spoken to someone at Airstream and the right pillows will be shipped directly to our home.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I expected would happen.

Enjoy your new trailer!
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
That is exactly what should have happened when you contacted Airstream! I'm happy they are backing up your new purchase. And, I'm with pretty much everyone else. I keep my original equipment pillows in a plastic bag in my basement. And I have, over time, found pillows I actually like that are now in my trailer.

Enjoy your new adventures in your new trailer! I love that model.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Chicora , Pennsylvania
Hmmmm.

Maybe they need to step up their game a bit if they want to continue to be viewed as a top of the line Travel Trailer manufacturer.

Perhaps they are living off of their past success. But I know some people don’t want to hear that.....

Good luck with your new Travel Trailer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.
WBAC #1341
Totlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #24
Winedog

2014 25' FB International
Walla Walla , Washington
Airstream Inc. is not being held to a high enough standard. Why does the corporation care about improving quality when people keep on buying their trailers and then settling for sub-standard production (due often enough to many new owners living hours from a dealer.)

We just purchased a 2019 Globetrotter that has 10 major issues, all of which say ”as a production-line worker at Airstream, I just don’t care about quality workmanship. I know that cabinet door is installed poorly, but why should I care, leave it for someone else to deal with.” Which of course means the new owner.

It all comes down from the top, and Airstream Inc. has traded Wally Bynum’s standard of excellence for corporate profit.
winedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Chino Hills , California
My 2cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityVT View Post
Let me start this off by stating unequivocally, totally happy with our purchase of a 2019 International Serenity 23fb. This despite some stressful moments at the dealer, including the rig arriving 2 months ahead of when we were told to expect and our readiness to bring her home. No matter, it's all worked out, yet I have one peeve...

We ordered the salsa interior and indeed, the dinette cushions are a beautiful red....but the throw 4 pillows are all in a brown/beige pattern. Not a good look. Hmmm. The 2019 brochure shows lime, red, and an oyster pillow combo. Seems like no big deal right? Easy to find some nice throw pillows on our own.

Yet....I've woken up this morning with irritation over the reaction of the Airstream rep when our sales guy reached out to question the pillow issue. We were essentially told they ran out of the red/lime/oyster pillows so they included what they had when it came off the line. What they had?? Just paid 70 grand for a TT and that's the reaction?

Not a showstopper, just highly irritating and was a slight joy-kill. Feel better already just posting this 'rant'. Thanks for listening!Attachment 333277Attachment 333278Attachment 333279
For what it's worth I totally agree with you. You salesman is not much of a salesman. We had a great guy and he total took care of any issue like yours. When you are paying that kind of money it's their job to take care of you. With that said, we've had our fair share of issues but non that I can blame on the salesman or his lack of concern.
It took us a year to learn how to relax haha.
roadkill367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Arlington Heights , Alabama
Glad JC is making it right

I am 100% in OP's corner on this one. This is different than rude drivers, ignorant campground neighbors, forgotten items, dings and scratches.

I worked really hard to earn my money over the decades. When I spend it, I expect the people I'm handing my money over to, to work hard to earn it. Putting the wrong accessories in a $70,000 trailer is bad but I'm guessing they get away with that kind of thing 90% of the time, and that's why they do it.

But that "too bad so sad" attitude - well, that would have me pounding on someone's desk. Then I'd take a camping trip, and not honk at rude drivers and have a beer with the neighbor that is blocking my view and then go to the store to buy whatever it is we forgot. Because that's different. To me.
janicemd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Hey, he got his pillows!!!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
Congratulations on your new 23 international serenity. I definitely would want to find out who This reps boss is and write a letter regarding these pillows . What a buzz kill. Love your salsa cushions. We have an International serenity also and we love it. Welcome to the Airstream community. Many fun adventures ahead of you both.

redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Airstream sightings | Top | - »