Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2019, 09:24 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
[QUOTE=SerenityVT;2208862 I have spoken to someone at Airstream and the right pillows will be shipped directly to our home.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I expected would happen.

Enjoy your new trailer!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
That is exactly what should have happened when you contacted Airstream! I'm happy they are backing up your new purchase. And, I'm with pretty much everyone else. I keep my original equipment pillows in a plastic bag in my basement. And I have, over time, found pillows I actually like that are now in my trailer.

Enjoy your new adventures in your new trailer! I love that model.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:47 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Chicora , Pennsylvania
Hmmmm.

Maybe they need to step up their game a bit if they want to continue to be viewed as a top of the line Travel Trailer manufacturer.

Perhaps they are living off of their past success. But I know some people don’t want to hear that.....

Good luck with your new Travel Trailer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours.
WBAC #1341
Totlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #24
Winedog

2014 25' FB International
Walla Walla , Washington
Airstream Inc. is not being held to a high enough standard. Why does the corporation care about improving quality when people keep on buying their trailers and then settling for sub-standard production (due often enough to many new owners living hours from a dealer.)

We just purchased a 2019 Globetrotter that has 10 major issues, all of which say ”as a production-line worker at Airstream, I just don’t care about quality workmanship. I know that cabinet door is installed poorly, but why should I care, leave it for someone else to deal with.” Which of course means the new owner.

It all comes down from the top, and Airstream Inc. has traded Wally Bynum’s standard of excellence for corporate profit.
winedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Chino Hills , California
My 2cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityVT View Post
Let me start this off by stating unequivocally, totally happy with our purchase of a 2019 International Serenity 23fb. This despite some stressful moments at the dealer, including the rig arriving 2 months ahead of when we were told to expect and our readiness to bring her home. No matter, it's all worked out, yet I have one peeve...

We ordered the salsa interior and indeed, the dinette cushions are a beautiful red....but the throw 4 pillows are all in a brown/beige pattern. Not a good look. Hmmm. The 2019 brochure shows lime, red, and an oyster pillow combo. Seems like no big deal right? Easy to find some nice throw pillows on our own.

Yet....I've woken up this morning with irritation over the reaction of the Airstream rep when our sales guy reached out to question the pillow issue. We were essentially told they ran out of the red/lime/oyster pillows so they included what they had when it came off the line. What they had?? Just paid 70 grand for a TT and that's the reaction?

Not a showstopper, just highly irritating and was a slight joy-kill. Feel better already just posting this 'rant'. Thanks for listening!Attachment 333277Attachment 333278Attachment 333279
For what it's worth I totally agree with you. You salesman is not much of a salesman. We had a great guy and he total took care of any issue like yours. When you are paying that kind of money it's their job to take care of you. With that said, we've had our fair share of issues but non that I can blame on the salesman or his lack of concern.
It took us a year to learn how to relax haha.
roadkill367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Glad JC is making it right

I am 100% in OP's corner on this one. This is different than rude drivers, ignorant campground neighbors, forgotten items, dings and scratches.

I worked really hard to earn my money over the decades. When I spend it, I expect the people I'm handing my money over to, to work hard to earn it. Putting the wrong accessories in a $70,000 trailer is bad but I'm guessing they get away with that kind of thing 90% of the time, and that's why they do it.

But that "too bad so sad" attitude - well, that would have me pounding on someone's desk. Then I'd take a camping trip, and not honk at rude drivers and have a beer with the neighbor that is blocking my view and then go to the store to buy whatever it is we forgot. Because that's different. To me.
janicemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:08 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Hey, he got his pillows!!!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
Congratulations on your new 23 international serenity. I definitely would want to find out who This reps boss is and write a letter regarding these pillows . What a buzz kill. Love your salsa cushions. We have an International serenity also and we love it. Welcome to the Airstream community. Many fun adventures ahead of you both.
redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
I think the OP never talked with an Airstream rep but was merely reporting hearsay from the salesperson at the dealership.
I'm sorry, but whether Airstream (or anyone else, for that matter) likes it or not, the salesperson and the dealership represent them.

Especially at the times of purchase and delivery.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2022 20' Basecamp
1968 17' Caravel
Los Osos , California
We've had two AS trailers since 2012 and I must say only two minor warranty issue with the 23D, and one minor issue on the 2017 Serenity 25. Each time I went directly to the Airstream Tech Department (mothership) for resolution and was very pleased with the results. That contact will give you a clear idea of what you'll need to know when dealing with the dealer.

Prior to the trailers we were early adopters of the AS Interstate Sprinter. That's where we really got to know the Airstream HQ tech guys. They ended up directing the dealer to make the repairs and held their hands through the process.

It is my experience, that dealers often times give you an exaggerated time line in hopes that you'll give up, or at least it seems that way. Other times they are so incompetent or disorganized that repairs can take forever. Case in point. It took a year for the dealer to replace the fuse holder in the power jack on my 2017 Serenity 25.
SilverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #31

1992 26' Land Yacht
Kanosh , Utah
Thumbs down Push the issue

I would keep pushing the pillow issue. Their response is not representative of AS or any quality brand. Your sales guy needs to earn his commission.

Dean & Sheila
1992 Squarestream Land Yacht
UtahRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Yikes. The nonchalant attitude always gets to me when expressing one concerns.
When I went to pick up my Airstream like the 23fb you have they had the front bedroom center outside window open. Beautiful intro with last name on plaq, professional young kid giving low down on the trailer.
Well, did the walk through and upon closing noticed someone took a very scratchy towel with rocks and cleaned the windows leaving every spiderweb marks and swirls in the glass. Permanent. The detailers also took the liberty of using the rock guard to "lift" themselves up onto the A frame bending it askew.
The response at first?
"You know in five years it'll look that way anyway".
I dug DEEP into myself to not blow a lid at that response.
I pointed over at the newest Airstream and replied "That's what I paid for. (Pointing over to the new ones on the warehouse floor). I didn't pay for my Airstream to look like this".
They agreed and will be replacing them soon.
Otherwise a grey trailer.
Brandon T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
London , Ontario
IF there is balance in the universe - perhaps this is your “ hiccup”and all else will be smooth sailing from here on out ...... happy travels - your smiles say it all ( we’ve all had them when getting a unit )
JOZRVHLR is offline   Reply With Quote