Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #81
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Ummm...errr ... Airstream offers one "stock" warranty. It has been improved for 2019, but there still is only one warranty from Airstream.

"Extended" warranties are generally a really bad idea. They are simply a way for the dealer to tack a bit of extra profit onto the sale. I've stood at a number of counters while the guy one over from me gets read a *long* list of this and that. Each item is followed by the phrase "we talked to the company and that's not covered by warranty either".

Even with AS dealers there is a *wide* range of skill sets. Some dealers are terrific. Some are absolutely horrible. In many cases you would be much better off getting help from a non-AS outfit rather than going to a specific dealer.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:01 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Ummm...errr ... Airstream offers one "stock" warranty. It has been improved for 2019, but there still is only one warranty from Airstream.

"Extended" warranties are generally a really bad idea. They are simply a way for the dealer to tack a bit of extra profit onto the sale. I've stood at a number of counters while the guy one over from me gets read a *long* list of this and that. Each item is followed by the phrase "we talked to the company and that's not covered by warranty either".

Even with AS dealers there is a *wide* range of skill sets. Some dealers are terrific. Some are absolutely horrible. In many cases you would be much better off getting help from a non-AS outfit rather than going to a specific dealer.

Bob
UB; are you saying the "free lifetime warranty" offered by Camper Clinic in Buda, TX, is not really free?? Then is it a hoax?? BTW, I always purchase the "extended 100K warranty" on my TV's...just not on my AS's.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:16 PM   #83
Johnnyooo

2015 23' International
Colrain , Massachusetts
One of the better dealers is Colonial in N.J. Driving long distance could be worth it, if it's a substantial savings..Many people drive long distance to buy..... No matter where you buy it.. Any dealer will service it because that's where they make money ... on service...
Johnnyooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #84
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyooo View Post
One of the better dealers is Colonial in N.J. Driving long distance could be worth it, if it's a substantial savings..Many people drive long distance to buy..... No matter where you buy it.. Any dealer will service it because that's where they make money ... on service...
Hi

Unfortunately not all dealers are *good* at doing service.....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #85
3 Rivet Member

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
UB; are you saying the "free lifetime warranty" offered by Camper Clinic in Buda, TX, is not really free?? Then is it a hoax?? BTW, I always purchase the "extended 100K warranty" on my TV's...just not on my AS's.
You might check Good Sam. We have a $1,000 deductible "extended warranty" that looks really good to me for the big surprises. It is less than $200 per year.
Dave (who gets no $$ for mentioning this)
Dave-Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote