Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #81
Half a Rivet Short
 
2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7,851
Hi

Ummm...errr ... Airstream offers one "stock" warranty. It has been improved for 2019, but there still is only one warranty from Airstream.

"Extended" warranties are generally a really bad idea. They are simply a way for the dealer to tack a bit of extra profit onto the sale. I've stood at a number of counters while the guy one over from me gets read a *long* list of this and that. Each item is followed by the phrase "we talked to the company and that's not covered by warranty either".

Even with AS dealers there is a *wide* range of skill sets. Some dealers are terrific. Some are absolutely horrible. In many cases you would be much better off getting help from a non-AS outfit rather than going to a specific dealer.

Bob
__________________

uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:01 AM   #82
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Ummm...errr ... Airstream offers one "stock" warranty. It has been improved for 2019, but there still is only one warranty from Airstream.

"Extended" warranties are generally a really bad idea. They are simply a way for the dealer to tack a bit of extra profit onto the sale. I've stood at a number of counters while the guy one over from me gets read a *long* list of this and that. Each item is followed by the phrase "we talked to the company and that's not covered by warranty either".

Even with AS dealers there is a *wide* range of skill sets. Some dealers are terrific. Some are absolutely horrible. In many cases you would be much better off getting help from a non-AS outfit rather than going to a specific dealer.

Bob
UB; are you saying the "free lifetime warranty" offered by Camper Clinic in Buda, TX, is not really free?? Then is it a hoax?? BTW, I always purchase the "extended 100K warranty" on my TV's...just not on my AS's.
__________________

__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:16 PM   #83
3 Rivet Member
 
Johnnyooo's Avatar
 
2016 16' Sport
Colrain , Massachusetts
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 103
Images: 1
One of the better dealers is Colonial in N.J. Driving long distance could be worth it, if it's a substantial savings..Many people drive long distance to buy..... No matter where you buy it.. Any dealer will service it because that's where they make money ... on service...
Johnnyooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #84
Half a Rivet Short
 
2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyooo View Post
One of the better dealers is Colonial in N.J. Driving long distance could be worth it, if it's a substantial savings..Many people drive long distance to buy..... No matter where you buy it.. Any dealer will service it because that's where they make money ... on service...
Hi

Unfortunately not all dealers are *good* at doing service.....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #85
3 Rivet Member
 
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 115
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
UB; are you saying the "free lifetime warranty" offered by Camper Clinic in Buda, TX, is not really free?? Then is it a hoax?? BTW, I always purchase the "extended 100K warranty" on my TV's...just not on my AS's.
You might check Good Sam. We have a $1,000 deductible "extended warranty" that looks really good to me for the big surprises. It is less than $200 per year.
Dave (who gets no $$ for mentioning this)
__________________

Dave-Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leak on around the City Input / Flush input wponder Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures 2 04-09-2018 06:31 PM
To buy or not to buy, need input lewishw General Repair Forum 1 07-28-2016 08:13 PM
Air Forum Collective Database Available/Possible? Bob Little On The Road... 1 07-25-2016 06:00 PM
My '61 Overlander project is nearing completion! awetsch 1960 - 1964 Overlander 16 06-05-2014 12:00 PM
Husband about to buy! 1973 24 ft. Help wife get ready! luv2bike All Argosy Trailers 4 11-05-2012 07:17 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×