Old 06-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Locust grove , Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyet
Stay as long as you can. 11 1/2 months in I'm still finding things. Yes, eleven plus months.

Kyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #16
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Some time ago, we published a potentially helpful list here: https://www.casarocinante.com/Blog/S...-a-new-trailer

Best wishes for a successful experience!

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:25 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Morristown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Some time ago, we published a potentially helpful list here: https://www.casarocinante.com/Blog/S...-a-new-trailer

Best wishes for a successful experience!

That is a great list - thank you!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Morristown , Tennessee
Revised question -

You pick up the new trailer, and the dealer provides some accessories - a clean hose, a waste hose, a 30 amp cable, etc.
What do they NOT provide that you need as you leave the dealership and approach your first campsite?

Leveling blocks? Wheel chocks? Torque wrench and socket for wheel lugs (size??)? 50-30 amp converters? Rinse hose? Water pressure regulator? Voltage regulator? Wine?

Again, thanks to you veterans for your wisdom and experience.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
Thanks - what campgrounds are within the 15 minutes you mentioned? RVTripWizard is showing a dearth of campgrounds in New Jersey. Thanks.

We stayed at Tip Tam - I informed them we were just picking up new 23 trailer and they were very accommodating putting us actually at a site that we could pull they. this was May prior Memorial Day so not sure how crowded it is there now. The sites were close together but pleasant area. Like a lot places a lot folks seem to be permanent residents. I checked reviews at various places using google - RVparkreviews, NJ state RV site reviews, trip advisor, etc. plus it was on list at Colonial. Best wishes.
Alces2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Long Island , NY
We picked up our 23CB in April of 2018 from Colonial. Stayed overnight. If you are planning to video the orientation, have someone else hold the camera/phone. You cannot video and listen at the same time.

A check-off list is an excellent idea. If you are planning to have them show you that the batteries are ok, let them know in advance so they are prepared to set the time aside. The service dept is very busy this time of year. My orientation took 2 hours.

With luck, Chris (The Hitch Wisperer) will install your hitch and brake controller. A very personable and knowledgeable young man. The hitch process should be videotaped if you are unsure of the parts and pieces. Chris will do the install/removal first. Then you will do the install/removal with his verbal guidance. Finally, you will do it all by your lonesome with him observing. Take your time and donít worry about nerving up.

Your AS will be parked and already powered up. Have them turn on the fridge the day before so you can transfer your food. Your FW tank will already be filled.

There is a dump facility on site if you wanted to dump before heading home or wherever.

You will receive the very basic supplies to set up camp. Their store is small so donít depend on getting all you need there. Leveling blocks and chocks, 2 foot level, torque wrench, gray hose, water pressure regulator and a surge protector will be needed. A 30amp to 15am converter will be supplied by them.

Our CB was spotless inside - even under the lounge and bed. Check yours for construction debris. Check all drawers and their slides. Check trim moldings near ceilings to make sure they are of the proper length.

Operate all the lights (even outside), water pump, water heater, TV, radio and Blu-Ray player. Plug in the 7-way and check all the trailer lights. Nowís a good time to visually inspect the entire outside - top to bottom.

Most of all, relax inside with your a/c on and just look at all the detail - from floor to ceiling. Take your time and take it all in. Happy day and safe traveling.

Iíd rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #21
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
If your PDI is only two hours long, youíre rushing things.

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Long Island , NY
I would agree about 2 hours being short, especially if one had no clue on the ins and outs of Airstreams or any TT for that matter. Staff had orientation down to a science with no parts overlooked. One’s checklist confirmed this.

I spent tons of hours on YouTube months before orientation day. Time well spent. Areas I didn’t understand were explained as much as I needed. No rush by staff was felt.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #23

Currently Looking...
Wilmington , North Carolina
If you donít already have a Fast Pass for tolls, I recommend one.
tobyport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #24

1967 30' Sovereign
Bremertion , Washington
The article sounds like something to send your sales or service rep so they can ensure the all those items are gone through and addressed prior to delivery day
grunt98311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #25

Lawrenceville , New Jersey
Quote:
Thanks - what campgrounds are within the 15 minutes you mentioned? RVTripWizard is showing a dearth of campgrounds in New Jersey. Thanks.
A nice one not too far away is Turkey Swamp Park - a beautiful county-run campground in the Jackson NJ area (not swampy at all, actually a lake surrounded by woods.) Probably more than 15 mins away, but Iíd say within a half-hour drive.

You can find reviews on http://www.rvparkreviews.com - I find that site very helpful to separate the wheat from the chaff
WillDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Manchester center , Vermont
Orientation

Quote:
We stayed at butterfly camping site, close to Colonial. Cheated our first night by taking a pull through. But I must say these 33foot classics are a joy to tow with the right hitch (ProPride) and easy to back up. And Iím a newbie.
Menno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Manchester center , Vermont
Orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletoo View Post
I would agree about 2 hours being short, especially if one had no clue on the ins and outs of Airstreams or any TT for that matter. Staff had orientation down to a science with no parts overlooked. Oneís checklist confirmed this.

I spent tons of hours on YouTube months before orientation day. Time well spent. Areas I didnít understand were explained as much as I needed. No rush by staff was felt.
I did the same. And the colonial orientation is thorough and took at least 3hrs. Then we stayed overnight. Used all appliances. Cook a meal on stove and microwave, baked cookies in oven, took some hot showers, etc. take a dvd with you and also check the regular antenna. Video everything!! I did this and it is absolutely gold to watch all of it again. Including hitching and unhitching. Do the test drive with them. Crawl under your unit, look for rust, loose screws, etc. check the awning and exterior lights. Open every window, etc. have fun with all of it!
Menno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Long Island , NY
Also, bring your flashlight. Helps when looking into the dark cabinets and such. That is how I found that my toilet vent pvc roof pipe was never glued and connected under the bathroom sink. Simple fix by service but could have been stinky down the road.