Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2003, 08:48 PM   #15
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,031
Images: 37
Re: Re: what ya gonna do with that...

Quote:
Originally posted by argosy20


Roger, I have a heavy-duty golf cart you could borrow to pull it...
Terry
Thanks for the offer, Terry! Does the golf-cart have a 7-pin round wiring harness adapter?

Actually, now that I think about it, I've got a Honda RT5000 garden tractor that would do just a marvy job of hauling the little bugger around!

Roger
__________________

__________________
AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:50 PM   #16
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,031
Images: 37
Re: Re: The OTHER Bambi...

Quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl


This is way too cute and is best pulled by a matched team of Basenjiis with hats and boots.
Desertgirl, welcome to the Forums!

I am SO pleased that there is now another Forums member with good taste!

Do you think that the new passenger seat over the propane tank should be wicker or something in a more modern nylon/aluminum configuration?

Roger
__________________

__________________
AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:32 PM   #17
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,192
Re: The OTHER Bambi...

Quote:
Originally posted by 85MH325
I have recently rekindled an interest in the tiny fiberglass trailers as well as Airstreams... I have a practical use for one, and have recently acquired a U-Haul 13' fiberglass camper. I don't have it yet, but I'll post a photo or two when I get it before the end of the month.

Interestingly tho, while doing research and after joining another forum regarding these fiberglass trailers, I ran across another BAMBI; this one a fiberglass model from the Netherlands made by BIOD from at least 1973 through 1980...

Without further ado... the OTHER Bambi:
IIRC, one of the selling features of this trailer was the weight was 990 lbs, almost any car could pull it, and since it was under 1000lbs, no trailer brakes were required.
There is one "down the road" for sale that is a lower-profile unit than yours, with a canvas pop-up down the center of the trailer, about 2 feet tall, for you guys in the over 6 foot club. I think interior height is around 6'5" with the top up.
Terry.
And yes, the cart has a trailer light connector, although it is one of the flat 4 pin types.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 01:42 PM   #18
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,031
Images: 37
Re: Re: The OTHER Bambi...

Quote:
Originally posted by argosy20


IIRC, one of the selling features of this trailer was the weight was 990 lbs, almost any car could pull it, and since it was under 1000lbs, no trailer brakes were required.
There is one "down the road" for sale that is a lower-profile unit than yours, with a canvas pop-up down the center of the trailer, about 2 feet tall, for you guys in the over 6 foot club. I think interior height is around 6'5" with the top up.
Terry.
And yes, the cart has a trailer light connector, although it is one of the flat 4 pin types.
Terry,

Got a photo of the one "down the road"?

I seem to remember that my original Scamp had a dry weight of around 950lbs too, way back when... the new ones (including my U-Haul have a dry weight of 1250 and GVWR of 2000lbs. What do you s'pose they did to increase the weight that extra couple of hundred pounds?

Roger
__________________
AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #19
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,192
Re: Re: Re: The OTHER Bambi...

Quote:
Originally posted by 85MH325


Terry,

Got a photo of the one "down the road"?

I seem to remember that my original Scamp had a dry weight of around 950lbs too, way back when... the new ones (including my U-Haul have a dry weight of 1250 and GVWR of 2000lbs. What do you s'pose they did to increase the weight that extra couple of hundred pounds?

Roger
Roger, it's in Sarasota, a city about 60 miles North of me. I get up there about two or three times a month, I will take my digital camera with me next trip, and post a photo of it here, if it is still available.
Just think, with my golf cart, how much reserve power you would have to run lights and other 12v things in that little trailer.
Terry
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:56 AM   #20
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,031
Images: 37
Re: Re: Re: Re: The OTHER Bambi...

Quote:
Originally posted by argosy20

Roger, it's in Sarasota, a city about 60 miles North of me. I get up there about two or three times a month, I will take my digital camera with me next trip, and post a photo of it here, if it is still available.
Just think, with my golf cart, how much reserve power you would have to run lights and other 12v things in that little trailer.
Terry
Wow... six batteries... with the one in the trailer and the solar charger on the trailer, I could stay out for MONTHS!!!

Thanks Terry!

Roger
__________________

__________________
AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1961 - 1963 Bambi Serial Number Guide Andy R 1961 - 1963 Bambi 51 03-18-2016 02:21 PM
Bambi '62 seeking Bambi '62 for..... Rosemary 1961 - 1963 Bambi 12 07-09-2013 11:53 AM
Recent Bambi owners wanted! rluhr 1997 - 2004 Bambi 82 09-01-2009 09:55 PM
Any other '02 Bambi LS units out there? dtbw 1997 - 2004 Bambi 9 09-27-2004 01:04 PM
The new Bambi is in the Yard Ed & Nancy 1997 - 2004 Bambi 23 04-06-2003 01:37 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.