Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2002, 08:58 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
When we take her on a trip, or just sit in it at the house, it lets us escape into the future or the past.....and it's a great conversation starter!
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:00 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic S/O
Irvine , California
Rod: I'm with you. I've never met an Airstream Owner that wasn't friendly and helpful. Some even volunteer to come make a repair if it's needed. You can't beat that!
2005 Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 4WD, 8.1 engine
pjtaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:53 PM   #23
overlander

john hd- i'll have to check that outerspace thing out

74Argosy24MH- they MH's are sweet! i like GM stuff.......ok what does SOB mean anyway?

john- yeah the couch is gone out of mine too i put a nice chair in mine and i have more room (without the couch). i camped out in mine for 4 months straight it was nice....it has alot more room than the fleetwood motorhome i use to have.it's cool that you can completly remodel them like you said to fit your needs.

jcanavera- yep it's true everyone knows what an AIR STREAM is!

Silver Bullet- they do have a forum that is very helpful and a it's not to bad of one eather.

Kentucky Girl- yeah they do tow really well i was very impressed!

Edie G- the Mh's are nice i wont one

overlander64- yeah it is cool to have and keep somthing with memories like my first truck i will never git rid of it.

carmen- they are very pritty cant go wrong with silver i like the white a/s too.....my tow vehical is white

Pahaska- i was the same way i always wanted an air stream...i star and drool over them every time i see one. i always keep an eye out for one.

InsideOut- whats BSO? i have no idea.......

zamboni - they look kick ass!

53FlyingCloud- yep they are original...i have seen a few of those wanna be A/S's they are not the same. who made those imitation A/S anyway?

SafariLori- thats part of the reason i bought mine...i wanted as A/S becouse they are so cool and i wanted one to fix one up.

Pick- i agree too.

rod- yeah i bought my A/S then i started to look for parts and info and stuff and thats how i got to this forum i have asked a few questions and i got the help i needed this forum has been a big help.

Levon- yeah i have had a few peole ask about mine too......i've even got a few of those "nice trailer's" it's funny everyone seems to check it out.

pjtaia- so far the only A/S owner i now is me myself and I......there arn't alot of them here. are there any A/S onwers in this forum from AK?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:15 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
overlander ~

S.O.B. = Some Other Brand
B.S.O. = Bright Shiny Object like the other girl's best friend that comes in the cute [color=sky blue]little blue box,[/color] of course!

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 12:21 AM   #25
overlander

Thumbs up thanks

Oooooooo........

thanks for the clear up on the sob bso thing!

so just what does come in a little blue box?....or should i ask?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:23 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Maybe you shouldn't ask....check out the link & get out your checkbook!!!

Shari
Old 11-13-2002, 12:25 AM   #27
overlander

Yeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

with my last post i just became a three rivit member! Yes....Yes! i have waited so long for this moment!

o and another Aaaaahh!!!!!! i just seen you added a link to your last post (INSIDEOUT)!!!!!!!.......... not that nooo!!!! .............. yep thats what i thought!
Old 11-13-2002, 12:27 AM   #28
overlander

dang your fast!

INSIDEOUT!.......AAaaaaagh! you beat me to it again!!!!!!!!!!

i can't type fast enough!
Old 11-13-2002, 12:35 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Congratulations on your third rivet overlander ~

Shari
Old 11-13-2002, 12:37 AM   #30
overlander

Rivet

thanks it was a long hard road.......
Old 11-14-2002, 08:14 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Waking up in it everyday!!!!!
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 08:32 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

Memories.........

In it or out of it, nothing can take it from us. Thanks Airstream! Oscar
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:02 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

We like our Safari because nobody else has it. The Silver Fox is its name. We call it Foxy for short.
Dbraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:21 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
my thoughts

I agree with everyone who says they are cool. I agree with everyone who says they are unique. Heck, I agree with everyone! But the thing that has meant the most to me has been the time that I have spent working on all the problems both big and small with my son. Unfortunately, he and I do not share many other interests. Working on the AS however has forged a relationship that I never thought we would have when he was a teenager. I am thankful for that beyond words and I thank all of you for the help you have given us so far.
Brouck
bhsl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:34 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Brouck,
I have a 22 yr. old son who has always been closer to his mother than me. My 18 yr. old son deer hunted with me for 3 yrs. and is now off to college. I miss him because we share the love of muscle cars and Chevy 4X4 trucks. After he rolled my '92 Z71 4X4 trying to miss a deer it was devestating to him because it was to be his graduation present so I could upgrade to a 2500hd. We took the insurance money and he found a '92 Camaro which we worked on. He couldn't get the trucks out of his system so he found a '90 1500 Sport 4X4 and we have had a lot of fun working on it. We a pretty close. My 17 yr. old likes cars and trucks and has not really gotten involved in a vehicle but has saved $3,000 toward a Tahoe/Blazer. I'm sure we will get closer as we go to buy it. None of the kids has been much involved with the Airstream but I'm sure that will change over time. Who knows, my 15 yr. old girl may enjoy traveling in the Airstream if I can pry her away from her boyfriend.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:30 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
Craig, it seems to be one of the nicer things about middle age. There were times when I wondered if my children and I would ever speak the same language. My son runs the computer department in my chiropractic clinic and in all his other spare time he fishes. He spends every weekend at Lake Superior or Lake Michigan so you can see why he has developed a love of the airstream. I am rather a studious type, working in the clinic all the time or going to school. I have very little hands on mechanical skill(except with people) but he on the other hand, is a natural with things mechanical and it is a joy to watch him solve a problem that might take me days. I have come to enjoy every minute I can with him and with his sisters. I'm glad you're doing the same with your kids.
Brouck
bhsl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
The great things about Airstream's

You can take them anywhere.

Unboxing The Franklin Mint - 1967 Airstream International Land Yacht Sovereign of the Road Diecast - YouTube

I wonder how many members of this old thread are still active?
Please check in if you are still here.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander View Post
with my last post i just became a three rivit member! Yes....Yes! i have waited so long for this moment!

o and another Aaaaahh!!!!!! i just seen you added a link to your last post (INSIDEOUT)!!!!!!!.......... not that nooo!!!! .............. yep thats what i thought!
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote