Old 04-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Campbell , California
The End Of The VAP!!!!

Is anyone else out there really bummed like me to hear that The VAP may be coming to an end after the 100th episode???

I discovered these guys back in episode three and have been a VAP-addic ever since. Even though I've never met Tim, Rob or Collin, they have certainly been a part of my life. I bought my flag pole holder from Rob and thanks to Tim, I proudly display my VAP sticker on the Globetrotter. On a recent road trip from Boise to the Bay Area I started over at the beginning and listened to the first 11 episodes...It's amazing how that helped pass the time.

This has been a very valuable resource to those of us working to refurbish or restore our Airstreams. I can understand their desire to retire The VAP as it must be a huge time commitment, but it will be sorely missed. I say we start a movement to encourage them to keep the VAP alive!!!

If the 100th episode is indeed the last, then I want to publicly thank Tim, Rob and Collin for their efforts these past 4 years to help fuel the passion for Airstreams while entertaining and educating us on all aspects Airstream.
Thanks guys!!!!!!

SAVE THE VAP!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We met Rob and the family. Great people great podcasts. If they feel they have exhausted the vintage subjects perhaps they could continue with story telling of Airstreamers and other interviews. While we don't have any vintage vehicles we enjoyed many of the programs as with the Luhrs and David Winick, Pee Wee, Forest Bone, the Troubs, etc. Don't go we love you guys!!! Thanks for all the hours of smiles entertainment and practical tips.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
I heard them say something about that on the latest episode and hope that is not true. I have just started my Airstream life this February and have listened to every episode 2-3 times. I have had the honor of meeting Rob and his family at CBR this year and they were such nice people.

Please oh Please say it is not true!!!!!!!!!

Nick
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
I'm also a fan and think this would be a huge loss. They can't be done - we still have a resto project and need the regular infusion of inspiration. Listening to them while scraping, sanding and tinkering is a true pleasure.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I too do not want to see it end. I have been on a few times and have learned a great deal from every episode. Maybe you should let them know how you feel. I do not think any of them participate on this forum anymore, so your posts are going unheard. Sends an email.... Contact Us - The Vintage Airstream Podcast... Call the voice mail line. let them know how you all feel.

Perhaps if it does end a new podcast will start that covers the same subject and some others too.... someone might be toying with that very subject...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Campbell , California
If we think that they may be running out of material, then I suggest that everyone post their suggestions for show topics. Here are a few of mine:

1) The 70s Airstreams - I know that they mentioned this but I want to be sure it isn't forgotten.

2) The 80s Airstreams

3) More with PeeWee - I think that this is also already planned

4) Inside The Vap (how they met, etc....)

5) Airstream Product Updates - schedule an interview with someone from Airstream, much like they did with the BaseCamp. They can talk about the toyhaulers, etc...

6) The Celebrity Show - They can talk about some famous folks with vintage trailers, give a much needed update on Vintage Lightning and maybe Colin can convince Matthew McConaughey to phone in

Everyone, please add to the list!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Safari tim!
I see that you are with us..........say it ain't so! The failing economy, swine Flu and now this?

don't know if I can take much more bad news.....
Old 04-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
To go along with Todd's ideas:

How about new products on the market? Like when they were doing the ambassador update.
Another build? maybe not theirs but someone that is doing a death build could call in bi-weekly.
Back to basics, talking about appliances, lights an stuff from long ago compared to todays.

Nick
Old 04-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
I'm a couple of episodes behind in listening, so I haven't heard the news first hand. Bummer if it actually happens. Probably just a basic business decision. Web sites aren't cheap to operate.

To all that contributed to the show over the years, thanks for the good times. I've really enjoyed the ride.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #10
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
It would be a shame since I have been collecting information on restoring my next trailer which will be vintage. They are volunteering their time though. I hope they continue.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #11
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick6930 View Post
To go along with Todd's ideas:

Another build? maybe not theirs but someone that is doing a death build could call in bi-weekly.
Back to basics, talking about appliances, lights an stuff from long ago compared to todays.

Nick
I know just the guy to do this, too. Occasional guest Frank is starting a business called Frank's Trailer Works, and he is just about to begin re-building Wally's bubble from the ground up, new frame included.

Frank has personally helped me dozens of times with advise on my 1961 Ambassador restoration, and he has a gift for explaining things in a very clear and understandable way. He would be a huge bonus for the show, and probably has another 100 shows worth of topics to share with the audience.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Ossining , New York
Tim
I agree with everyone above this post... We would hate to see you go. If it is finances, please let us know how we can help. I have tons of server space and bandwidth and I would be happy to provide that for the VAP downloads, posts, etc. gratis. Please let us know how we can help the show continue on.
Jaime
Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow holy crap No VAP ...say it aint so ..shoeless Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I too do not want to see it end. I have been on a few times and have learned a great deal from every episode. Maybe you should let them know how you feel. I do not think any of them participate on this forum anymore, so your posts are going unheard.

Now why would they or anyone else give up participation on these forums?
That is a 64000 dollar question...Why have so many come and then quit?
One that is almost always addressed with spin and horses#!t.
Sure would like to here it from the VAP boys themselves. If it is so.

I have never heard the VAP but always intended to someday.
I know they had old shows archived for a while, but I think they removed those and planned on selling them instead of free access to em. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If they do quit I hope all the old shows will be made available one way or another.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Campbell , California
I think that the first 30 or so episodes are available on CD for a modest donation to the VAP. It was a simple matter of server space.