Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #15
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Distantdrummer, maybe you will just have to take my word for it.... I know for certain that Tim rarely comes on here and participates even less than he appears online. And Rob and Colin never come on anymore. Go ahead and PM them, see how long it takes to get a response... I did ask this very question as to why would anyone leave the forum in another thread and was basically told that it was my imagination, all part of evolution, a changing of the times... http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...one-48824.html

I encourage you all to contact the VAP guys and let them know how you feel about the show ending. Here is their contact info Contact Us - The Vintage Airstream Podcast

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #16
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Oh please say it isnt so! Not the VAP!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Distantdrummer, maybe you will just have to take my word for it.... I know for certain that Tim rarely comes on here and participates even less than he appears online. And Rob and Colin never come on anymore. Go ahead and PM them, see how long it takes to get a response... I did ask this very question as to why would anyone leave the forum in another thread and was basically told that it was my imagination, all part of evolution, a changing of the times... http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...one-48824.html

I encourage you all to contact the VAP guys and let them know how you feel about the show ending. Here is their contact info Contact Us - The Vintage Airstream Podcast

Ok, so why don't they participate here any longer? Have you asked the boys directly? (This is a polite request for info, nothing more). I'm with you, Frank. We need the VAP guys. Just trying to get a handel on it.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hey Jim, I wasn't around when Tim was a regular contributor, but I do come across his contributions to archived threads regularly, and I can tell he was a great person to have around. Honestly, I can't recall a single time Colin ever posted. I guess he did, but I don't recall any instances when we interacted, nor have I come across any of his posts contributing to anything in the archives, and I can promise you I spend a TON of time there!

Rob on the other hand was a valuable contributor even when I started here, and I miss his posts a great deal. I'll leave it to him to divulge his reasons if he chooses, but I correspond with him on a fairly regular basis, and I often tell him that he is missed around here. He has a blog (Sweet Sovereign Of The Road) and those who wish can catch up with him there.

Back on subject, I will miss the VAP quite a bit, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something come along that is reminiscent of it, though it certainly can never be replaced.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Jim, Rob and I are very good friends. We camp together often and our families are very close. I do not want to speak for him. Send me a PM and I will put you in touch him and you can ask for yourself.

Now as to speaking for me.... sometimes the negativity found here about the WBCCI gets to some people. If you are very much into being a member of the club and it is constantly being degraded and maligned by a bunch of angry old men with too much time on their hands and not enough on the ground experience, well, some people cannot take that. Personally I just fight back with pictures and truth.

This thread is getting off course though. It is supposed to be about the ending of the Vintage Airstream Podcast. I want to say I am a huge fan. I have emailed and phoned in to voice mail line with how I feel. I encourage everyone to do the same
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Even good things come to an end

I would have to call myself a faithful listener of The Vap, and have even had a question or two answered on the show. But I can see why the guys want to wind down. If you listen to the first shows you will notice how they have evolved over the years. And I think they where at the peak when Tim was doing his remodel. But you can only interview so many people. Now many of the questions people are submitting have already been answered in years past.

If they want to inject new blood into the show, maybe someone should step with a restore and join the panel?

The VAP has been a huge source of information to the Airstream community, and it will be missed. Thank you Tim, Colin and Rob for all the hard work.

Damon Beals
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #21
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Thanks Frank and Marcus for setting me straight. You're correct,the thread has wandered.

One of the things I've always liked about The Vap is the interviews that Tim and the boys did over the years. Expecially the Uwe and Pee Wee interviews. A suggestion for the guys. How about an interview with AndyR, the owner of this site? I think you could successfully argue that Airforums and The Vap at the two biggest things on the 'net re Airstreams. What does anybody think the future holds for this type of venue? It can only get better, IMHO.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #22
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Damon pretty much hit it on the head. We feel the show has run its course and its time to out on a high note.

Thanks for all the dedicated years of listening, input, donations, sharing of great information and stories from you guys!

It was a great run!
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Please, say it ain't so, Tim.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #24
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I think im going to cry!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
Port Hadlock , Washington
Tim, Rob, and Colin,

First, thanks for taking my question this week on my Marvel fridge door. I don't feel quite so crazy wanting to do what I want to do with it now.

As a real noob around here, I can't tell you guys how much your podcasts have meant to me as I've been ripping my old '57 apart. Without you, I don't think I'll have any need for iTunes anymore. As much as I hate to see you go, I can understand your desire to wrap it up. You guys have put so much time and effort into VAP over the years.

All of your episodes are on my hard drive or on your CD's. I'd sure recommend that anyone who doesn't have the early shows make a little donation and get a copy of the CD's from Tim.

Thanks to the three of you for your generosity, but wish you'd change your minds. I have more questions!

cheers,
steve
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Southlake , Texas
Guys,

Thanks for the all the info on the VAP I'm really going to miss the podcast very much. I'm sure it's a lot of work. I understand. Ya'll will be missed!

Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #27
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Go take a look at The Vap homepage. Sumpin's up.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Go take a look at The Vap homepage. Sumpin's up.
Jim
Well It looks about the same to me. Course I never saw it before about 10 days ago.
Apparently Colin has split the sheets with his former outfit GSM Vehicles.
or maybe he just changed the name?? I did note that the website for GSM is damm near totally null and stagnant.

But it is Tim Shepard out in Calif that runs the VAP. He may be the one who is tired of it all. Or too costly, or whatever. (hope we finally figure it all out).

Colin and Rob are just the regular panel members who answer most of the questions aren't they?
What did GSM stand for anyway? And was Colin the sole owner?

So what is the "clue" you see on the VP homepage Jim?

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote