Old 09-20-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Stolen-2004 16' Bambi

My name is Christopher C. Deam and I am the designer of the International CCD line of trailers. My custom built 2004 16' International CCD Bambi has been stolen. This is a one of a kind trailer with several unique features. It is the ONLY 16' Bambi ever made with 4 porthole windows on the street side and makes this trailer very easy to identify (other lengths have 4 portholes, but the 16 only has two). It also has full wrap-around windows on both the front and back. It does not have a roof-mounted air conditioner, and it does not have front rock or window guards, which gives this trailer a distinctive look. It also has a roof-mounted solar panel. The interior is mostly stock with the "lemongrass" upholstery, but it does not have a stove exhaust hood. The trailer was taken from a storage lot in Sausalito California sometime in the last 3 weeks. If anyone has seen this trailer or has any information about its whereabouts, I would greatly appreciate your help, and thank you for your continued support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1330.JPG
Views:	1028
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	8807  

ccd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois

Sorry to hear about your CCD, CCD. We'll keep a lookout for it around here. It is distinctive. Hope it turns up undamaged.

cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
El Paso , Texas
Send a message via AIM to aztlanco
Bummer is right! Sorry about your loss. I didn't know people stold Airstreams.
'58 Traveler 18ft.
aztlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:01 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Wow, it's pretty awful when someone steals the designer's own trailer! I'm awfully sorry this happened (and regretfully, I can't say I've seen it around the Washington DC area).

However, I hope you don't mind also hearing my own raves for your design! It is dead-on sharp, has really revived interest in airstreams, and made a lot of folks think more about getting into camping. Thanks and good luck finding your lost Bambi.

fireflyinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:43 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Hey Christopher,

Just wanted to add my apologies about this unfortunate event. Doubtful it will show up in the Chicago area, but we'll certainly keep our eyes peeled. Being a one of a kind, and considering how many of us will read this description in the coming days, you can rest assured that if these people attempt to show up with it at a WBCCI event they'll get an awful lot of unwanted attention. Do you suspect that they even realize what they have, or did it look like a random theft of "just another trailer"?

Good luck, and keep up the great work. I'm also a big admirer.
bredlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:28 AM   #6
Unhappy On the look out

We'll be at the Cortez Colorado Rally weekend after next and will spread the word for those in Region 11 to lookout for your trailer. It's unlikely the low life will join a WBCCI rally however. The 4 port holes will sure make it stick out.

Sorry for your loss.

Ken Shuck
'93 Soverign
AZ Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
Dan&Barb 25'Safari FB/SE
2006 25' Safari FB SE
La Mesa , California

Will keep an eye out in San Diego, passing info to relatives in the Bay Area, Oregon, and Ga. Sure hope you get lucky and it turns up, I am so sorry for this loss of yours

CaliforniaStreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Welcome CCD to the Forums!

I'll be on the look out for those port holes and wrapping rear window here in the South Bay and when on the road. Always a little apprehensive when entering my storage yard until I first catch a glimpse of my shinny trailer. Sorry it happened to you but I am sure the thief does not know that he took a one-of-a-kind trailer that can be easily recognized by a huge network of eyes throughout the country. It bet it gets recovered pretty qiuck.

Glad you joined the forum and it's great to have you here. You command much respect in these parts. Sorry it's not better circumstances, though.
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member
Thanks everybody for your kind words, your eyes and ears on the street are greatly appreciated. I'll keep you all posted of any developments, and hopfull we can all meet to celebrate its safe return.
Thaks again,
ccd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:56 PM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Likewise, Chris -- I think your CCD will be quickly recovered. There can't be a market for a unique unit like that. Too obvious -- at least to many of us! We'll be watching ...

But if anyone spots a CCD with a front and rear wrap window but only two portholes, please don't attack the owner! The rear wrap window is an option available from Airstream and several production units have it.
Former full-timer | AIRSTREAM LIFE magazine | Tour of America (old blog) | Man In The Maze (current blog)

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Always a little apprehensive when entering my storage yard until I first catch a glimpse of my shinny trailer.
Glad you joined the forum and it's great to have you here. You command much respect in these parts. Sorry it's not better circumstances, though.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who gives out a big sigh of relief when I spot my trailer at the rv storage place.

I'll keep an eye out up here in Oregon for that Bambi.

I am so enamored with the CCD that I almost traded my Tradewind in for one last weekend.
Amado AZ
1975 Tradewind
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:55 PM   #12

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hmm, we'll be heading for southern Oregon in a couple weeks, we'll keep our eyes peeled. I'm sure it would stand out around here, I haven't seen one of the little 'pods' yet! But I'll be sure to count the portholes before I call the cops

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:01 PM   #13
Rivet Master
1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
I'll post it on a couple truck forums I am on that have stolen vehicle lists. Both have heavy west coast traffic and one is bassed in Polock Pines CA.

Good luck on the recovery.
1959 22' Caravanner
1988 R20 454 Suburban.
Atlanta, GA
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:36 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member
Got our eyes out; I am sure it will be found. We have a 16 and love it. But; there is no way I can let the opportunity go by to ask the designer these questions...
1. Why didn;t the bathroom door open into the main cabin, rather than jam up against the front door and table?
2. Did you ever consider design of the color/fabric for the window shades or awning? THe grey ZipDee and off white shades could not be more boring.
3. Did you specify the front propane tanks get a metal cover? I see they are no longer used, detracting from appearence in my view.
4. What QC issues have you had with your trailer? Poor workmanship has plagued many '04 CCD's.

I know you have other things on your mind, but we would also very much like to see your thoughts here. THANKS.

frozen chosen is offline   Reply With Quote