Old 09-21-2004, 03:05 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1963 22' Safari
1963 19' Globetrotter
Montreal , Quebec
Terribly sorry about the theft. I'll be on the lookout for your trailer in Montreal, Quebec in case the culprit decided to flee your country.

Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sad that your first post was about the loss of your beloved CCD. I hope that its uniqueness will be the key to it's quick recovery. We'll be on the lookout here in Virginia.
We love our 2004 22' CCD and feel that we are riding a wave of resurgence of interest in Airstreams. We feel very fortunate to own one. Your exciting contempory design features were the big reason my wife and I chose the CCD over the Safari style.
Many thanks for the CCD Internationals and much hope for the return of your special trailer.

Bob Eagle

rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Seacoast , New England
Aw, Geeze!

What a crummy thing to have happen!

I sent your post to the folks at Airstream corporate and asked that maybe they could send out a bulletin to all of their dealers. Who knows, maybe the person is dumb enough to drive into a dealer with it?

Hope it is returned ASAP!
Will keep our eyes open for it in NH-

Barbara Peerenboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
"send out a bulletin to all of their dealers. Who knows, maybe the person is dumb enough to drive into a dealer with it?"
Great Idea!!

Hi Chris,

we're very sorry of your temporary loss. Don't worry with all of us on a look out for your 16" it should be home very soon!!

I'd suggest you send a pic and description to E-Bay's Customer Service/QA. They try to keep track of stolen items that might be sold through their site. Also check the site often. The thieves may well have stolen it to sell it and e-bay is a grand vehicle for that sort of hot item. If you see it buy it back and have the cops catch them when they deliver

It's a long trip from SF to NY, but our eyes are always on alert for any Airstreams. A CCD will not go unseen by us and if it's yours, we'll have patrols on it right away!

Hope to hear good news soon.

We have a 25"CCD and absolutely love it but...if only Airstream's 2004 quality could match your design...we'd have the perfect AS and no woes.
KIMILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
Rivet stolen Airstream

I am so sorry to hear of your great loss. Owning a CCD is only a dream for me due to it's being a true work of art. I wish you the very best of luck. Hopefully due to the uniqueness of your design, it will be recovered.
imeynstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:47 PM   #20
Rivet Master
2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
We'll have our eyes open in AZ

Christopher, Like others have said, I always feel better when I round the corner and see our trailer in the storage yard. We always go at least once a week. We will keep our eyes open around PHX and we'll be on the road around the 4 corners states next week. You've got a great community to help you find your beauty.
Ken & Linda

PS - We're on our 2nd CCD and love the design.
4CU Charter Member
1981 Excella 280 Turbo Diesel Motorhome
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #21
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
How Terrible

We'l keep an eye out in the Midwest, (Rockford & Chicago) and I told my son in the Rochester, NY area.

How terrible for you!
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:42 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member
Wow,what a great response. Thanks again to hear from all of you.
To answer the questions asked a few posts back.
1. The black tank location required the location of the toilet where it is (extremely tight fit), so if we located the door into the main cabin you would have had to step over the toilet to get into the w.c.
2.The awning colors i didn't have any control over, however, i felt the white window shades would give all the other colors a "rest" and not get too chaotic in a small space.
3. There was a lot of debate over the propane cover....weight & cost vs aesthetics. Low weight actually won out, but i believe you can order a metal cover from AS if you like.
4. Finally, I have had no problems with the QC, it has performed flawlessly on all levels.

I hope to be back with better news soon.
ccd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:02 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California

If ever there was a case for capital punishment!!!!! We just had our 16' out for it's 6th 2 week trip in a year and it is so comfortable. Thanks for the design. We didn't see your hot one while in the Pacific Northwest as far as Montana. (How do you like my grinding right?)

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:03 PM   #24
Rivet Master
1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Could you post some better photos? We could print them out, and take them on the road with us to rallies and such to spread the word better.

Out for coffee!
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #25
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Eye in the Sky?

Another echo of sorrow for the loss, and hopes for recovery. Another idea that might pay off is to consider Cessna aircraft charter from Napa or Novato airport in north bay, and spending an hour with a flight instructor /charter pilot cruising over Marin County and areas to north at several thousand feet in high wing airplane with pair of binoculars..

You'd be astounded at how much you can see and how distinctly visible an Airstream is from the air.. I've taken friends looking for distinctive cars involved in hit/runs in south bay twice, and as long as you don't have to crowd major airport like SFO or OAK, you can see huge area quickly, including secluded back yards, etc..

Might be worth a couple hundred $$ and chance to feel better taking action, though I fear unit probaly headed for Baja or Canada to become private lodge already... (or find friend with such a plane, and buy gas and lunch..)

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:23 AM   #26
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
This brings up the GPS tracking issue again. Seems like a good idea for newer in demand trailers.
Don't they have freeway cameras out there you could get a look at? Start with the ones closest to wher it was to get a day and time. Long shot but why have all these cameras around if you cann't use them to get the bad guys? Are there cameras at the boarders?
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:51 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member
1950 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Lebanon , Ohio
Smile Think like the thief....

First, check the storage yard records where the trailer was kept. How many recreational vehicles (particularly travel trailers) have been stolen in a give time period? This should help determine if this was a random or targeted theft. Second, check with the Port Authority at Long Beach and any other California or West Coast shipping port for the export manifest list. Chances are your airstream has, or will shortly be, shipped overseas. My gut feeling is your airstream was targeted by an informed thief and not a random theft. It would be hard to resell in the U.S.A. but easy to resell in Japan, Europe or China.

Good luck !

Jim Jarzabek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #28
Rivet Master
Austin , Texas
Damned "Simple Life". Probably stolen by some juveniles and turned into a rolling meth lab. It will surely be found though, kinda like stealing the Mona Lisa or something, sooner or later somebody will spill the beans, that is if they know what they stole.

Former Airstreamer
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote