Old 09-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
STL RV show vintage units

The RV show in St. Louis will be here in early January (11th-14th) and the folks at the local Airstream dealership asked me to see if any of you would like to help out. The show is planning to set up a vintage area which would include trailers and motor homes of the 60-70's era. Because there aren't many SOB's around, this could end up an area that has a lot of Airstream's/Argosy's in it.

So the question is whether you would be interested in displaying your vintage Airstream/Argosy at the St. Louis RV show down here at the Convention Center. The area of the display will be roped off so you will not have folks touching or entering your unit. You will also have the opportunity to be down here with your Airstream during show hours if you like to talk to the attendees.

Obviously I'm down here daily so I will also be watching our treasured units. Now for some details. First you would need to bring the trailer or motorhome down on a particular day (most likely Tuesday Jan 9th) and time (we have to load up the exhibition hall in an order). Finally you would also have to take your unit out either on a Sunday night or first thing Monday morning. The folks from the local dealership would also be willing to move your unit from their dealership to the Convention Center and back if you wished.

The unit itself needs to show well. So those of you with damage or something not yet looking as well as you would like, need not participate. I know we have room for 3 units, possibly more. There is no length requirement. Obviously if it the weather is nasty on the move in, you might have to do a little cleaning once the unit gets inside the convention center.

So if you have some interest, let me know.

Regards,

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I thought I would just wake this post up one more time. I'm not sure where the plans are at this point, but if you have any interest, please post or call me at work 314-342-5100. I'll follow up and see where the RV show is at in obtaining some vintage displays.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote