Old 05-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
stage one completed

Hello again! Did y'all miss us? I've just posted pictures that might help explain our absense.

We've completed stage one of our renovations--exterior polish; interior upholstery, curtains and flooring. For now, we're closing up shop to enjoy Bertie's new style. We will likely pick up our work gloves next winter and continue with resurfacing the privvy and look at replacing the awning.

As always we truly appreciate all the experience, wisdom and fellowship here on the forum. We're looking forward to possibly crossing paths with some of you out there on the road. Happy trails!
Attached Images

carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Wow Carmen, a lot accomplished and really cool picture above. Its Miller time now. You deserve it.

AIR# 123

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master
You have presented an eloquent answer to the question, "should I restore my old Airstream?". It is hardly likely your '66 looked that good when new. A wonderful piece of work.

j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:30 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
Wow is right. Your pictures have floored me. I've been working on the exterior like a dog. I'm getting there, but nothing like that. I had decided to take the summer off. We are 100+ degrees here until late September. I've stripped it and busted out the compound polisher with Nuvite. After my first run with the compounder it's way better. What did you do? Compounder followed with the Cyclo?

What about the interior ceiling? It looks lighter than the before pics.

You have changed my evening. Forget watching TV, I've got to get ready to work on that trailer.
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 07:18 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
Hee, hee...she is SHINY! We had her indoors in an unleased space all winter, (how lucky are we?). Pete did the majority of the polishing process himself on the weekends. Pete did the compounding and Cyclo process with the Nuvite polish. We based our approach off of great advice given right here on the forums. However when we hauled her outside for the first time last week--even we were wowed! What a thing of beauty. Ms. Berite sure makes heads swivel.

I assited with some of the exterior clean-up and trim-work and handled the interior projects. The interior "theme" is a homage to the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota where I grew up. I am inspired by the old west and it's victorian influences. Because our interior had been babied so well, I only scrubbed the walls and ceiling to clean them up, I think the whole interior may look brighter due to the wood floor throwing off reflections.
carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 07:31 AM   #6
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Thumbs up Wow

Carmen and Peter~

Doesn't even come close~!!
That's just KEWL~!
The interior, in it's own right, is just outstanding`!!
Smiling here from ear to ear..Know you guys are mighty proud of her~!
First rate job~!!
Can't wait to see how you attack the rest?
Again, "Fantastic work!

WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote