Old 10-05-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Special order

OK, I've decided what I want to order. The dealer says Airstream probably will not do it, what do you guys think?

I want a 19' CCD. Problem is I would rather have the Sofa like offered in the Safari.

Would airstream do a special order like that?

thanks,
Chip

Old 10-05-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
Craftsman

I'd like to say that they should. Come on Airstream " get with the program". A little flexability goes a long way.
Jack
Old 10-05-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Your best bet is to talk with the factory directly and see what they say and not take the vague answer that the dealer gave you.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
ChipW.

The only thing I can think of that might interfere is the sink/cabinet. Between the side of our sink and the end of the dinette seat there is a eight or ten inch space that is unused, so depending on how far (deep) the sofa is, it just might work. Seems like they would have to put the sofa in first, then the kitchen stuff.

There is also a 110 outlet and phone hook-up that would need to be re-routed, as the sofa might cover that up.

Jonathan
Old 10-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Physically it looks as if it could be done. Reason being is that the CCD- Bambi and the Safari- Bambi are dimensionally nearly exact, if not exact. The Safari- Bambi does have the 74" sofa option, where in the CCD- Bambi, it is not an on the menu option.

To me there is little question if it could be done, but more if they would do it to a unit being built on the standard production line.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I know the factory is willing to do special orders but anything that is not on the options list will cost big $$$. I think I remember it was $495 per change PLUS the cost. Spendy.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Laramie , Wyoming
Special Order

Our '05 19' CCD with a front sofa should arrive within the next 10 days. So, yes, you certainly can order it this way. Expect to pay extra. In our case the CCD was almost complete so they took it off the assembly line, ordered the sofa in the correct matching color, and put it back on the asssembly line when the sofa arrived...last week.

Sounds like you found an RV lot that happens to sell Airstreams as opposed to a knowledgeable Airstream dealer.

Antique Pedaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipw
OK, I've decided what I want to order. The dealer says Airstream probably will not do it, what do you guys think?

I want a 19' CCD. Problem is I would rather have the Sofa like offered in the Safari.

Would airstream do a special order like that?

thanks,
Chip
Old 10-18-2004, 09:44 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
I know the factory is willing to do special orders but anything that is not on the options list will cost big $$$. I think I remember it was $495 per change PLUS the cost. Spendy.
I have a retail pricing/sales order form from Airstream from a short while back that says "$250 charge for deviations from standard production plus cost of materials." Don't know what that means exactly, or if it is still applicable.

John
Old 10-19-2004, 12:03 PM   #9
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
I have a retail pricing/sales order form from Airstream from a short while back that says "$250 charge for deviations from standard production plus cost of materials." Don't know what that means exactly, or if it is still applicable.

John
It probably means $250 vs. $495 = dealer mark-up.