Old 08-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Sovereign Owners Unite!!!

Yes, the "Whale" (we might call him Moby) is sitting in our yard; not too shiny; and the inside in a state of despair, but hey, he's ours.

We were sitting out in the yard yesterday (admiring our handiwork for the afternoon) and wondering out loud "Are there allot of Sovereigns out there?" More the question, are there many late 60s, center double bed, mint green bathroom ones out there? We've seen many twin bedded ones in the photo archives. But how many have a double bed? Do all of them have dark cabinets? Do all of them have turquoise oven doors and mini-flowered counter tops? These are things that are of great importance....

So my question is this.... Sovereign owners, why did you buy the "big tamale", do you have a double bed or twins, is your bathroom mint green and turquoise, did you find the original gold carpeting the bottom of your closets, and last of all what are you using to pull around that giant hunk of metal?

The strange old woman in Middle America wants to know...

Keep the shiny side up.

Beth Ann
67 Sovereign, Double Bed, Rear Bath

silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Hi Beth Ann,
Ours is a rear bath, mid twins. Funky green kitchen counter tops, dark laminate interior. Found yellow and orange shag carpet in the closets and cabinets. Bathroom is a yellowish color, I have been told it was white at one time

__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
Elizabeth , Colorado
Smile 69 Sovereign 31'

Yes there are others with center double bed. That would be me. Bought it from a neighbor last year. It went out Memorial weekend to the Mountains of Colorado, second trip was to Vintage Rally in Colorado Springs (what a great time that was) last weekend.

Original counter top is avacado green as well as original carpet of the same color. Cherry cabinet wood has taken three cans of "Liquid Gold" and it will need another to bring the wood back to life. What a great product.

Carpet was added over the original, but when we removed it we found the original to be in great shape and we are going to keep it in place adding new runners that accent it very well.

Had trouble with faucets (single stem - they are Moen The only place you will find the name is if you pull the stems, it is marked on the stem)

Dealer tells me the company that built the air conditioner went out of business in 1971, Your chances of finding parts are zero and zero.

We replaced the cushions with foutons, cheap and already upholstered.

Tow vehicle is a Ford 15 Pass. van with a v-10. Lots of room in the van to carry all the goodies for the campground.
Good Luck ,
stagecoachbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Me Too!

My 75 has the rear bath and in the center it has the double bed.
My bathroom seems like a dirty white color, and the kitchen countrer are an ugly looking yellow.
Just adding my 2 worth

John G
1975 31ft Sovereign International
........Rear Bath Double Bed Model
Tow Vehicle:1999 GMC Serria SLE Classic 1500 5.7Ltr
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
1986 31' Sovereign.......

The trailer was in fantastic shape when we purchased it, with the exception of the carpets and a need for a good scrubbing. Nothing like new carpets, dry-cleaned curtains, and lots of Pledge and Tilex to make a place feel like your own. We did find the ugly old orange carpet in the bottom of the closets. I've since pulled it all out of there and replaced with remnants left over from the new carpet job.

I pull with a 2002 2400HD GMC, 8.1 Vortec, and a Reese Dual Cam hitch. The trailer pulls wonderfully, and stands up like a champ to the 18-wheelers that blow past us doing 90+ MPH.
joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #6
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Originally Posted by silver 67

We were sitting out in the yard yesterday (admiring our handiwork for the afternoon) and wondering out loud "Are there allot of Sovereigns out there?"
I could be wrong, but I would venture to say that there are more Sovereigns than any other model.

They are everywhere.
I owned a 79' model. You should see the Booth Dinette that I built for the Sovereign.

It belongs to Forum Member "Skip' now.

smily is offline   Reply With Quote