Old 10-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Solar now standard?

I see on the Airstream website it shows the new Globetrotter that the solar package is standard on that model which surprised me. The brochure is showing that it is optional so I'm assuming it is a typo.

(corrected original message where I said that it was listed standard in the brochure)

Old 10-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

At least on the brochure I downloaded the solar package is optional. If you look at the trailer in the main pictures, it has no solar on it ....

Bob

Old 10-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

At least on the brochure I downloaded the solar package is optional. If you look at the trailer in the main pictures, it has no solar on it ....

Bob
UB- You are correct, it is shown as optional in the brochure. It shows it as standard on the website under specs. I corrected my original message and am guessing it is just an oversight.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
Some Guy

2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Nashville , Tennessee
I suspect that is solar prepped as standard with solar panels as optional. This was the case on our Tommy Bahama. However, being solar prepped saved us a bunch of money having solar added to our Tommy Bahama over having it added to our Eddie Bauer which was not solar prepped (traded EB on TB)
2015 F250 TV-Petrol
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarrett View Post
I suspect that is solar prepped as standard with solar panels as optional. This was the case on our Tommy Bahama. However, being solar prepped saved us a bunch of money having solar added to our Tommy Bahama over having it added to our Eddie Bauer which was not solar prepped (traded EB on TB)
Hi

I believe your are correct and that "solar ready" is now pretty standard. Drilling a couple holes for the wires is *way* easier at the factory than in the field.

Bob
Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
There is an interview with the Bob Wheeler floating around where he says the solar package is optional.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote