Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2004, 11:00 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

"Small World" forum experience

I had one of those "Wow, it's a small world" experiences with another forum member the other day when I contacted forum member 0557 (Rick) about some mattresses he'd advertised for sale. After a couple of emails, we figured out that the mattresses from his Airstream would fit my Argosy. When I found out that he lived in Ellijay, GA (not that far from my home in Nashville), I made plans to go there and pick up the mattresses.

Rick's plans changed, so he called to tell me we'd have to reschedule. As we spoke on the phone, I mentioned that I sell real estate. Rick told me that he has a friend, Richard, who also sells real estate in Nashville - and this guy turns out to be a good friend of mine who works in my office! Rick is a bass player, and he played on an album recording session for Richard several years ago.

When you consider that there was no common thread between the three of us, and we made the connection at random in a nation of almost 300 million people, the odds against something like this are truly staggering.

Anyone else have any forum-related small-world tales to report?

Bob McKeown
Nashville
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
being a former Nashville resident and pro-picker, I am amazed at who I run into that I knew when I was in the music business. I lived in Green Hills when up there, but was on the "road" most of the time.
Airstreams seem to draw the musically minded as well! It still reminds me of my tour bus days.

(Hope you both will consider coming down for our forum get together north of Atlanta April 17. )
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

I work in Green Hills and live in nearby Hillsboro Village. I find that Nashville's musical reach extends far and wide.

One of my other interesting Airstream/music biz spottings was an Airstream funeral coach used as a tour bus by a country singer (living in Green Hills). Of course I stopped and discussed it with him and took some pictures. Pretty neat vehicle, but obviously of specialized appeal. His father had been a mortician and had owned a couple of these funeral coaches when they first came out.

Bob
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Hoosiers and Buckeyes in Gopher Land

I bought my Airstream from a transplanted Hoosier in Minnesota that attended Ball State University when my brother and sister did (didn't know them). My Airstream resided on the east side of a very small lake across from another member online here. That member was from Cincinnati where I attended the University. We didn't cross paths there.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote